|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Socrates when the police arrest him?
(a) A doctor's office
(b) His mother's house
(c) At home
(d) A veterinarian's office
2. What do the gulls on the beach peck at?
(a) A dead chicken
(b) A dead dog
(c) A dead gull
(d) A dead human
3. Where do the bus driver's children live?
(c) New York
(d) San Francisco
4. Why did Charles Rinnett do to Socrates?
(a) Gave him a book
(b) Spat at him
(c) Gave him money
(d) Degraded him
5. What kind of house did Socrates' mother used to live in?
(a) A farmhouse
(b) A shack
(c) A brown stone
(d) A mansion
6. Who appears in Socrates' dream?
(a) His brother
(d) His mother
7. What does the billboard fall on top of?
(a) A bookstore
(b) A brothel
(c) Socrates' house
(d) A supermarket
8. What is Burke dying of?
(a) Old age
(b) The measles
9. Who does Socrates dream of in this chapter?
(b) His father
(d) His mother
10. What kind of cafe does Socrates go to?
(a) A gangster cafe
(b) A cop cafe
(c) A white cafe
(d) A musician cafe
11. Who wakes Socrates up from his dream?
(c) His mother
12. Why does Socrates want to work more shifts at work?
(a) To earn more money
(b) To exhaust him
(c) To flirt with a girl
(d) To keep his mind from Theresa
13. What does Socrates want to buy from Blackbird?
14. What is Chala's job?
(b) Bar manager
(d) Drug dealer
15. What do Sally and Socrates eat?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of store does Socrates say changed him?
2. What does Burke want Socrates to get for him?
3. What is the name of the house Socrates checks for Theresa's letter?
4. What is the name of the company Socrates rings to inquire about Theresa?
5. Who stops Socrates on the way back from dinner?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)