|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of stare does Socrates think Darryl has?
2. Who comes out of a room when Corina leaves?
3. What does Socrates imagine the shop once was?
4. What does Socrates force Darrryl to do with the bird?
5. What does Socrates view Darryl as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Socrates and Darryl say that Darryl's dream is about?
2. What does Socrates think of the Bounty Supermarket?
3. Why does Iula frighten Socrates?
4. How does Socrates criticize Howard?
5. What imaginary conversations does Socrates sometimes have with Charles?
6. What is Socrates' reason for walking home instead of taking the bus?
7. What does Stony think about Socrates' leaving the question on the application about felonies blank?
8. Why is Corina upset with her husband, Howard?
9. Why does Socrates think that Howard should be angry at what he said to Corina about him?
10. What is the dream that Darryl keeps on having?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a 500-word essay revolving around one of the following statements:
1) Socrates proves that on such occasions violence is right.
2) Socrates protects Darryl because he sees a bit of himself in him.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1990s? How does Mosley express these concerns?
2) How would Mosley change the novel if it were set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
What events in Socrates' early life influenced him to lead a life of violence? How different would Socrates' life have been if she was from a more secure background?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)