|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jefferson's attitude towards slavery?
(a) Inconsistent and inexplicable.
(b) He is completely against slavery.
(c) It is acceptable in certain situations.
(d) Slavery is needed to have a successful society.
2. Who claims this president?
(b) His wife, Martha Wales.
(d) Liberals and conservatives.
3. How does Jefferson come to be a minor celebrity?
(a) As governor of the state of Virginia.
(b) His writing of the Declaration of Independence.
(c) His pamphlet "A Summary of the Rights of British America."
(d) His ambassador position in France.
4. Of what has Jefferson either never learned the technique or accepted the necessity?
(a) Arguing his cause.
5. Of what does Ellis feel it is unfair to accuse a man of Jefferson's time regarding women?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ellis feel about presentism?
2. What does Jefferson argue should be eliminated from the Constitution of the new nation?
3. How are Jefferson's political beliefs during those revolutionary times?
4. Where does Jefferson attend college?
5. Of what is the pamphlet "A Summary of the Rights of British America" a first draft?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)