|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Socrates think Darryl can no longer stay with him?
(a) Darryl needs more
(b) He cannot afford it
(c) It is not safe
(d) He does not like Darryl
2. Who wakes Socrates up from his dream?
(c) His mother
3. Who does Socrates decide has posted himself as leader?
4. Who does RIght tell Charla he is going south to visit?
(a) His employees
(b) His boss
(c) His friends
(d) His family
5. What does Philip threaten Darryl and Socrates with?
(a) A gun
(b) A knife
(c) A baseball bat
(d) An ax
Short Answer Questions
1. What color did Socrates' aunt say God was?
2. What does Socrates see Charles collect around Watts?
3. What does the billboard fall on top of?
4. Who does Darryl say kills him in his dream?
5. What is the name of the house Socrates checks for Theresa's letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Socrates talk Right out of killing himself with a gun?
2. How does this chapter show that sometimes violence is necessary?
3. How does Darryl react when Socrates takes him to live with the MacDaniels?
4. Why does the ocean remind Socrates of his aunt?
5. Why does Socrates blame businessmen for corruption?
6. Summarize the novel.
7. Why does Socrates stay at home during the riots?
8. How does Socrates' boss react when he arrives back at work?
9. What does Socrates tell Shreve in the cafe?
10. What do Socrates and Right do at Dilley's
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)