|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Socrates' boss?
2. What does Socrates think is the only reason he is not dead or still in prison?
3. What does Socrates watch on his television?
4. What kind of house did Socrates' mother used to live in?
5. What was the name of Sally's dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does this chapter show that sometimes violence is necessary?
2. What does Theresa's mother say in her letter to Socrates?
3. What does the bus driver tell Socrates about the lives of colored people?
4. How does Socrates stop Philip and his two friends from hurting Darryl?
5. Why can Socrates not wave goodbye to Right?
6. Why is Socrates concerned about his job?
7. What does Socrates have to do in return for no jail time?
8. What do Socrates and Right do at Dilley's
9. What does Socrates tell Theresa in his letter to her?
10. How does Socrates talk Right out of killing himself with a gun?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Socrates make a good leader? How has he developed his leadership skills over the years? Why do the men trust Socrates judgment more than their own?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Socrates' character across the whole series.
1) How does Mosley develop Socrates' character across the whole series?
2) What new elements does ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, ALWAYS OUTGUNNED add to Socrates' character?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)