|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jefferson retreat to several times per year?
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) Poplar Forest.
2. When it comes to Jefferson's writing, what does he not like?
(a) To write persuasively.
(b) To have his work accepted.
(c) To be edited.
(d) To write political pamphlets.
3. Who is Jefferson's vice president?
(a) Aaron Burr.
(b) James Monroe.
(c) James Madison.
(d) Alexander Hamilton.
4. Why does the wife of a British minister refer to his administration as "barbaric?"
(a) He eschews all protocol in seating during the dinner parties he hosts.
(b) They are rude and direspectful.
(c) The woman is not allowed in Jefferson's home.
(d) They openly discuss their illicit affairs.
5. Why does Napoleon enter into negotiations to sell what is called the Louisiana Purchase?
(a) He does not like the North American soil.
(b) He fears the U.S.
(c) He needs cash to fund European wars.
(d) He is friends with Jefferson.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Jefferson owe $10,000 his first year as president?
2. What does Jefferson become, very publicly, while an ambassador in France?
3. What affect does Jefferson's term as Governor of Virginia have on the state?
4. What test proves that Ellis's belief that a dalliance is completely out of character for Jefferson is incorrect?
5. What illustrates two central features of Jefferson's personality?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)