|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who owns the bookstore?
2. What does Socrates bury with the remainder of the money?
(a) A short story
(b) Ponzelle's diary
(c) A photograph of his mother
(d) A bible
3. Who does Socrates want Darryl to confront?
4. What do the gulls on the beach peck at?
(a) A dead human
(b) A dead chicken
(c) A dead dog
(d) A dead gull
5. What part of Charles' body did Socrates break?
(a) His arm
(b) His nose
(c) His leg
(d) His knee
6. What does Socrates try to set alight?
(a) A $100 bill
(b) A tea bag
(c) A napkin
(d) A bible
7. Who puts out the $100 bill?
8. What does Right say he is not afraid of?
9. What does Benny tell the guard Socrates was showing Peters?
(a) A book
(b) A trick
(c) A move
(d) A photo
10. Who does Darryl wish he was like?
11. What does Socrates do in his dream when his mother caresses his head?
(c) Shoots a pig
(d) Falls asleep
12. How is Folger related to Stony Wile?
(b) Half brother
13. What does Socrates agree to talk to young children about?
(d) His life
14. Where is Socrates when the police arrest him?
(a) A doctor's office
(b) At home
(c) His mother's house
(d) A veterinarian's office
15. Who agrees to take Darryl in their home?
(a) The Sarkeys
(b) The McCluskeys
(c) The MacDaniels
(d) The Smiths
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oscar tell Socrates he is?
2. What does the bus driver think that black people are always doing?
3. What ladder does Charles say him and Socrates are at the bottom of?
4. What does Philip threaten Darryl and Socrates with?
5. What does Folger give Socrates a long lecture about?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)