|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What closes all ports in the U.S. to trade and is an economically crippling move?
(a) An attack by the French.
(b) An attack by the British.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) The Embargo Act.
2. What does Ellis believe about the relationship of Jefferson and Sally after the story becomes so public?
(a) If there had been an affair, he would have ended after it became public knowledge.
(b) It continues, because he is the father of her last two children.
(c) It becomes stronger after the allegations become public.
(d) There is never a relationship, so nothing changes about their relationship as slave owner and slave.
3. Why do many men of Jefferson's time refuse to own slaves?
(a) They believe in complete segregation.
(b) They abhore those that are not white.
(c) They believe slaves spread disease.
(d) On moral grounds.
4. Who is Jefferson's vice president?
(a) Aaron Burr.
(b) James Monroe.
(c) Alexander Hamilton.
(d) James Madison.
5. As what is Sally Hemings known?
(a) The "African Venus."
(b) The "African China Doll."
(c) The "Venus de Milo."
(d) The "Queen of the Africans."
Short Answer Questions
1. On what are several of Jefferson's arguments based?
2. How are John Adam's last words factually incorrect?
3. After the passing years, what do Jefferson and Adams begin to do?
4. Jefferson's nail-making laborer's are compared to what author's characters?
5. For what are Betty Hemings' grandchildren mistaken?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)