|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stops Socrates on the way back from dinner?
(b) The FBI
(c) A thief
(d) The police
2. Who does Folger say is trying to steal everything?
(a) The Jews
(b) The Chinese
(c) The Koreans
(d) The whites
3. Where does Socrates leave Right to die?
(a) A parking lot
(b) A park
(c) A bus stop
(d) An abandoned house
4. Who wakes Socrates up from his dream?
(b) His mother
5. Who does Socrates write a letter to?
(b) His mother
(d) Sol Epstein
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the gulls on the beach peck at?
2. Who puts out the $100 bill?
3. What is Burke dying of?
4. Who has Socrates been unable to call because of his illness?
5. What does Darryl feed Socrates?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Socrates tell Theresa in his letter to her?
2. What does Socrates dream about his mother at the end of the chapter?
3. What does the bus driver tell Socrates about the lives of colored people?
4. How does Socrates help Roland when he is dying?
5. Why can Socrates not wave goodbye to Right?
6. How does Socrates talk Right out of killing himself with a gun?
7. How did the bookshop change Socrates?
8. Why does the ocean remind Socrates of his aunt?
9. Summarize the novel.
10. What does Bruce tell Socrates he would do if he knew a man that had murdered two people?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)