|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iula tell Socrates he has no business doing?
(a) Getting into fights
(b) Coming in to her diner
(c) Talking to white folk
(d) Picking up bottles and cans
2. What does Socrates view Darryl as?
(a) An ugly child
(b) A sick child
(c) A psychotic child
(d) A troubled child
3. What is the main character's first name?
4. What is the name of the supermarket Socrates goes to for a job?
5. What is Wilfred's job?
(a) A thief
(b) A bartender
(c) A safecracker
(d) A taxman
6. What does Socrates give the Shakur family as a gift?
(a) A chair
(b) A photograph
(c) The table
(d) A coffee jar
7. What does Iula serve on a Tuesday?
(a) Fried chicken
(b) Biscuits and gravy
(d) Liver and bacon pie
8. Who are the police keeping an eye on?
(a) The Young Africans
(b) Drug dealers
(c) The crack house
(d) The rooming house
9. What is inside the cardboard box?
(a) A dead rooster
(b) A horse's head
(c) A gun
(d) A severed arm
10. Who comes out of a room when Corina leaves?
11. Why does Socrates think that going to the police is not an option?
(a) The police brutalize black men
(b) The police are too busy
(c) The police don't listen
(d) They are all wanted by the police
12. Who does Socrates say lives in the dark house opposite?
(a) Drug dealers
(b) Undercover police
13. What kind of knife does Daryll have?
(a) A butter knife
(b) A plastic knife
(c) A steak knife
(d) A cheese knife
14. How did Socrates stop Fitzroy from torturing Clyde?
(a) He bribed him
(b) He broke his legs
(c) He threatened him
(d) He killed him
15. What kind of vehicle drives down the alleyway and makes the tinware rattle?
(a) A motorbike
(b) A scooter
(c) A car
(d) A truck
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the girl's name?
2. What does Socrates give Wilfred money for?
3. What day does Socrates like to visit Iula's?
4. What does Socrates say they are not?
5. What is the man's name?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)