|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is presentism?
(a) The obsession with requiring gifts and other presents.
(b) Not believing that events in the past have taken place; being completely focused on present-day issues and topics.
(c) To present false information about an issue or historical period.
(d) The tendency to apply current social and ethical standard to the behavior of past eras.
2. What have several historians pointed out does not exist between a master and a slave?
(b) A hierarchy.
(d) Consensual sex.
3. How are Jefferson's political beliefs during those revolutionary times?
4. Of what has Jefferson either never learned the technique or accepted the necessity?
(c) Arguing his cause.
5. What illustrates two central features of Jefferson's personality?
(a) The address called the "Declaration of the Causes and Necessity for Taking Up Arms."
(b) His friendships with John Adams and Ben Franklin.
(c) His relationship with his children.
(d) The amended version of the "Declaration of Independence."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a key facet of Jefferson's personality?
2. How much does Jefferson believe the war will cost?
3. What does Jefferson idealize?
4. What two decisions shape Jefferson's entire life?
5. What is Jefferson's attitude towards slavery?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)