|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Socrates take a bus to in this chapter?
(a) Santa Monica
(b) San Francisco
(c) Los Angeles
(d) New York
2. What do Sally and Socrates eat?
3. What would Bruce do if he knew someone who killed two people?
(a) Call Socrates
(b) Call the police
(c) Seek revenge
(d) Tell his parents
4. What kind of cop is Kenneth Shreve?
(a) A bent cop
(b) A black cop
(c) A white cop
(d) A good cop
5. What does Socrates read Roland?
(a) The dictionary
(b) Richard Wright
(c) The Bible
(d) The Koran
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the gulls on the beach peck at?
2. Why does Socrates want to work more shifts at work?
3. What does Socrates give himself at the end of each day?
4. What does Socrates want to buy from Blackbird?
5. What ladder does Charles say him and Socrates are at the bottom of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Socrates think that Ponzelle started the fire?
2. Summarize the novel.
3. How did the bookshop change Socrates?
4. What does Socrates have to do in return for no jail time?
5. How does Socrates help Roland when he is dying?
6. What does Socrates tell Shreve in the cafe?
7. What does Right tell Socrates at the bus stop?
8. Why can Socrates not wave goodbye to Right?
9. What does Socrates do with the reward money?
10. How does Socrates' boss react when he arrives back at work?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)