|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is presentism?
(a) Not believing that events in the past have taken place; being completely focused on present-day issues and topics.
(b) The obsession with requiring gifts and other presents.
(c) The tendency to apply current social and ethical standard to the behavior of past eras.
(d) To present false information about an issue or historical period.
2. What happens to Martha Wales Jefferson several months after the birth of their daughter Lucy Elizabeth?
(a) She dies.
(b) She tells Jefferson she is not having anymore of his children.
(c) She becomes pregnant with their fourth child.
(d) She becomes ill but recovers.
3. How does Jefferson arrive in Paris?
(a) In a parade.
(b) Secretly in the night.
(c) In an elaborate, handcrafted, phaeton that is fancier than the one that conveyed him to Philadelphia.
(d) In a simple two-wheeled carriage.
4. What affect does Jefferson's term as Governor of Virginia have on the state?
(a) The state develops rapidly.
(b) The state's economy is a disaster.
(c) The state's economy prospers.
(d) The state goesunder major political renovations.
5. What does Jefferson expect his slave to learn while in France?
(a) How to be obedient.
(b) The fine art of French painting.
(c) The fine art of French cookery.
(d) To become fluent in French.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Jefferson believe the war will cost?
2. What does Abigail Adams provide Jefferson from London?
3. What does Jefferson argue should be eliminated from the Constitution of the new nation?
4. When it comes to Jefferson's writing, what does he not like?
5. What have several historians pointed out does not exist between a master and a slave?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)