|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ladder does Charles say him and Socrates are at the bottom of?
(a) White man's ladder
(b) Europe's ladder
(c) Black man's ladder
(d) Jacob's letter
2. Who does Socrates want Darryl to confront?
3. Who stops Socrates on the way back from dinner?
(a) The FBI
(b) The police
(c) A thief
4. Who does Socrates meet at the riots?
5. What is the name of the house Socrates checks for Theresa's letter?
(a) Sylvia Marquette's
(b) Winnie Seilor's
(c) Jack Hobbs'
(d) Johnny Dubois'
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates bury with the remainder of the money?
2. What does Socrates do in his dream when his mother caresses his head?
3. Who does Darryl wish he was like?
4. What does Darryl feed Socrates?
5. What do Sally and Socrates eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can Socrates not wave goodbye to Right?
2. What does Socrates dream about his mother at the end of the chapter?
3. What does Bruce tell Socrates he would do if he knew a man that had murdered two people?
4. What do Socrates and Right do at Dilley's
5. What does Theresa's mother say in her letter to Socrates?
6. How does Socrates' boss react when he arrives back at work?
7. What does Socrates tell Shreve in the cafe?
8. How does Socrates help Roland when he is dying?
9. What does Socrates do with the reward money?
10. What does Socrates think about the dog paw prints around him when he wakes up on the beach?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)