|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do both William Jennings Bryan and Clarence Darrow claim about Jefferson?
(a) He shares their views about human dignity.
(b) He shares their architectural style.
(c) He is a great man.
(d) He shares their views of evolution and creation.
2. With whom does Jefferson exchange a series of passionate love letters?
(a) Diana Ross.
(b) Diana Cosway.
(c) Abigail Adams.
(d) Dolley Madison.
3. What happens to Martha Wales Jefferson several months after the birth of their daughter Lucy Elizabeth?
(a) She tells Jefferson she is not having anymore of his children.
(b) She dies.
(c) She becomes ill but recovers.
(d) She becomes pregnant with their fourth child.
4. Who are the other two ambassadors in France?
(a) Madison and Monroe.
(b) George Washington and John Adams.
(c) John Adams and Ben Franklin.
(d) James Hemings and John Wales.
5. What does Abigail Adams provide Jefferson from London?
(a) Parenting advice.
(b) A connection with Parliament.
(c) Intimate female companionship.
(d) A connection to King George III.
Short Answer Questions
1. What affect does Jefferson's term as Governor of Virginia have on the state?
2. What does Abigail Adams encourage Jefferson to do, regarding his daughter Maria?
3. Why is Jefferson inconsolable and cries every night for six weeks?
4. What does Jefferson study in college?
5. What is Jefferson's refuge from troubled times?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)