Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates feel the urge to do as he watches Darryl eat?
2. What kind of table does Socrates use for dining?
3. What is the woman's name?
4. What is Darryl holding?
5. Who does Stony think they should tell about Petis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Clyde in prison?
2. How does Socrates stop Philip and his two friends from hurting Darryl?
3. How did the bookshop change Socrates?
4. How does Socrates talk Right out of killing himself with a gun?
5. What does Socrates do with the reward money?
6. Why does Ralphie anger Socrates?
7. Why can Socrates not wave goodbye to Right?
8. Why does Iula frighten Socrates?
9. Why did Socrates break the driver's nose?
10. Why did Corina and Howard argue?
What major events had a profound effect on Socrates' life and how did they change him? What does Socrates still have to learn by the end of the book?
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Mosley use character and setting to express these themes?
Why does Socrates make a good leader? How has he developed his leadership skills over the years? Why do the men trust Socrates judgment more than their own?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)