|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates read Roland?
2. Who invites Socrates over for dinner?
3. What does Socrates think is the only reason he is not dead or still in prison?
4. What is the name of Socrates' boss?
5. What do Sally and Socrates eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Socrates have to do in return for no jail time?
2. Why can Socrates not wave goodbye to Right?
3. How does Socrates talk Right out of killing himself with a gun?
4. What does Theresa's mother say in her letter to Socrates?
5. Why does the ocean remind Socrates of his aunt?
6. What do Socrates and Right do at Dilley's
7. What does Bruce tell Socrates he would do if he knew a man that had murdered two people?
8. Why does Socrates think that Ponzelle started the fire?
9. What does Socrates tell Shreve in the cafe?
10. Why does Socrates stay at home during the riots?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What major events had a profound effect on Socrates' life and how did they change him? What does Socrates still have to learn by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the novel and discuss the goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme:
2) Point of view
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)