|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Jefferson believe the war will last?
(a) About six months.
(b) About three months.
(c) About four years.
(d) About one year.
2. What does Jefferson expect his slave to learn while in France?
(a) To become fluent in French.
(b) The fine art of French painting.
(c) The fine art of French cookery.
(d) How to be obedient.
3. What have several historians pointed out does not exist between a master and a slave?
(b) Consensual sex.
(c) A hierarchy.
4. Why does Napoleon enter into negotiations to sell what is called the Louisiana Purchase?
(a) He is friends with Jefferson.
(b) He fears the U.S.
(c) He does not like the North American soil.
(d) He needs cash to fund European wars.
5. Who is Aaron Burr?
(a) A lovable, friendly man.
(b) Jefferson's Secretary of State.
(c) An ambitious political schemer.
(d) A powerful speaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jefferson's most successful financial enterprise?
2. Of what party does Jefferson become the leader in just a few years?
3. Who first exposes Jefferson to a companionate marriage?
4. Who handles the negotiations with the French?
5. How does Jefferson come to be a minor celebrity?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)