|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Folger say is trying to steal everything?
(a) The Jews
(b) The Chinese
(c) The whites
(d) The Koreans
2. Why can't Socrates wave goodbye to Right?
(a) He is crying too much
(b) The bus is too crowded
(c) People are watching him
(d) He can't bear to see him
3. Who does RIght tell Charla he is going south to visit?
(a) His friends
(b) His employees
(c) His family
(d) His boss
4. What reminds Socrates of his aunt?
(a) The beach
(b) The ocean
(c) The old houses
(d) The busy street
5. Who does Socrates write a letter to?
(c) Sol Epstein
(d) His mother
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Charles' body did Socrates break?
2. Where is Socrates when the police arrest him?
3. What is the name of the house Socrates checks for Theresa's letter?
4. What is the name of Socrates' boss?
5. Who replies to Socrates' letter to Theresa?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Socrates stop Philip and his two friends from hurting Darryl?
2. How does Socrates build up Darryl's confidence after the fight with Philip?
3. Why can Socrates not wave goodbye to Right?
4. What does Right tell Socrates at the bus stop?
5. Why is Socrates concerned about his job?
6. How did the bookshop change Socrates?
7. How does Socrates help Roland when he is dying?
8. How does Darryl react when Socrates takes him to live with the MacDaniels?
9. Why does the ocean remind Socrates of his aunt?
10. Summarize the novel.
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)