|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the police keeping an eye on?
(a) The rooming house
(b) Drug dealers
(c) The Young Africans
(d) The crack house
2. Who does Stony think they should tell about Petis?
(a) The whole neighborhood
(b) Petis' parents
(c) The FBI
(d) The police
3. How has Howard's life changed for the better?
(a) He has a new car
(b) He has enrolled at college
(c) He has signed on the dole
(d) He has a job
4. What is the main character's first name?
5. Where was Clyde sent to after the incident?
(a) A chain gang
(b) A mental institute
(c) A work farm
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates say is much better than pride?
2. What does Socrates give the Shakur family as a gift?
3. What does Socrates ask Anton for to complete his application?
4. What has Socrates already stitched up?
5. What is the couple doing across the street?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Socrates dream about in this chapter?
2. Where does Socrates find Billy?
3. What does Socrates think of the Bounty Supermarket?
4. What does Socrates think the abandoned shop used to be?
5. How do the men's views differ on how to deal with Petis?
6. Why does Socrates go out into the alleyway?
7. Why does Socrates think that Howard should be angry at what he said to Corina about him?
8. Why does Socrates not like collecting bottles and cans?
9. Why does Socrate's visit Iula's on Tuesdays?
10. Why does Darryl think it would be a good idea to join a gang?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)