|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops Socrates on the way back from dinner?
2. How does Socrates try to kill Peters?
3. What did the man hit with his car?
4. What is Chala's job?
5. What does the billboard fall on top of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Roland not like Socrates?
2. What does Right tell Socrates at the bus stop?
3. How does Socrates' boss react when he arrives back at work?
4. Why does Socrates blame businessmen for corruption?
5. What does Socrates tell Theresa in his letter to her?
6. What does Socrates dream about his mother at the end of the chapter?
7. How does Socrates help Roland when he is dying?
8. Why can Socrates not wave goodbye to Right?
9. What does Socrates do with the reward money?
10. Why does Socrates stay at home during the riots?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mosely wrote ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, ALWAYS OUTGUNNED in 1997. Choose one of the following options and discuss how African Americans' lives have improved since then.
1) Living conditions.
2) Representation in the media.
Essay Topic 2
What events in Socrates' early life influenced him to lead a life of violence? How different would Socrates' life have been if she was from a more secure background?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Mosley use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)