|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who handles the negotiations with the French?
2. Who first exposes Jefferson to a companionate marriage?
(a) George and Martha Washington.
(b) Ben and Debrah Franklin.
(c) James and Dolley Madison.
(d) John and Abigail Adams.
3. What do both Franklin Roosevelt and Herbert Hoover claim about Jefferson?
(a) His ideals in their very different ways of handling the Depression.
(b) His opinion of the women's rights movement.
(c) His ideals in their very different opinions of prohibition.
(d) His views of isolationism.
4. What does the previous administration rename Washington's Goose Creek?
(a) The Euphrates.
(b) The Tigris.
(c) The Thames.
(d) The Tiber.
5. What does Ellis say about Sally's last two children, Madison and Eston?
(a) They are not Jefferson's because they are born after Callender's allegations are published.
(b) They are the children of Peter Carr.
(c) They are Jefferson's children, just as the rest of the children are his.
(d) They spread lies about Jefferson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is probably the most beloved and admired of American presidents?
2. Thomas Payne began as a revolutionary hero. What has he become in just a few years?
3. What is Jefferson's most successful financial enterprise?
4. To what is Jefferson compared at an elaborate dinner party?
5. Of what is Jefferson the founder?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)