|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates do in his dream when his mother caresses his head?
(a) Falls asleep
(d) Shoots a pig
2. What kind of alcohol do Gordo and Delia offer Socrates?
3. What reminds Socrates of his aunt?
(a) The busy street
(b) The beach
(c) The ocean
(d) The old houses
4. Why does Socrates want to work more shifts at work?
(a) To exhaust him
(b) To keep his mind from Theresa
(c) To earn more money
(d) To flirt with a girl
5. Who wakes Socrates up from his dream?
(a) His mother
6. Who replies to Socrates' letter to Theresa?
(a) Her mother
(b) Her sister
(c) Her husband
(d) Her father
7. What kind of help does Socrates think he may need?
(a) Household help
(b) Medical help
(d) Psychiatric help
8. Who does Darryl wish he was like?
9. What does Darryl feed Socrates?
10. What is the name of the man who owns the bookstore?
11. What is Socrates found guilty of?
(c) Attempted murder
12. What does Socrates read Roland?
(a) The Bible
(b) The dictionary
(c) Richard Wright
(d) The Koran
13. What does Socrates bury with the remainder of the money?
(a) A photograph of his mother
(b) A bible
(c) A short story
(d) Ponzelle's diary
14. What is Burke dying of?
(b) The measles
(c) Old age
15. Where did Socrates move to after prison?
(d) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. What ladder does Charles say him and Socrates are at the bottom of?
2. What does Burke want Socrates to get for him?
3. What do Sally and Socrates eat?
4. What does the bus driver think that black people are always doing?
5. Who does Socrates decide has posted himself as leader?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)