|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would Jefferson feel about urbanization?
(a) He would have no opinion about it.
(b) He would disapprove of it.
(c) He would approve of it.
(d) He would want to live in our urban society.
2. What is Jefferson's refuge from troubled times?
(a) The Continental Congress.
(c) Richmond, Virginia.
(d) Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
3. What is one of Jefferson's primary goals?
(a) The elimination of foreigners in the U.S.
(b) The elimination of waste.
(c) The elimination of the national debt.
(d) The elimination of urban residences.
4. What is the reason the author gives for the contradiction between Jefferson's opinion of slavery and his owning of slaves?
(a) He enjoys an easier life by owning slaves, therefore he is pro-slavery.
(b) He is against slavery but owns them because he feels pressure to do so.
(c) He believes in human dignity and freedom, as long as it does not conflict with his own wealth and comfort.
(d) He believes in human dignity for those that are of European descent, as long as they do not own slaves.
5. Why does the audience not ask questions regarding Jefferson's slave ownership and relationship with Sally Hemings?
(a) They are unsure whether it is appropriate to discuss these issues.
(b) They are too embarrassed.
(c) They are too well-mannered.
(d) They are too timid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Regarding Sally Hemings, of what is Jefferson regularly accused?
2. As president, from what does Jefferson suffer?
3. Who does Jefferson sometimes revile as a drunkard and sometimes as a wise, just ruler?
4. Who is probably the most beloved and admired of American presidents?
5. What do both William Jennings Bryan and Clarence Darrow claim about Jefferson?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)