Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Socrates when the police arrest him?
2. What do the gulls on the beach peck at?
3. Where do the bus driver's children live?
4. Why did Charles Rinnett do to Socrates?
5. What kind of house did Socrates' mother used to live in?
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Mosley use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the novel and discuss the goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Examine violence in the novel.
1) How do the characters in the novel view violence?
2) Do the characters need to be violent to cope in the world that Mosley portrays?
3) How did the public react to the novel's violence when it was first published? How would the public react to a similar book today?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)