|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Socrates say Corina belongs to as long as Howard is not at home?
2. What does Socrates tell Ms Grimes he does not have at home?
3. Who does Socrates want to make the streets safe for?
4. What is the name of the supermarket Socrates goes to for a job?
5. What does Socrates think that Ralphie views him as?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Corina and Howard argue?
2. What does Stony think about Socrates' leaving the question on the application about felonies blank?
3. Why does Socrates think that Howard should be angry at what he said to Corina about him?
4. How did Socrates kill Shep and Muriel?
5. How does Socrates view Darryl?
6. Why does Socrates think that going to the police is not an option?
7. Why does Darryl think it would be a good idea to join a gang?
8. Why does Ralphie anger Socrates?
9. How do the men's views differ on how to deal with Petis?
10. What are Socrates and his friends discussing in his house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1990s? How does Mosley express these concerns?
2) How would Mosley change the novel if it were set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Mosley's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Essay Topic 3
Aside from the main character, examine the way Mosley uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)