|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Philip's body does Darryl manage to hit?
(a) His stomach
(b) His chest
(c) His chin
(d) His nose
2. Who does Socrates meet at the riots?
3. How is Folger related to Stony Wile?
(b) Half brother
4. What does Folger give Socrates a long lecture about?
(a) The faults of the LAPD
(c) The LA riots
(d) Socrates life
5. What reminds Socrates of his aunt?
(a) The beach
(b) The busy street
(c) The old houses
(d) The ocean
6. Who does Folger say is trying to steal everything?
(a) The Jews
(b) The Koreans
(c) The whites
(d) The Chinese
7. What does Benny tell the guard Socrates was showing Peters?
(a) A move
(b) A photo
(c) A trick
(d) A book
8. Why does Socrates want to work more shifts at work?
(a) To flirt with a girl
(b) To earn more money
(c) To exhaust him
(d) To keep his mind from Theresa
9. What do the gulls on the beach peck at?
(a) A dead chicken
(b) A dead gull
(c) A dead human
(d) A dead dog
10. What does Socrates read Roland?
(a) The Bible
(b) Richard Wright
(c) The dictionary
(d) The Koran
11. What does Socrates want to buy from Blackbird?
12. What does Socrates try to set alight?
(a) A tea bag
(b) A napkin
(c) A $100 bill
(d) A bible
13. What does Socrates watch on his television?
(a) The elections
(b) The Iraq War
(d) The riots
14. Who has Socrates been unable to call because of his illness?
(a) His girlfriend
(c) Iula's Diner
(d) His job
15. How does Socrates try to kill Peters?
(a) He shoots him
(b) He hits him
(c) He stabs him
(d) He chokes him
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates think is the only reason he is not dead or still in prison?
2. Who replies to Socrates' letter to Theresa?
3. What does Socrates see Charles collect around Watts?
4. Where does Socrates leave Right to die?
5. Who agrees to take Darryl in their home?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)