|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates tell Petis he will do to him if he does not leave the neighborhood?
2. What kind of clothes does Wilfred say he dresses up in?
3. What is the girl's name?
4. What does Socrates tell Darryl man can get sick on?
5. What does Right think they should do to Petis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Socrates say he thinks about killing?
2. Why did Corina and Howard argue?
3. What is the dream that Darryl keeps on having?
4. Why does Socrate's visit Iula's on Tuesdays?
5. How does Socrates criticize Howard?
6. How do the men's views differ on how to deal with Petis?
7. How does Socrates view Darryl?
8. What is Socrates' reason for walking home instead of taking the bus?
9. What does Socrates think of the Bounty Supermarket?
10. Why does Socrates decide against fighting Ralphie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Mosley's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Essay Topic 2
What events in Socrates' early life influenced him to lead a life of violence? How different would Socrates' life have been if she was from a more secure background?
Essay Topic 3
Aside from the main character, examine the way Mosley uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)