|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates feel the urge to do as he watches Darryl eat?
2. What kind of table does Socrates use for dining?
3. What is the woman's name?
4. What is Darryl holding?
5. Who does Stony think they should tell about Petis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Clyde in prison?
2. How does Socrates stop Philip and his two friends from hurting Darryl?
3. How did the bookshop change Socrates?
4. How does Socrates talk Right out of killing himself with a gun?
5. What does Socrates do with the reward money?
6. Why does Ralphie anger Socrates?
7. Why can Socrates not wave goodbye to Right?
8. Why does Iula frighten Socrates?
9. Why did Socrates break the driver's nose?
10. Why did Corina and Howard argue?
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the novel and discuss the goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1990s? How does Mosley express these concerns?
2) How would Mosley change the novel if it were set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Socrates' character across the whole series.
1) How does Mosley develop Socrates' character across the whole series?
2) What new elements does ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, ALWAYS OUTGUNNED add to Socrates' character?
This section contains 1,249 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)