|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jefferson attend college?
(a) At Oberlin College.
(b) At New York University.
(c) At the University of Virginia.
(d) At the College of Wiliam and Mary.
2. What does Jefferson know about some of the revisionist history he writes?
(a) It is just.
(b) It is false.
(c) It is inaccurate.
(d) It is true.
3. How does Jefferson react to the invasion by Benedict Arnold's troops?
(a) He musters his militia.
(b) He single-handedly fights Benedict Arnold.
(c) He flees on horseback.
(d) He hides in Monticello.
4. How would Jefferson have gone through life, if his pamphlet had not been published?
(b) As a Virginia politician.
(c) An American ambassador.
(d) As a well-known lawyer.
5. Who accompanied Jefferson to France?
(a) John Adams and Ben Franklin.
(b) His three daughters.
(c) His daughter Martha, known as Patsy, and a slave named James Hemings.
(d) Sally Hemings.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Jefferson's actions towards slavery and his views of slavery contradictory?
2. What happens to Martha Wales Jefferson several months after the birth of their daughter Lucy Elizabeth?
3. Of what does Ellis feel it is unfair to accuse a man of Jefferson's time regarding women?
4. How does Jefferson come to be a minor celebrity?
5. What is Jefferson's attitude towards slavery?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)