|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What issue does Ellis dismiss as "slanderous assaults?"
(a) the Declaration of Independence issue.
(b) The Constitution issue.
(c) The Sally Hemings issue.
(d) The slavery issue.
2. What does the Virginia Assembly do, regarding Jefferson's reaction to the invasion by Benedict Arnold's troops?
(a) They award him with the Medal of Honor.
(b) They make him commander of the Virginia army.
(c) They launch an investigation against him for cowardice and dereliction of duty.
(d) They chastise him for hiding.
3. Where does Jefferson retreat to several times per year?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(d) Poplar Forest.
4. How many children do Patsy and her husband have?
5. Of what is the pamphlet "A Summary of the Rights of British America" a first draft?
(a) Declaration of Independence.
(b) Declaration of Treachery by King George III.
(c) Articles of the Confederation.
(d) Constitution for the Freedom of Colonial America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What legacy of Jefferson's lives on?
2. What did Jefferson never mean for his writings to do?
3. To what does Jefferson have a propensity?
4. What is Jefferson's last attempt to save Monticello for his daughter and her children?
5. What does Abigail Adams provide Jefferson from London?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)