|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who owns the bookstore?
2. What reminds Socrates of his aunt?
3. Who does Darryl say kills him in his dream?
4. Who does Socrates say he used to treat badly?
5. What is Socrates found guilty of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Socrates and Right do at Dilley's
2. How does Socrates stop Philip and his two friends from hurting Darryl?
3. What does Socrates have to do in return for no jail time?
4. What does Socrates tell Shreve in the cafe?
5. How does Socrates talk Right out of killing himself with a gun?
6. Why can Socrates not wave goodbye to Right?
7. What does Socrates do with the reward money?
8. Why did Socrates break the driver's nose?
9. What does Socrates tell Theresa in his letter to her?
10. How did the bookshop change Socrates?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Mosley use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Mosley's life. In what way are his life and personality is reflected in the book? Where could he have learned about the world of espionage? In what ways is he like or unlike Socrates?
Essay Topic 3
Mosley writes ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, ALWAYS OUTGUNNED in the third person. Why do you think Mosley chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if Mosley wrote it in the first person?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)