|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jefferson know about some of the revisionist history he writes?
(a) It is true.
(b) It is false.
(c) It is inaccurate.
(d) It is just.
2. Who does Patsy marry?
(a) Thomas Payne.
(b) Thomas Mann Randolph Jr.
(c) William Randolph Hearst.
(d) Charles Darwin.
3. What is one of Jefferson's primary goals?
(a) The elimination of urban residences.
(b) The elimination of the national debt.
(c) The elimination of waste.
(d) The elimination of foreigners in the U.S.
4. Who does Jefferson refer to his slaves?
(a) As his "extended family."
(b) As members of society.
(c) As the bane of his existence.
(d) As his property.
5. What does the previous administration rename Washington's Goose Creek?
(a) The Euphrates.
(b) The Thames.
(c) The Tiber.
(d) The Tigris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Ellis feel it is unfair to accuse a man of Jefferson's time regarding women?
2. Who does Jefferson sometimes revile as a drunkard and sometimes as a wise, just ruler?
3. Why do many men of Jefferson's time refuse to own slaves?
4. After the passing years, what do Jefferson and Adams begin to do?
5. When does Jefferson permanently retire to Monticello?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)