|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the bus driver think that black people are always doing?
(a) Standing still
2. Who moves in with Socrates in this chapter?
3. What would Bruce do if he knew someone who killed two people?
(a) Call the police
(b) Tell his parents
(c) Seek revenge
(d) Call Socrates
4. Who does Folger say is trying to steal everything?
(a) The Chinese
(b) The Koreans
(c) The whites
(d) The Jews
5. Who does Socrates want Darryl to confront?
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Charles' body did Socrates break?
2. Where is Socrates when the police arrest him?
3. What do Sally and Socrates eat?
4. What does Socrates bury with the remainder of the money?
5. Who agrees to take Darryl in their home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does this chapter show that sometimes violence is necessary?
2. Why does Socrates stay at home during the riots?
3. What does the bus driver tell Socrates about the lives of colored people?
4. What does Socrates tell Shreve in the cafe?
5. What does Socrates tell Theresa in his letter to her?
6. How does Darryl react when Socrates takes him to live with the MacDaniels?
7. Why does Socrates think that Ponzelle started the fire?
8. What does Socrates dream about his mother at the end of the chapter?
9. Summarize the novel.
10. Why is Socrates concerned about his job?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)