|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As president, from what does Jefferson suffer?
(a) Stage fright.
(c) Attacks by the press.
2. Why do many men of Jefferson's time refuse to own slaves?
(a) They believe slaves spread disease.
(b) They abhore those that are not white.
(c) On moral grounds.
(d) They believe in complete segregation.
3. Why could those listening to his first address not understand him?
(a) He mumbles so badly.
(b) He has a cold and loses his voice.
(c) They are too far away from him.
(d) The crowd is cheering too loudly.
4. How many slaves does Jefferson own at this point in his life?
(a) Between 50 and 100.
(b) Between 10 and 20.
(c) Between 5 and 10.
(d) Between 100 and 200.
5. Thomas Payne began as a revolutionary hero. What has he become in just a few years?
(a) He is a pastor.
(b) He is more popular and loved than ever.
(c) He is a hermit.
(d) An obnoxious alcoholic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jefferson's nail-making laborer's are compared to what author's characters?
2. Who claims this president?
3. What does everyone expect of President Thomas Jefferson?
4. Why is it difficult for Patsy to love her husband?
5. Who does Patsy marry?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)