|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jefferson's refuge from troubled times?
(a) The Continental Congress.
(c) Richmond, Virginia.
(d) Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
2. What is the Boston Tea Party?
(a) A fundraiser for the city of Boston.
(b) A prank by a group of hooligans.
(c) A gathering of colonists to peacefully protest British rule.
(d) A tea store in Boston.
3. How does Ellis feel about presentism?
(a) He is unsure about his stand on it.
(b) He argues against it.
(c) He agrees with it.
(d) He suffers from it.
4. What do both Franklin Roosevelt and Herbert Hoover claim about Jefferson?
(a) His opinion of the women's rights movement.
(b) His views of isolationism.
(c) His ideals in their very different opinions of prohibition.
(d) His ideals in their very different ways of handling the Depression.
5. What is expected of politicians of Jefferson's day?
(a) To do what the people want.
(b) To live in Washington, D.C.
(c) To be fallible humans like the rest of mankind.
(d) To represent the best that mankind has to offer.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what are several of Jefferson's arguments based?
2. To what does Jefferson have a propensity?
3. How are Jefferson's political beliefs during those revolutionary times?
4. When it comes to Jefferson's writing, what does he not like?
5. Who is Sally Hemings?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)