|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jefferson feel about spirited debates?
(a) He thinks they are very beneficial when fighting for a cause.
(b) He has a stong aversion towards them and is unable to participate.
(c) He loves to be in on the action.
(d) He believes they are a waste of time.
2. How famous is Jefferson at the time he becomes an ambassador in France?
(a) His fame has increased.
(b) His fame has stayed the same.
(c) He is unknown in France.
(d) His fame has decreased.
3. What serve as the most enduring record of Jefferson's life?
(a) The letters Jefferson and Madison exchange.
(b) The letter Jefferson and Abigail Adams exchange.
(c) The laws he passes as Governor of Virginia.
(d) His pamphlets.
4. What happens to Martha Wales Jefferson several months after the birth of their daughter Lucy Elizabeth?
(a) She tells Jefferson she is not having anymore of his children.
(b) She becomes pregnant with their fourth child.
(c) She dies.
(d) She becomes ill but recovers.
5. When it comes to Jefferson's writing, what does he not like?
(a) To write persuasively.
(b) To have his work accepted.
(c) To be edited.
(d) To write political pamphlets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Regarding Sally Hemings, of what is Jefferson regularly accused?
2. How does Jefferson react to the invasion by Benedict Arnold's troops?
3. How much does Jefferson believe the war will cost?
4. What illustrates two central features of Jefferson's personality?
5. What is Jefferson's refuge from troubled times?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)