|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changes would Jefferson wholeheartedly approve?
(a) African Americans in positions of power.
(b) The abolition of slavery.
(c) The Industrial Revolution.
(d) The technological advances.
2. What do both William Jennings Bryan and Clarence Darrow claim about Jefferson?
(a) He shares their architectural style.
(b) He shares their views of evolution and creation.
(c) He is a great man.
(d) He shares their views about human dignity.
3. What does Jefferson idealize?
(b) The King of England.
4. What does Jefferson think about the white race?
(a) It is not a race.
(b) It reigns supreme.
(c) It is equal to all races.
(d) It is an arrogant race.
5. What two decisions shape Jefferson's entire life?
(a) To build a house and run for the House of Burgesses.
(b) The writing of his pamphlets and his time as governor of Virginia.
(c) His marriage to Martha and his move to Philadelphia.
(d) His marriage to Martha and the birth of his three daughters.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jefferson arrive in Philadelphia for the first Continental Congress?
2. Who does Jefferson tell his daughter Martha is the father of Sally's children?
3. What is Jefferson's most successful financial enterprise?
4. As president, from what does Jefferson suffer?
5. Of what is the pamphlet "A Summary of the Rights of British America" a first draft?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)