|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a key facet of Jefferson's personality?
(a) His sense of humor.
(b) His lifelong avoidance of conflict.
(c) His fatherly love.
(d) His abhorence of slavery.
2. What does Jefferson idealize?
(c) The King of England.
3. What is expected of politicians of Jefferson's day?
(a) To live in Washington, D.C.
(b) To be fallible humans like the rest of mankind.
(c) To represent the best that mankind has to offer.
(d) To do what the people want.
4. What does the author find surprising about an evening devoted to Jefferson in 1993?
(a) 400 people attend, rather than the estimated 40.
(b) 40 people attend, rather than the estimated 400.
(c) The audience is very argumentative about Jefferson's stand on slavery.
(d) The audience has little respect for Jefferson as a president.
5. What is the cause of friction for Jefferson?
(a) His stint as governor.
(b) His relationship with Sally Hemings.
(c) His political career.
(d) His marriage to Martha.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is presentism?
2. What two decisions shape Jefferson's entire life?
3. To what is Jefferson compared at an elaborate dinner party?
4. What do both William Jennings Bryan and Clarence Darrow claim about Jefferson?
5. How long does Jefferson believe the war will last?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)