|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Chala's job?
2. Who moves in with Socrates in this chapter?
3. How does Socrates try to kill Peters?
4. What does Socrates do in his dream when his mother caresses his head?
5. What does Benny tell the guard Socrates was showing Peters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Socrates and Right do at Dilley's
2. Why does Roland not like Socrates?
3. Why does the ocean remind Socrates of his aunt?
4. What does Socrates dream about his mother at the end of the chapter?
5. How did the bookshop change Socrates?
6. How does Socrates build up Darryl's confidence after the fight with Philip?
7. What does Socrates have to do in return for no jail time?
8. What does the bus driver tell Socrates about the lives of colored people?
9. How does Socrates talk Right out of killing himself with a gun?
10. What does Right tell Socrates at the bus stop?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Aside from the main character, examine the way Mosley uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Mosely wrote ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, ALWAYS OUTGUNNED in 1997. Choose one of the following options and discuss how African Americans' lives have improved since then.
1) Living conditions.
2) Representation in the media.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Mosley's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)