|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates agree to talk to young children about?
(a) His life
2. Who has Socrates been unable to call because of his illness?
(a) His girlfriend
(c) His job
(d) Iula's Diner
3. What do the gulls on the beach peck at?
(a) A dead gull
(b) A dead dog
(c) A dead human
(d) A dead chicken
4. What is the name of Socrates' boss?
(a) Dave Smith
(b) Warren Docker
(c) Sol Epstein
(d) Joe Regal
5. What does Shreve think Socrates is after?
(d) Reward money
6. What kind of alcohol do Gordo and Delia offer Socrates?
7. What is Chala's job?
(b) Bar manager
(d) Drug dealer
8. What is the name of the man who owns the bookstore?
9. What does Hogan own?
(a) A snooker room
(b) A pool room
(c) A baseball park
(d) A casino
10. Who agrees to take Darryl in their home?
(a) The MacDaniels
(b) The McCluskeys
(c) The Smiths
(d) The Sarkeys
11. What color did Socrates' aunt say God was?
12. Who dies when Sally was 12?
(a) Her mother
(b) Her twin brother
(c) Her twin sister
(d) Her father
13. Who stops Socrates on the way back from dinner?
(b) The police
(c) The FBI
(d) A thief
14. Who appears in Socrates' dream?
(a) His brother
(d) His mother
15. Who does Socrates meet at the riots?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which part of the driver's body did Socrates break?
2. What does Socrates think is the only reason he is not dead or still in prison?
3. Where is Socrates when the police arrest him?
4. What kind of help does Socrates think he may need?
5. Where do the bus driver's children live?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)