|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When it comes to Jefferson's writing, what does he not like?
(a) To write persuasively.
(b) To write political pamphlets.
(c) To be edited.
(d) To have his work accepted.
2. Who claims this president?
(a) Liberals and conservatives.
(c) His wife, Martha Wales.
3. Where does Jefferson attend college?
(a) At Oberlin College.
(b) At the University of Virginia.
(c) At New York University.
(d) At the College of Wiliam and Mary.
4. What does Jefferson idealize?
(a) The King of England.
5. What does the author find surprising about an evening devoted to Jefferson in 1993?
(a) 40 people attend, rather than the estimated 400.
(b) The audience is very argumentative about Jefferson's stand on slavery.
(c) The audience has little respect for Jefferson as a president.
(d) 400 people attend, rather than the estimated 40.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellis call flexibility and others might call hypocrisy?
2. What is the end result of this planting?
3. What does Abigail Adams encourage Jefferson to do, regarding his daughter Maria?
4. How long did Jeffersonians rule the nation?
5. What have several historians pointed out does not exist between a master and a slave?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)