|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he is elected president, what does George Washington offer Jefferson?
(a) The position of Secretary of the Interior.
(b) The position of Vice President.
(c) The position of Secretary of State.
(d) The position of Secretary of Homeland Security.
2. What is a key facet of Jefferson's personality?
(a) His fatherly love.
(b) His abhorence of slavery.
(c) His lifelong avoidance of conflict.
(d) His sense of humor.
3. How does Jefferson come to be a minor celebrity?
(a) His pamphlet "A Summary of the Rights of British America."
(b) His ambassador position in France.
(c) As governor of the state of Virginia.
(d) His writing of the Declaration of Independence.
4. How would Jefferson have gone through life, if his pamphlet had not been published?
(a) As a Virginia politician.
(b) An American ambassador.
(d) As a well-known lawyer.
5. What have several historians pointed out does not exist between a master and a slave?
(b) Consensual sex.
(c) A hierarchy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thomas Payne began as a revolutionary hero. What has he become in just a few years?
2. What is Jefferson's most liquid asset?
3. Why is it difficult for Patsy to love her husband?
4. Where does Jefferson attend college?
5. How are Jefferson's political beliefs during those revolutionary times?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)