|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Jefferson's election coincide?
(a) A new sense of isolationism in the U.S.
(b) A new sense of nationalism in the U.S.
(c) The death of Benjamin Franklin.
(d) The War of 1812.
2. What has been recognized by the "American Institute of Architects as 'the proudest achievement of American architecture in the past 200 years?'"
(b) The University of Virginia.
(c) The College of William and Mary.
(d) Poplar Forest.
3. How does Jefferson react to the invasion by Benedict Arnold's troops?
(a) He single-handedly fights Benedict Arnold.
(b) He hides in Monticello.
(c) He flees on horseback.
(d) He musters his militia.
4. Who constantly attends Jefferson at Monticello?
(a) His daughter Maria.
(b) His black slave Sally Hemings.
(c) His black slave Burwell.
(d) No one, for he is alone.
5. How are John Adam's last words factually incorrect?
(a) The Founding Fathers have all died.
(b) There is still one Founding Father alive.
(c) Jefferson dies about five hours after Adams.
(d) Jefferson dies about five hours earlier than Adams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is raising Maria, known as Polly, Jefferson?
2. What small parade precedes him to the Capitol?
3. What happens between France and England in 1803?
4. Of what does Ellis feel it is unfair to accuse a man of Jefferson's time regarding women?
5. What happens to Martha Wales Jefferson several months after the birth of their daughter Lucy Elizabeth?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)