|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Right think they should do to Petis?
2. What is the name of the supermarket Socrates goes to for a job?
3. Who are the police keeping an eye on?
4. Who does Socrates say lives in the dark house opposite?
5. What kind of alcohol do Socrates and Howard drink?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the men's views differ on how to deal with Petis?
2. Why did Corina and Howard argue?
3. What does Stony think about Socrates' leaving the question on the application about felonies blank?
4. How did Socrates kill Shep and Muriel?
5. What does Socrates say he thinks about killing?
6. What is Socrates' reason for walking home instead of taking the bus?
7. Why does Socrates think that going to the police is not an option?
8. Why does Iula frighten Socrates?
9. What does Socrates think the abandoned shop used to be?
10. What is Wilfred's job?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a 500-word essay revolving around one of the following statements:
1) Socrates proves that on such occasions violence is right.
2) Socrates protects Darryl because he sees a bit of himself in him.
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Mosley use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Socrates make a good leader? How has he developed his leadership skills over the years? Why do the men trust Socrates judgment more than their own?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)