|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jefferson expect his slave to learn while in France?
(a) The fine art of French painting.
(b) The fine art of French cookery.
(c) To become fluent in French.
(d) How to be obedient.
2. What test proves that Ellis's belief that a dalliance is completely out of character for Jefferson is incorrect?
(a) A DNA test.
(b) A DRA test.
(c) A drug test.
(d) A Regence test.
3. What promise does Martha extract from Jefferson?
(a) A deathbed promise to not remarry.
(b) To go back to Philadelphia to be a member of the Continental Congress.
(c) To end his affair with Sally.
(d) To send his children to expensive boarding schools.
4. Who claims this president?
(c) Liberals and conservatives.
(d) His wife, Martha Wales.
5. What illustrates two central features of Jefferson's personality?
(a) His friendships with John Adams and Ben Franklin.
(b) The address called the "Declaration of the Causes and Necessity for Taking Up Arms."
(c) The amended version of the "Declaration of Independence."
(d) His relationship with his children.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would Jefferson have gone through life, if his pamphlet had not been published?
2. What do many slave owners require of their slaves?
3. Why is little known about Jefferson's early history?
4. What is a key facet of Jefferson's personality?
5. How does Jefferson arrive in Philadelphia for the first Continental Congress?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)