|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Socrates already stitched up?
2. What part of his body does Socrates injure in a fight with three men?
3. Why does Socrates become angry at Ralphie?
4. Where does Iula offer Socrates a job?
5. What is the woman's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Socrates' reason for walking home instead of taking the bus?
2. What is the dream that Darryl keeps on having?
3. Why does Darryl think it would be a good idea to join a gang?
4. Why does Iula frighten Socrates?
5. Why does Socrates not like collecting bottles and cans?
6. Why does Socrate's visit Iula's on Tuesdays?
7. What does Stony think about Socrates' leaving the question on the application about felonies blank?
8. Why is Corina upset with her husband, Howard?
9. Why did Corina and Howard argue?
10. What is Wilfred's job?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Socrates' past affected one of the following areas in his life:
2) Social life
3) Intimate relationships
Essay Topic 2
What major events had a profound effect on Socrates' life and how did they change him? What does Socrates still have to learn by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Mosley writes ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, ALWAYS OUTGUNNED in the third person. Why do you think Mosley chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if Mosley wrote it in the first person?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)