|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What test proves that Ellis's belief that a dalliance is completely out of character for Jefferson is incorrect?
(a) A DNA test.
(b) A drug test.
(c) A Regence test.
(d) A DRA test.
2. What is Jefferson's refuge from troubled times?
(a) Richmond, Virginia.
(c) Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
(d) The Continental Congress.
3. What illustrates two central features of Jefferson's personality?
(a) The amended version of the "Declaration of Independence."
(b) His relationship with his children.
(c) The address called the "Declaration of the Causes and Necessity for Taking Up Arms."
(d) His friendships with John Adams and Ben Franklin.
4. Of what does Ellis feel it is unfair to accuse a man of Jefferson's time regarding women?
5. How does Jefferson feel about spirited debates?
(a) He thinks they are very beneficial when fighting for a cause.
(b) He believes they are a waste of time.
(c) He has a stong aversion towards them and is unable to participate.
(d) He loves to be in on the action.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what is Jefferson compared at an elaborate dinner party?
2. Who claims this president?
3. What is the Boston Tea Party?
4. Who is Sally Hemings?
5. Of what has Jefferson either never learned the technique or accepted the necessity?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)