|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jefferson expect his slave to learn while in France?
(a) How to be obedient.
(b) To become fluent in French.
(c) The fine art of French cookery.
(d) The fine art of French painting.
2. What family is allowed to live at Mulberry Row?
(a) The Hemings family.
(b) His entire slave family.
(c) Those family members with dark skin.
(d) Jefferson's family.
3. Why is Jefferson inconsolable and cries every night for six weeks?
(a) His wife dies.
(b) His daughter dies.
(c) His father dies.
(d) His mother dies.
4. What is the Boston Tea Party?
(a) A prank by a group of hooligans.
(b) A gathering of colonists to peacefully protest British rule.
(c) A fundraiser for the city of Boston.
(d) A tea store in Boston.
5. When it comes to Jefferson's writing, what does he not like?
(a) To have his work accepted.
(b) To be edited.
(c) To write persuasively.
(d) To write political pamphlets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do both William Jennings Bryan and Clarence Darrow claim about Jefferson?
2. What is Jefferson's attitude towards slavery?
3. What does Ellis call flexibility and others might call hypocrisy?
4. Who is raising Maria, known as Polly, Jefferson?
5. What do many slave owners require of their slaves?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)