|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Shep's girlfriend?
2. What is the man's name?
3. Which of Socrates' friends live in the rooming house?
4. What does Iula serve on a Tuesday?
(a) Fried chicken
(b) Biscuits and gravy
(c) Liver and bacon pie
5. What does Socrates give Darryl when he returns the next day?
(a) A key
(b) A knife
(c) A ring
(d) A gun
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the diner Socrates visits?
2. Who does Socrates say lives in the dark house opposite?
3. What is the main character's first name?
4. What color dress and hat is the woman in the picture wearing?
5. What does Socrates view Darryl as?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Socrates want to talk to Petis?
2. What happened to Clyde in prison?
3. How does Socrates criticize Howard?
4. What does Socrates say he thinks about killing?
5. How did Socrates kill Shep and Muriel?
6. What does Socrates dream about in this chapter?
7. Why did Corina and Howard argue?
8. What are Socrates and his friends discussing in his house?
9. What is the dream that Darryl keeps on having?
10. What does Socrates think the abandoned shop used to be?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)