|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following people are also regulars at the bookstore?
(a) Roland Winters
(b) Howard Searle
(c) Fred Jackson
(d) Lottie Davis
2. What is the name of Socrates' boss?
(a) Dave Smith
(b) Warren Docker
(c) Joe Regal
(d) Sol Epstein
3. Who has Socrates been unable to call because of his illness?
(b) His girlfriend
(c) His job
(d) Iula's Diner
4. What does Socrates think is the only reason he is not dead or still in prison?
(a) He has to repay his debts
(b) He killed his own people
(c) God has protected him
(d) He has something to offer
5. Who does Socrates write a letter to?
(a) His mother
(d) Sol Epstein
6. Where is Socrates when the police arrest him?
(a) A veterinarian's office
(b) His mother's house
(c) A doctor's office
(d) At home
7. What does Darryl feed Socrates?
8. Why does Socrates want to work more shifts at work?
(a) To exhaust him
(b) To flirt with a girl
(c) To earn more money
(d) To keep his mind from Theresa
9. What kind of cop is Kenneth Shreve?
(a) A good cop
(b) A bent cop
(c) A white cop
(d) A black cop
10. Who dies when Sally was 12?
(a) Her mother
(b) Her twin brother
(c) Her father
(d) Her twin sister
11. What does the bus driver think that black people are always doing?
(d) Standing still
12. Who does Socrates decide has posted himself as leader?
13. Who puts out the $100 bill?
14. Why can't Socrates wave goodbye to Right?
(a) The bus is too crowded
(b) He is crying too much
(c) He can't bear to see him
(d) People are watching him
15. What would Bruce do if he knew someone who killed two people?
(a) Tell his parents
(b) Seek revenge
(c) Call Socrates
(d) Call the police
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of store does Socrates say changed him?
2. What is Chala's job?
3. Who does Folger say is trying to steal everything?
4. Why did Charles Rinnett do to Socrates?
5. Who moves in with Socrates in this chapter?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)