Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jefferson claimed by many individuals with opposing beliefs?
2. Why might the author be surprised by the number of people who attend the evening devoted to Jefferson?
3. Why might the audience have been too polite to discuss Jefferson's slave ownership and relationship with Sally Hemings?
4. What do John Wales and Thomas Jefferson possibly have in common?
5. Where is the relationship between Jefferson and Hemings a topic?
This section contains 1,933 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)