|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Jefferson exchange a series of passionate love letters?
(a) Diana Ross.
(b) Dolley Madison.
(c) Diana Cosway.
(d) Abigail Adams.
2. What serve as the most enduring record of Jefferson's life?
(a) The laws he passes as Governor of Virginia.
(b) The letter Jefferson and Abigail Adams exchange.
(c) His pamphlets.
(d) The letters Jefferson and Madison exchange.
3. What is expected of politicians of Jefferson's day?
(a) To be fallible humans like the rest of mankind.
(b) To live in Washington, D.C.
(c) To represent the best that mankind has to offer.
(d) To do what the people want.
4. What does Jefferson argue should be eliminated from the Constitution of the new nation?
(b) Women's rights.
(c) Freedom of the press.
(d) Freedom of speech.
5. Of what party does Jefferson become the leader in just a few years?
(a) The Whig Party.
(b) The Democratic Party.
(c) The Republican Party.
(d) The Independent Party.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Jefferson have a propensity?
2. How are Jefferson's actions towards slavery and his views of slavery contradictory?
3. What does Abigail Adams provide Jefferson from London?
4. Who is Sally Hemings?
5. What is the Boston Tea Party?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)