|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two decisions shape Jefferson's entire life?
(a) His marriage to Martha and his move to Philadelphia.
(b) His marriage to Martha and the birth of his three daughters.
(c) The writing of his pamphlets and his time as governor of Virginia.
(d) To build a house and run for the House of Burgesses.
2. Of what has Jefferson either never learned the technique or accepted the necessity?
(d) Arguing his cause.
3. How does Jefferson react to the invasion by Benedict Arnold's troops?
(a) He hides in Monticello.
(b) He flees on horseback.
(c) He musters his militia.
(d) He single-handedly fights Benedict Arnold.
4. What family is allowed to live at Mulberry Row?
(a) His entire slave family.
(b) Those family members with dark skin.
(c) Jefferson's family.
(d) The Hemings family.
5. With whom did Jefferson engage in vile public clashes?
(a) Aaron Burr.
(b) James Madison.
(c) Alexander Hamilton.
(d) John Adams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What affect does Jefferson's term as Governor of Virginia have on the state?
2. What happens to Martha Wales Jefferson several months after the birth of their daughter Lucy Elizabeth?
3. What is Jefferson's attitude towards slavery?
4. What is Jefferson's refuge from troubled times?
5. What does Jefferson know about some of the revisionist history he writes?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)