|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Jefferson exchange a series of passionate love letters?
(a) Diana Ross.
(b) Dolley Madison.
(c) Diana Cosway.
(d) Abigail Adams.
2. What is expected of politicians of Jefferson's day?
(a) To live in Washington, D.C.
(b) To do what the people want.
(c) To represent the best that mankind has to offer.
(d) To be fallible humans like the rest of mankind.
3. Why does the audience not ask questions regarding Jefferson's slave ownership and relationship with Sally Hemings?
(a) They are too embarrassed.
(b) They are too well-mannered.
(c) They are too timid.
(d) They are unsure whether it is appropriate to discuss these issues.
4. What is a key facet of Jefferson's personality?
(a) His fatherly love.
(b) His sense of humor.
(c) His abhorence of slavery.
(d) His lifelong avoidance of conflict.
5. Of what party does Jefferson become the leader in just a few years?
(a) The Democratic Party.
(b) The Republican Party.
(c) The Independent Party.
(d) The Whig Party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jefferson expect his slave to learn while in France?
2. How long is Jefferson Governor of Virginia?
3. Where does Jefferson attend college?
4. What do both Franklin Roosevelt and Herbert Hoover claim about Jefferson?
5. How does Jefferson come to be a minor celebrity?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)