|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who agrees to take Darryl in their home?
(a) The Smiths
(b) The MacDaniels
(c) The McCluskeys
(d) The Sarkeys
2. Who invites Socrates over for dinner?
(b) Howard and Connie
(c) Oscar and his wife
3. Where does Socrates leave Right to die?
(a) A parking lot
(b) A park
(c) An abandoned house
(d) A bus stop
4. What part of Philip's body does Darryl manage to hit?
(a) His chest
(b) His stomach
(c) His nose
(d) His chin
5. Who does Socrates write a letter to?
(a) Sol Epstein
(c) His mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Right giving most of his money to?
2. What ladder does Charles say him and Socrates are at the bottom of?
3. What does the bus driver think that black people are always doing?
4. Who does Darryl wish he was like?
5. Who appears in Socrates' dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Roland not like Socrates?
2. What do Socrates and Right do at Dilley's
3. How does this chapter show that sometimes violence is necessary?
4. What does Socrates have to do in return for no jail time?
5. Summarize the novel.
6. How did the bookshop change Socrates?
7. How does Socrates help Roland when he is dying?
8. How does Socrates build up Darryl's confidence after the fight with Philip?
9. Why does the ocean remind Socrates of his aunt?
10. What does Bruce tell Socrates he would do if he knew a man that had murdered two people?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)