|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is probably the most beloved and admired of American presidents?
(a) George Bush.
(b) George Washington.
(c) Herbert Hoover.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
2. What do both Franklin Roosevelt and Herbert Hoover claim about Jefferson?
(a) His views of isolationism.
(b) His ideals in their very different opinions of prohibition.
(c) His opinion of the women's rights movement.
(d) His ideals in their very different ways of handling the Depression.
3. What does Jefferson know about some of the revisionist history he writes?
(a) It is true.
(b) It is inaccurate.
(c) It is false.
(d) It is just.
4. Who are the other two ambassadors in France?
(a) James Hemings and John Wales.
(b) John Adams and Ben Franklin.
(c) Madison and Monroe.
(d) George Washington and John Adams.
5. What happens to Martha Wales Jefferson several months after the birth of their daughter Lucy Elizabeth?
(a) She becomes ill but recovers.
(b) She tells Jefferson she is not having anymore of his children.
(c) She dies.
(d) She becomes pregnant with their fourth child.
Short Answer Questions
1. When it comes to Jefferson's writing, what does he not like?
2. What test proves that Ellis's belief that a dalliance is completely out of character for Jefferson is incorrect?
3. Why does the audience not ask questions regarding Jefferson's slave ownership and relationship with Sally Hemings?
4. How does Jefferson come to be a minor celebrity?
5. With whom does Jefferson exchange a series of passionate love letters?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)