|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of help does Socrates think he may need?
(b) Household help
(c) Psychiatric help
(d) Medical help
2. What kind of store does Socrates say changed him?
(a) A sex store
(b) A music store
(c) A bookstore
(d) A comic book store
3. What kind of house did Socrates' mother used to live in?
(a) A mansion
(b) A brown stone
(c) A farmhouse
(d) A shack
4. Why can't Socrates wave goodbye to Right?
(a) The bus is too crowded
(b) He can't bear to see him
(c) People are watching him
(d) He is crying too much
5. What does Hogan own?
(a) A snooker room
(b) A baseball park
(c) A casino
(d) A pool room
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates think is the only reason he is not dead or still in prison?
2. What ladder does Charles say him and Socrates are at the bottom of?
3. What kind of cafe does Socrates go to?
4. What part of Philip's body does Darryl manage to hit?
5. What does Socrates see Charles collect around Watts?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Darryl react when Socrates takes him to live with the MacDaniels?
2. What does Right tell Socrates at the bus stop?
3. How does Socrates stop Philip and his two friends from hurting Darryl?
4. How does this chapter show that sometimes violence is necessary?
5. Summarize the novel.
6. How does Socrates' boss react when he arrives back at work?
7. What does Theresa's mother say in her letter to Socrates?
8. Why did Socrates break the driver's nose?
9. What does Socrates have to do in return for no jail time?
10. What does Socrates think about the dog paw prints around him when he wakes up on the beach?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)