|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates ask Anton Crier for?
(a) Cat food
(b) An application form
(c) A pen and paper
(d) A delivery driver
2. What kind of alcohol do Socrates and Howard drink?
3. What do Darryl and Socrates drink from?
(a) Mayonnaise jars
4. What is Socrates waiting for in this chapter?
(a) A dealer
(b) A truck
(c) A train
(d) A bus
5. What has Socrates spread across his table?
(a) Printing paper
(b) Wrapping paper
(c) A napkin
(d) A newspaper
6. What does Socrates use for his seat?
(a) A trash can
(b) A cardboard box
(c) A coffee table
(d) An oil drum
7. Which of Socrates' friends live in the rooming house?
8. Who does Socrates want to make the streets safe for?
(b) Old people
(d) White people
9. Why does Socrates think that going to the police is not an option?
(a) The police brutalize black men
(b) They are all wanted by the police
(c) The police don't listen
(d) The police are too busy
10. What does Iula tell Socrates he has no business doing?
(a) Talking to white folk
(b) Picking up bottles and cans
(c) Getting into fights
(d) Coming in to her diner
11. What is the name of the diner Socrates visits?
12. What did Winnie see Petis do to LeRoy?
(a) Break his arm
(b) Rape him
(c) Stab and rob him
(d) Shoot him
13. Why is Corina worried about Howard?
(a) He has threatened to kill himself
(b) He wants to leave the country
(c) He has never stayed out all night before
(d) He has been talking to himself
14. What kind of vegetable does Socrates prepare to go with the rooster?
(a) Green beans
15. How does Socrates end up getting home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color dress and hat is the woman in the picture wearing?
2. What kind of suit does Wilfred say he likes to put on after he has robbed someone?
3. Who comes out of a room when Corina leaves?
4. What is Wilfred's job?
5. What is Socrates practicing to ask for?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)