|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Burke want Socrates to get for him?
2. Where does Socrates take a bus to in this chapter?
3. Who does RIght tell Charla he is going south to visit?
4. What was the name of Sally's dog?
5. What do the gulls on the beach peck at?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Right tell Socrates at the bus stop?
2. How does Socrates stop Philip and his two friends from hurting Darryl?
3. What does Socrates dream about his mother at the end of the chapter?
4. How did the bookshop change Socrates?
5. How does Socrates' boss react when he arrives back at work?
6. What does Theresa's mother say in her letter to Socrates?
7. What does the bus driver tell Socrates about the lives of colored people?
8. What does Socrates think about the dog paw prints around him when he wakes up on the beach?
9. Summarize the novel.
10. How does Socrates build up Darryl's confidence after the fight with Philip?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What events in Socrates' early life influenced him to lead a life of violence? How different would Socrates' life have been if she was from a more secure background?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Mosley's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Socrates' character across the whole series.
1) How does Mosley develop Socrates' character across the whole series?
2) What new elements does ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, ALWAYS OUTGUNNED add to Socrates' character?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)