|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jefferson's refuge from troubled times?
(a) The Continental Congress.
(b) Richmond, Virginia.
(d) Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
2. Like many Virginia aristocrats, what does Jefferson equate to land?
3. What serve as the most enduring record of Jefferson's life?
(a) The letters Jefferson and Madison exchange.
(b) His pamphlets.
(c) The letter Jefferson and Abigail Adams exchange.
(d) The laws he passes as Governor of Virginia.
4. What test proves that Ellis's belief that a dalliance is completely out of character for Jefferson is incorrect?
(a) A DNA test.
(b) A drug test.
(c) A DRA test.
(d) A Regence test.
5. How long does Jefferson believe the war will last?
(a) About six months.
(b) About three months.
(c) About four years.
(d) About one year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do both William Jennings Bryan and Clarence Darrow claim about Jefferson?
2. What does Jefferson owe English and Scottish firms?
3. What illustrates two central features of Jefferson's personality?
4. How does Ellis feel about presentism?
5. What did Jefferson never mean for his writings to do?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)