|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Darryl wish he was like?
2. What reminds Socrates of his aunt?
3. What did the man hit with his car?
4. Who stops Socrates on the way back from dinner?
5. What kind of cafe does Socrates go to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bruce tell Socrates he would do if he knew a man that had murdered two people?
2. How does Darryl react when Socrates takes him to live with the MacDaniels?
3. What does Theresa's mother say in her letter to Socrates?
4. Why does Socrates stay at home during the riots?
5. What does Right tell Socrates at the bus stop?
6. Why does Socrates blame businessmen for corruption?
7. How does Socrates build up Darryl's confidence after the fight with Philip?
8. What does Socrates think about the dog paw prints around him when he wakes up on the beach?
9. Why does Socrates think that Ponzelle started the fire?
10. How does Socrates stop Philip and his two friends from hurting Darryl?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mosley writes ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, ALWAYS OUTGUNNED in the third person. Why do you think Mosley chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if Mosley wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Socrates' past affected one of the following areas in his life:
2) Social life
3) Intimate relationships
Essay Topic 3
Mosely wrote ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, ALWAYS OUTGUNNED in 1997. Choose one of the following options and discuss how African Americans' lives have improved since then.
1) Living conditions.
2) Representation in the media.
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)