|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Burke want Socrates to get for him?
(a) A gun
2. What is the name of Socrates' boss?
(a) Dave Smith
(b) Sol Epstein
(c) Joe Regal
(d) Warren Docker
3. What kind of cop is Kenneth Shreve?
(a) A bent cop
(b) A white cop
(c) A black cop
(d) A good cop
4. What part of Philip's body does Darryl manage to hit?
(a) His chin
(b) His nose
(c) His chest
(d) His stomach
5. Who does Socrates say kept most of the reward money?
(b) The cops
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Socrates meet at the riots?
2. What kind of help does Socrates think he may need?
3. What does Right say he is afraid of?
4. How is Folger related to Stony Wile?
5. Where is Socrates when the police arrest him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Socrates talk Right out of killing himself with a gun?
2. Why does the ocean remind Socrates of his aunt?
3. Why does Roland not like Socrates?
4. Why does Socrates blame businessmen for corruption?
5. How does Socrates' boss react when he arrives back at work?
6. What does the bus driver tell Socrates about the lives of colored people?
7. Why does Socrates stay at home during the riots?
8. What does Socrates dream about his mother at the end of the chapter?
9. How does this chapter show that sometimes violence is necessary?
10. What does Socrates tell Shreve in the cafe?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)