|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What speeches does Jefferson make during his time as president?
(a) His two inaugural addresses.
(b) Many speeches throughout his presidency.
(c) Ten speeches throughout his second term in office.
(d) His one inagural address.
2. How would one describe Jefferson's lifestyle?
3. By whom does Jefferson subsidize libelous accusations against Adams?
(a) James Monroe.
(b) Elizabeth Walker.
(c) Ben Franklin.
(d) James Callender.
4. How would Jefferson feel about increased military might?
(a) He would disapprove of it.
(b) He has no opinion about it.
(c) He would feel that our country is safer.
(d) He approves of it.
5. Why does the audience not ask questions regarding Jefferson's slave ownership and relationship with Sally Hemings?
(a) They are too timid.
(b) They are too embarrassed.
(c) They are too well-mannered.
(d) They are unsure whether it is appropriate to discuss these issues.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is expected of politicians of Jefferson's day?
2. Within the scholarly world what is the consensus regarding the story about Jefferson and Sally Hemings?
3. What has happened with Thomas Jefferson's popularity over time?
4. With whom does Jefferson exchange a series of passionate love letters?
5. How many children do Patsy and her husband have?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)