|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do both Franklin Roosevelt and Herbert Hoover claim about Jefferson?
(a) His ideals in their very different ways of handling the Depression.
(b) His views of isolationism.
(c) His ideals in their very different opinions of prohibition.
(d) His opinion of the women's rights movement.
2. What is Jefferson's refuge from troubled times?
(b) Richmond, Virginia.
(c) Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
(d) The Continental Congress.
3. How much does Jefferson believe the war will cost?
(a) $3 million.
(b) $6 billion.
(c) $3 billion.
(d) $6 million.
4. When it comes to Jefferson's writing, what does he not like?
(a) To have his work accepted.
(b) To write persuasively.
(c) To write political pamphlets.
(d) To be edited.
5. What does the Virginia Assembly do, regarding Jefferson's reaction to the invasion by Benedict Arnold's troops?
(a) They make him commander of the Virginia army.
(b) They award him with the Medal of Honor.
(c) They chastise him for hiding.
(d) They launch an investigation against him for cowardice and dereliction of duty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two decisions shape Jefferson's entire life?
2. What illustrates two central features of Jefferson's personality?
3. What is a key facet of Jefferson's personality?
4. What issue does Ellis dismiss as "slanderous assaults?"
5. What do many slave owners require of their slaves?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)