|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Socrates take a bus to in this chapter?
2. Who is Right giving most of his money to?
3. Who does Socrates say kept most of the reward money?
4. What is the name of the house Socrates checks for Theresa's letter?
5. What kind of cop is Kenneth Shreve?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Socrates stay at home during the riots?
2. What does Socrates have to do in return for no jail time?
3. Why does Socrates think that Ponzelle started the fire?
4. What does Socrates think about the dog paw prints around him when he wakes up on the beach?
5. What do Socrates and Right do at Dilley's
6. How did the bookshop change Socrates?
7. How does Socrates talk Right out of killing himself with a gun?
8. What does Socrates tell Shreve in the cafe?
9. What does the bus driver tell Socrates about the lives of colored people?
10. How does Socrates help Roland when he is dying?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Socrates' character across the whole series.
1) How does Mosley develop Socrates' character across the whole series?
2) What new elements does ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, ALWAYS OUTGUNNED add to Socrates' character?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Socrates' past affected one of the following areas in his life:
2) Social life
3) Intimate relationships
Essay Topic 3
What events in Socrates' early life influenced him to lead a life of violence? How different would Socrates' life have been if she was from a more secure background?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)