|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanied Jefferson to France?
(a) John Adams and Ben Franklin.
(b) His three daughters.
(c) His daughter Martha, known as Patsy, and a slave named James Hemings.
(d) Sally Hemings.
2. What does Jefferson believe creates wars, rather than prevents them?
(a) The government.
(b) Guns and other weaponry.
(c) Armies and navies.
(d) The civilians of a country.
3. What does Ellis call flexibility and others might call hypocrisy?
(a) His opinion on slavery.
(b) His relationship with women other than his wife.
(c) Jefferson's dexterity to tailor his writings for a specific audience.
(d) His relationship with King George III.
4. Jefferson's nail-making laborer's are compared to what author's characters?
(a) Jane Seymour.
(b) Charles Manson.
(c) Emily Dickinson.
(d) Charles Dickens.
5. Of what change in the U.S. would Jefferson disapprove?
(a) The abolition of slavery.
(b) Efforts to protect the environment.
(c) The fight for family farms.
(d) The erosion of states' rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thomas Payne began as a revolutionary hero. What has he become in just a few years?
2. How is Jefferson's arrival in Washington, D.C?
3. How does Jefferson come to be a minor celebrity?
4. What is the Boston Tea Party?
5. What does Jefferson owe English and Scottish firms?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)