Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates feel the urge to do as he watches Darryl eat?
2. What kind of table does Socrates use for dining?
3. What is the woman's name?
4. What is Darryl holding?
5. Who does Stony think they should tell about Petis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Clyde in prison?
2. How does Socrates stop Philip and his two friends from hurting Darryl?
3. How did the bookshop change Socrates?
4. How does Socrates talk Right out of killing himself with a gun?
5. What does Socrates do with the reward money?
6. Why does Ralphie anger Socrates?
7. Why can Socrates not wave goodbye to Right?
8. Why does Iula frighten Socrates?
9. Why did Socrates break the driver's nose?
10. Why did Corina and Howard argue?
Essay Topic 1
Mosley writes ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, ALWAYS OUTGUNNED in the third person. Why do you think Mosley chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if Mosley wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1990s? How does Mosley express these concerns?
2) How would Mosley change the novel if it were set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
What events in Socrates' early life influenced him to lead a life of violence? How different would Socrates' life have been if she was from a more secure background?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)