|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author find surprising about an evening devoted to Jefferson in 1993?
(a) 40 people attend, rather than the estimated 400.
(b) The audience has little respect for Jefferson as a president.
(c) 400 people attend, rather than the estimated 40.
(d) The audience is very argumentative about Jefferson's stand on slavery.
2. How would one describe Jefferson's lifestyle?
3. What closes all ports in the U.S. to trade and is an economically crippling move?
(a) The Embargo Act.
(b) An attack by the British.
(c) An attack by the French.
(d) An earthquake.
4. What pattern do his days at Monticello follow?
(a) He sits, relaxes, and thinks about his life.
(b) He spends his days in the fields watching over his slaves.
(c) The prdictable pattern of an aristocratic gentleman.
(d) They are very unpredictable.
5. What does Jefferson lead?
(a) The Democratic Party.
(b) The military.
(c) The voice of dissent against the establishment.
(d) The U.S. to victory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is presentism?
2. What promise does Martha extract from Jefferson?
3. Jefferson is a follower of Jesus but for what does he not have respect?
4. As what is Sally Hemings known?
5. What does Jefferson idealize?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)