Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Socrates when the police arrest him?
2. What do the gulls on the beach peck at?
3. Where do the bus driver's children live?
4. Why did Charles Rinnett do to Socrates?
5. What kind of house did Socrates' mother used to live in?
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1990s? How does Mosley express these concerns?
2) How would Mosley change the novel if it were set in today's society?
Pick a character from the novel and discuss the goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Aside from the main character, examine the way Mosley uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)