|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates agree to talk to young children about?
(d) His life
2. Where do the bus driver's children live?
(a) New York
(d) San Francisco
3. Who does Socrates write a letter to?
(a) Sol Epstein
(c) His mother
4. What is the name of Socrates' boss?
(a) Sol Epstein
(b) Warren Docker
(c) Joe Regal
(d) Dave Smith
5. How is Folger related to Stony Wile?
(b) Half brother
6. What is Burke dying of?
(a) Old age
(d) The measles
7. What does Right say he is afraid of?
8. What ladder does Charles say him and Socrates are at the bottom of?
(a) Black man's ladder
(b) Europe's ladder
(c) Jacob's letter
(d) White man's ladder
9. Who does Socrates say he used to treat badly?
(b) His parents
10. What does Philip threaten Darryl and Socrates with?
(a) A gun
(b) A knife
(c) A baseball bat
(d) An ax
11. Which of the following people are also regulars at the bookstore?
(a) Howard Searle
(b) Lottie Davis
(c) Roland Winters
(d) Fred Jackson
12. What does Socrates give Right to eat?
13. What did the man hit with his car?
(a) An old woman
(b) A child
(c) A cat
(d) A dog
14. What would Bruce do if he knew someone who killed two people?
(a) Seek revenge
(b) Tell his parents
(c) Call Socrates
(d) Call the police
15. Who does Socrates decide has posted himself as leader?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who replies to Socrates' letter to Theresa?
2. Who is Right giving most of his money to?
3. Who agrees to take Darryl in their home?
4. What kind of house did Socrates' mother used to live in?
5. What kind of cop is Kenneth Shreve?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)