|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates tell Petis he will do to him if he does not leave the neighborhood?
(a) Call the police
(b) Kill him
(c) Maim him
(d) Tortute him
2. Why was Socrates put in jail?
(a) He stole a gun
(b) He slaughtered a horse
(c) He killed a man and raped his wife
(d) He robbed a bank
3. What kind of table does Socrates use for dining?
(a) A chess table
(b) A coffee table
(c) A card table
(d) A poker table
4. What kind of clothes does Wilfred say he dresses up in?
(a) Cat clothes
(b) Sparky clothes
(c) Funky clothes
(d) Jazzy clothes
5. What kind of vegetable does Socrates prepare to go with the rooster?
(a) Green beans
6. Who are the police keeping an eye on?
(a) The crack house
(b) The Young Africans
(c) The rooming house
(d) Drug dealers
7. What is Anton Crier's position at the supermarket?
(a) Assistant manager
(b) Shelf stacker
8. Which of the following does Socrates tell Crier it is illegal to discriminate against?
(c) Hair cuts
9. What does Iula serve on a Tuesday?
(a) Biscuits and gravy
(b) Fried chicken
(d) Liver and bacon pie
10. What kind of bird is Billy?
(a) A robin
(b) A crow
(c) A rooster
(d) A pigeon
11. What is the name of Howard's daughter?
12. What does Muriel hit Socrates with?
(a) A table
(b) A bottle
(c) A plate
(d) A chair
13. What is the main character's first name?
14. What color dress and hat is the woman in the picture wearing?
15. What kind of alcohol do Socrates and Howard drink?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates ask Anton Crier for?
2. What does Socrates finish the chapter thinking about?
3. Why does Socrates become angry at Ralphie?
4. What is the only reason Socrates will hurt a man?
5. What street does Socrates say the real problem is on?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)