|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it difficult for Patsy to love her husband?
(a) He is the father of his slave's children.
(b) He is mentally unstable.
(c) He is never home.
(d) She does not know how to love.
2. What two decisions shape Jefferson's entire life?
(a) The writing of his pamphlets and his time as governor of Virginia.
(b) His marriage to Martha and the birth of his three daughters.
(c) To build a house and run for the House of Burgesses.
(d) His marriage to Martha and his move to Philadelphia.
3. What does Jefferson announce, almost immediately, after the Embargo Act is passed?
(a) He would not seek another term in office.
(b) He is canceling the Embarg Act.
(c) He will run for another term in office.
(d) He is getting remarried.
4. Why does the wife of a British minister refer to his administration as "barbaric?"
(a) They openly discuss their illicit affairs.
(b) He eschews all protocol in seating during the dinner parties he hosts.
(c) The woman is not allowed in Jefferson's home.
(d) They are rude and direspectful.
5. Who claims this president?
(b) His wife, Martha Wales.
(d) Liberals and conservatives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is little known about Jefferson's early history?
2. What is remarkable about the transfer of power from one president to the next?
3. For how much does Napoleon sell the land?
4. How does Ellis describe Jefferson regarding his sexual energy?
5. What speeches does Jefferson make during his time as president?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)