|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jefferson know about some of the revisionist history he writes?
(a) It is true.
(b) It is just.
(c) It is false.
(d) It is inaccurate.
2. What is the nickname Ellis gives for Sally Hemings?
(a) Black Sal.
(b) Sally Forth.
(c) White Sally.
(d) Silly Sally.
3. How are Jefferson's actions towards slavery and his views of slavery contradictory?
(a) He abhors slavery, and he does not own slaves.
(b) He believes that slavery is an acceptable practice, yet he does not own slaves.
(c) He believes slavery is immoral, yet he owns slaves.
(d) He promotes slavery and owns slaves.
4. How does Ellis feel about presentism?
(a) He suffers from it.
(b) He agrees with it.
(c) He argues against it.
(d) He is unsure about his stand on it.
5. Why does the audience not ask questions regarding Jefferson's slave ownership and relationship with Sally Hemings?
(a) They are unsure whether it is appropriate to discuss these issues.
(b) They are too well-mannered.
(c) They are too embarrassed.
(d) They are too timid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jefferson study in college?
2. What do both Franklin Roosevelt and Herbert Hoover claim about Jefferson?
3. Of what is the pamphlet "A Summary of the Rights of British America" a first draft?
4. What does Jefferson argue should be eliminated from the Constitution of the new nation?
5. What is Jefferson's attitude towards slavery?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)