|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Markham think they should do about the situation?
2. What can Socrates not do in his dream?
3. What does Iula tell Socrates he has no business doing?
4. Who does Stony think they should tell about Petis?
5. What kind of suit does Wilfred say he likes to put on after he has robbed someone?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Socrates criticize Howard?
2. Why does Darryl think it would be a good idea to join a gang?
3. Why does Socrates want to talk to Petis?
4. Why does Socrates think that Howard should be angry at what he said to Corina about him?
5. Why does Socrates decide against fighting Ralphie?
6. Why does Socrates not like collecting bottles and cans?
7. Why does Ralphie anger Socrates?
8. What is Socrates' reason for walking home instead of taking the bus?
9. What does Socrates dream about in this chapter?
10. What does Stony think about Socrates' leaving the question on the application about felonies blank?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
Essay Topic 2
Choose two of the following people and outline their influence on Socrate's life:
3) His mother
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Mosley use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)