|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Socrates try to kill Peters?
(a) He hits him
(b) He chokes him
(c) He stabs him
(d) He shoots him
2. What ladder does Charles say him and Socrates are at the bottom of?
(a) White man's ladder
(b) Europe's ladder
(c) Black man's ladder
(d) Jacob's letter
3. Who does Socrates want Darryl to confront?
4. What does Socrates want to buy from Blackbird?
5. Why does Socrates think Darryl can no longer stay with him?
(a) Darryl needs more
(b) He does not like Darryl
(c) He cannot afford it
(d) It is not safe
6. What does Philip threaten Darryl and Socrates with?
(a) A knife
(b) A gun
(c) A baseball bat
(d) An ax
7. What do the gulls on the beach peck at?
(a) A dead chicken
(b) A dead gull
(c) A dead dog
(d) A dead human
8. What was the name of Sally's dog?
9. What kind of cop is Kenneth Shreve?
(a) A bent cop
(b) A white cop
(c) A black cop
(d) A good cop
10. What kind of alcohol do Gordo and Delia offer Socrates?
11. Who does Socrates decide has posted himself as leader?
12. Who moves in with Socrates in this chapter?
13. Who puts out the $100 bill?
14. What does the billboard fall on top of?
(a) Socrates' house
(b) A bookstore
(c) A brothel
(d) A supermarket
15. Who does Socrates say he used to treat badly?
(b) His parents
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops Socrates on the way back from dinner?
2. What kind of help does Socrates think he may need?
3. What does Hogan own?
4. What does Socrates give himself at the end of each day?
5. What does Oscar tell Socrates he is?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)