|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is there an increase in U.S. military might?
(a) During the Vietnam War.
(b) During the Cold War.
(c) During the Civil War.
(d) During the Gulf War.
2. What have several historians pointed out does not exist between a master and a slave?
(a) Consensual sex.
(b) A hierarchy.
3. Why do many men of Jefferson's time refuse to own slaves?
(a) On moral grounds.
(b) They believe in complete segregation.
(c) They believe slaves spread disease.
(d) They abhore those that are not white.
4. Who accompanied Jefferson to France?
(a) His daughter Martha, known as Patsy, and a slave named James Hemings.
(b) His three daughters.
(c) Sally Hemings.
(d) John Adams and Ben Franklin.
5. When does Jefferson permanently retire to Monticello?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who constantly attends Jefferson at Monticello?
2. Regarding Sally Hemings, of what is Jefferson regularly accused?
3. What does Jefferson idealize?
4. What do both Franklin Roosevelt and Herbert Hoover claim about Jefferson?
5. What does Jefferson believe the vastness of the western territories would do to slavery?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)