|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jefferson owe English and Scottish firms?
(a) 6,500 pounds.
(b) A pamphlet to advertise their firms.
(c) An apology.
(d) A legal agreement.
2. How famous is Jefferson at the time he becomes an ambassador in France?
(a) His fame has stayed the same.
(b) His fame has increased.
(c) He is unknown in France.
(d) His fame has decreased.
3. For what are Betty Hemings' grandchildren mistaken?
(d) Jefferson's children.
4. What does Abigail Adams encourage Jefferson to do, regarding his daughter Maria?
(a) To bring her to France.
(b) To keep her in Virginia.
(c) To put her in a boarding school in France.
(d) To let Abigail take her to England.
5. What happens between France and England in 1803?
(a) They want to purchase land from Jefferson.
(b) They decide to go to war with the U.S.
(c) They renew their friendship.
(d) They renew hostilities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pattern do his days at Monticello follow?
2. What does Jefferson argue should be eliminated from the Constitution of the new nation?
3. How is Jefferson's arrival in Washington, D.C?
4. When he is elected president, what does George Washington offer Jefferson?
5. How long did Jeffersonians rule the nation?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)