|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jefferson's vice president?
(a) James Monroe.
(b) Aaron Burr.
(c) Alexander Hamilton.
(d) James Madison.
2. Who first exposes Jefferson to a companionate marriage?
(a) John and Abigail Adams.
(b) James and Dolley Madison.
(c) George and Martha Washington.
(d) Ben and Debrah Franklin.
3. What does Jefferson believe the vastness of the western territories would do to slavery?
(a) Encourage it.
(b) Have nothing to do with slavery.
(c) Embrace it.
(d) Dissipate it.
4. What is a key facet of Jefferson's personality?
(a) His sense of humor.
(b) His lifelong avoidance of conflict.
(c) His abhorence of slavery.
(d) His fatherly love.
5. Who is Aaron Burr?
(a) A powerful speaker.
(b) Jefferson's Secretary of State.
(c) An ambitious political schemer.
(d) A lovable, friendly man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even as he voices inspiring words uniting republicans and federalists in his first inaugural address, what does he say in personal letters to friends?
2. Who is Sally Hemings?
3. Who does Patsy marry?
4. Of what party does Jefferson become the leader in just a few years?
5. What does Jefferson owe English and Scottish firms?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)