|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what has Jefferson either never learned the technique or accepted the necessity?
(c) Arguing his cause.
2. How does Jefferson come to be a minor celebrity?
(a) His pamphlet "A Summary of the Rights of British America."
(b) As governor of the state of Virginia.
(c) His ambassador position in France.
(d) His writing of the Declaration of Independence.
3. How does Ellis feel about presentism?
(a) He suffers from it.
(b) He agrees with it.
(c) He is unsure about his stand on it.
(d) He argues against it.
4. To what does Jefferson have a propensity?
(a) To understand that people have varying beliefs and not every issue is either black or white.
(b) To present questions as dichotomies between good and evil.
(c) To present questions according to God's love.
(d) To compromise on certain issues.
5. Of what is the pamphlet "A Summary of the Rights of British America" a first draft?
(a) Declaration of Independence.
(b) Declaration of Treachery by King George III.
(c) Constitution for the Freedom of Colonial America.
(d) Articles of the Confederation.
Short Answer Questions
1. When it comes to Jefferson's writing, what does he not like?
2. Who is probably the most beloved and admired of American presidents?
3. What have several historians pointed out does not exist between a master and a slave?
4. What does Jefferson argue should be eliminated from the Constitution of the new nation?
5. Why do many men of Jefferson's time refuse to own slaves?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)