|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many slaves does Jefferson own at this point in his life?
(a) Between 5 and 10.
(b) Between 10 and 20.
(c) Between 50 and 100.
(d) Between 100 and 200.
2. What do both William Jennings Bryan and Clarence Darrow claim about Jefferson?
(a) He is a great man.
(b) He shares their views of evolution and creation.
(c) He shares their architectural style.
(d) He shares their views about human dignity.
3. What does the author find surprising about an evening devoted to Jefferson in 1993?
(a) 400 people attend, rather than the estimated 40.
(b) 40 people attend, rather than the estimated 400.
(c) The audience has little respect for Jefferson as a president.
(d) The audience is very argumentative about Jefferson's stand on slavery.
4. What does Jefferson believe the vastness of the western territories would do to slavery?
(a) Encourage it.
(b) Dissipate it.
(c) Have nothing to do with slavery.
(d) Embrace it.
5. What lasts the remainder of Jefferson's and Adams' lives?
(a) Their hatred for one another.
(b) The marriage of their children to one another.
(c) Their exchange of letters.
(d) Their terms in office.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Jefferson's arrival in Washington, D.C?
2. Who does Patsy marry?
3. On what are several of Jefferson's arguments based?
4. Why could those listening to his first address not understand him?
5. What does the Virginia Assembly do, regarding Jefferson's reaction to the invasion by Benedict Arnold's troops?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)