|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of alcohol do Socrates and Howard drink?
2. What is the main character's first name?
3. Why does Anton think Socrates will get a job?
(a) There are no openings
(b) He is too old
(c) He is an ex convict
(d) He is too pushy
4. Where was Clyde sent to after the incident?
(b) A mental institute
(c) A work farm
(d) A chain gang
5. Where does Iula offer Socrates a job?
(a) Her uncle's factory
(b) Her brother's farm
(c) Her house
(d) Her diner
6. What does Socrates give the Shakur family as a gift?
(a) A photograph
(b) A coffee jar
(c) The table
(d) A chair
7. What kind of bird is Billy?
(a) A robin
(b) A rooster
(c) A crow
(d) A pigeon
8. When does Socrates tell Darryl to return to his house?
(a) The following week
(b) The next day
(c) At the beginning of the month
9. What does Socrates view Darryl as?
(a) A troubled child
(b) An ugly child
(c) A psychotic child
(d) A sick child
10. What does Socrates carry home with him?
(a) A computer
(b) A chair
(c) A book
(d) A table
11. Who does Stony think they should tell about Petis?
(a) The whole neighborhood
(b) The police
(c) The FBI
(d) Petis' parents
12. What does Right think they should do to Petis?
(a) Talk to him
(b) Kill him
(c) Imprison him
(d) Torture him
13. What does Ralphie call Socrates?
(a) A niggah
(b) A turd
(c) A bum
(d) A convict
14. Why does Socrates think that going to the police is not an option?
(a) The police don't listen
(b) The police brutalize black men
(c) They are all wanted by the police
(d) The police are too busy
15. Who visits Socrates in this chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Socrates tell Crier it is illegal to discriminate against?
2. Who are the police keeping an eye on?
3. What color dress and hat is the woman in the picture wearing?
4. Who does Socrates invite for dinner?
5. What does Socrates ask Anton for to complete his application?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)