Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates feel the urge to do as he watches Darryl eat?
2. What kind of table does Socrates use for dining?
3. What is the woman's name?
4. What is Darryl holding?
5. Who does Stony think they should tell about Petis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Clyde in prison?
2. How does Socrates stop Philip and his two friends from hurting Darryl?
3. How did the bookshop change Socrates?
4. How does Socrates talk Right out of killing himself with a gun?
5. What does Socrates do with the reward money?
6. Why does Ralphie anger Socrates?
7. Why can Socrates not wave goodbye to Right?
8. Why does Iula frighten Socrates?
9. Why did Socrates break the driver's nose?
10. Why did Corina and Howard argue?
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Mosley's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme:
2) Point of view
Mosley writes ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, ALWAYS OUTGUNNED in the third person. Why do you think Mosley chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if Mosley wrote it in the first person?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)