|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates want to buy from Blackbird?
2. What does Benny tell the guard Socrates was showing Peters?
(a) A photo
(b) A book
(c) A move
(d) A trick
3. What does Socrates watch on his television?
(a) The Iraq War
(b) The riots
(d) The elections
4. What kind of cop is Kenneth Shreve?
(a) A white cop
(b) A black cop
(c) A good cop
(d) A bent cop
5. What kind of cafe does Socrates go to?
(a) A white cafe
(b) A musician cafe
(c) A gangster cafe
(d) A cop cafe
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Darryl wish he was like?
2. Who does Socrates want Darryl to confront?
3. Why did Charles Rinnett do to Socrates?
4. Where is Socrates when the police arrest him?
5. Where did Socrates move to after prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Socrates' boss react when he arrives back at work?
2. Why can Socrates not wave goodbye to Right?
3. How does this chapter show that sometimes violence is necessary?
4. How does Socrates build up Darryl's confidence after the fight with Philip?
5. What does Socrates dream about his mother at the end of the chapter?
6. What does Bruce tell Socrates he would do if he knew a man that had murdered two people?
7. Why does Socrates think that Ponzelle started the fire?
8. Why does Socrates blame businessmen for corruption?
9. What does Socrates have to do in return for no jail time?
10. Why does Roland not like Socrates?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)