|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Socrates say he used to treat badly?
(d) His parents
2. What does Socrates think is the only reason he is not dead or still in prison?
(a) He killed his own people
(b) He has something to offer
(c) God has protected him
(d) He has to repay his debts
3. What does Socrates watch on his television?
(a) The elections
(c) The riots
(d) The Iraq War
4. What ladder does Charles say him and Socrates are at the bottom of?
(a) White man's ladder
(b) Europe's ladder
(c) Black man's ladder
(d) Jacob's letter
5. Who does Socrates write a letter to?
(a) His mother
(c) Sol Epstein
6. Who does Socrates want Darryl to confront?
7. What does Shreve think Socrates is after?
(a) Reward money
8. What do the gulls on the beach peck at?
(a) A dead dog
(b) A dead chicken
(c) A dead human
(d) A dead gull
9. Why can't Socrates wave goodbye to Right?
(a) He can't bear to see him
(b) The bus is too crowded
(c) He is crying too much
(d) People are watching him
10. What kind of cop is Kenneth Shreve?
(a) A black cop
(b) A good cop
(c) A bent cop
(d) A white cop
11. What does Hogan own?
(a) A casino
(b) A pool room
(c) A snooker room
(d) A baseball park
12. What is the name of the company Socrates rings to inquire about Theresa?
13. Who invites Socrates over for dinner?
(a) Oscar and his wife
(c) Howard and Connie
14. What is the name of the house Socrates checks for Theresa's letter?
(a) Johnny Dubois'
(b) Jack Hobbs'
(c) Sylvia Marquette's
(d) Winnie Seilor's
15. What does Socrates see Charles collect around Watts?
(a) Bottles and cans
(b) Drift wood
(c) Cigerette butts
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates do in his dream when his mother caresses his head?
2. What does Darryl feed Socrates?
3. Who does Darryl wish he was like?
4. Why did Charles Rinnett do to Socrates?
5. Who does Socrates dream of in this chapter?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)