|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jefferson expect his slave to learn while in France?
(a) The fine art of French painting.
(b) How to be obedient.
(c) The fine art of French cookery.
(d) To become fluent in French.
2. How does Jefferson arrive in Paris?
(a) Secretly in the night.
(b) In a parade.
(c) In a simple two-wheeled carriage.
(d) In an elaborate, handcrafted, phaeton that is fancier than the one that conveyed him to Philadelphia.
3. What does Jefferson argue should be eliminated from the Constitution of the new nation?
(a) Freedom of the press.
(b) Freedom of speech.
(d) Women's rights.
4. Who does Polly marry?
(a) Thomas Payne.
(b) John Wales Eppes.
(c) John Smith.
(d) Thomas Mann Randolph Jr.
5. How does Jefferson react to the invasion by Benedict Arnold's troops?
(a) He single-handedly fights Benedict Arnold.
(b) He flees on horseback.
(c) He hides in Monticello.
(d) He musters his militia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abigail Adams encourage Jefferson to do, regarding his daughter Maria?
2. What does the previous administration rename Washington's Goose Creek?
3. What affect does Jefferson's term as Governor of Virginia have on the state?
4. As president, from what does Jefferson suffer?
5. What does Jefferson study in college?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)