|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates feel the urge to do as he watches Darryl eat?
2. What kind of table does Socrates use for dining?
3. What is the woman's name?
4. What is Darryl holding?
5. Who does Stony think they should tell about Petis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Clyde in prison?
2. How does Socrates stop Philip and his two friends from hurting Darryl?
3. How did the bookshop change Socrates?
4. How does Socrates talk Right out of killing himself with a gun?
5. What does Socrates do with the reward money?
6. Why does Ralphie anger Socrates?
7. Why can Socrates not wave goodbye to Right?
8. Why does Iula frighten Socrates?
9. Why did Socrates break the driver's nose?
10. Why did Corina and Howard argue?
Essay Topic 1
What events in Socrates' early life influenced him to lead a life of violence? How different would Socrates' life have been if she was from a more secure background?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the novel and discuss the goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Mosley use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 1,249 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)