|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is deeply in debt?
2. To what does Jefferson have a propensity?
(a) To present questions according to God's love.
(b) To present questions as dichotomies between good and evil.
(c) To compromise on certain issues.
(d) To understand that people have varying beliefs and not every issue is either black or white.
3. What closes all ports in the U.S. to trade and is an economically crippling move?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) An attack by the French.
(c) The Embargo Act.
(d) An attack by the British.
4. How are John Adam's last words factually incorrect?
(a) Jefferson dies about five hours after Adams.
(b) The Founding Fathers have all died.
(c) Jefferson dies about five hours earlier than Adams.
(d) There is still one Founding Father alive.
5. Why is it difficult for Patsy to love her husband?
(a) He is mentally unstable.
(b) He is the father of his slave's children.
(c) He is never home.
(d) She does not know how to love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the wife of a British minister refer to his administration as "barbaric?"
2. How does Ellis feel about presentism?
3. What does Abigail Adams encourage Jefferson to do, regarding his daughter Maria?
4. What does Jefferson study in college?
5. Why is Jefferson inconsolable and cries every night for six weeks?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)