|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What affect does Jefferson's term as Governor of Virginia have on the state?
(a) The state's economy prospers.
(b) The state's economy is a disaster.
(c) The state develops rapidly.
(d) The state goesunder major political renovations.
2. What do both William Jennings Bryan and Clarence Darrow claim about Jefferson?
(a) He shares their architectural style.
(b) He is a great man.
(c) He shares their views of evolution and creation.
(d) He shares their views about human dignity.
3. What does Jefferson expect his slave to learn while in France?
(a) The fine art of French cookery.
(b) How to be obedient.
(c) To become fluent in French.
(d) The fine art of French painting.
4. Who first exposes Jefferson to a companionate marriage?
(a) James and Dolley Madison.
(b) Ben and Debrah Franklin.
(c) George and Martha Washington.
(d) John and Abigail Adams.
5. What does the Virginia Assembly do, regarding Jefferson's reaction to the invasion by Benedict Arnold's troops?
(a) They launch an investigation against him for cowardice and dereliction of duty.
(b) They chastise him for hiding.
(c) They make him commander of the Virginia army.
(d) They award him with the Medal of Honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jefferson arrive in Paris?
2. What does the author find surprising about an evening devoted to Jefferson in 1993?
3. What does Jefferson study in college?
4. How does Jefferson feel about spirited debates?
5. How long did Jeffersonians rule the nation?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)