|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates feel the urge to do as he watches Darryl eat?
(a) Shake and slap him
(b) Shout at him
(c) Protect him
(d) Hold him
2. What does Iula tell Socrates he has no business doing?
(a) Getting into fights
(b) Talking to white folk
(c) Coming in to her diner
(d) Picking up bottles and cans
3. What does Socrates imagine the shop once was?
(a) A grocer's
(b) A music store
(c) A butcher's
(d) A bakery
4. What does Ralphie call Socrates?
(a) A niggah
(b) A bum
(c) A turd
(d) A convict
5. What is the couple doing across the street?
(d) Having sex
6. Where was Clyde sent to after the incident?
(a) A chain gang
(c) A mental institute
(d) A work farm
7. What do Darryl and Socrates drink from?
(c) Mayonnaise jars
8. Whose house does Socrates walk to a few days later?
(a) Darryl's house
(b) His mother's house
(c) The Shakur's house
(d) His father's house
9. What does Socrates give the Shakur family as a gift?
(a) A coffee jar
(b) The table
(c) A photograph
(d) A chair
10. What is the girl's name?
11. What does Socrates think that Ralphie views him as?
(a) A convict
(b) An alcoholic
(c) An idiot
(d) A bum
12. What was the name of Socrates' brutal inmate?
(a) Horror Jack
(b) Crazy Fitzroy
(c) Psycho Bill
(d) Corny Clyde
13. Who is the first man to leave the meeting?
14. What is Halley Grimes' position at the supermarket?
(c) Assistant manager
(d) Shelf stacker
15. What has Socrates spread across his table?
(a) Wrapping paper
(b) A newspaper
(c) Printing paper
(d) A napkin
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Socrates tell Crier it is illegal to discriminate against?
2. Who visits Socrates in this chapter?
3. What color dress and hat is the woman in the picture wearing?
4. Where does Iula offer Socrates a job?
5. What is the woman's name?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)