|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of alcohol do Socrates and Howard drink?
2. What kind of clothes does Wilfred say he dresses up in?
(a) Funky clothes
(b) Jazzy clothes
(c) Sparky clothes
(d) Cat clothes
3. What is Petis doing when he loses his life?
(a) Kissing his girlfriend
(b) Walking his dog
(c) Buying cigarettes
(d) Robbing a man
4. Who does Socrates want to make the streets safe for?
(a) White people
(c) Old people
5. What does Markham think they should do about the situation?
(a) Ignore it
(b) Teach Petis a lesson
(c) Kill Petis
(d) Go to the police
6. Who does Socrates invite for dinner?
(a) The Shakur family
(c) The Stony family
7. What part of his body does Socrates injure in a fight with three men?
(a) His foot
(b) His wrist
(c) His leg
(d) His chin
8. What kind of stare does Socrates think Darryl has?
(a) A convict's stare
(b) A poor boy's stare
(c) A junkie's stare
(d) An eagle's stare
9. Why does Socrates think that going to the police is not an option?
(a) The police brutalize black men
(b) The police are too busy
(c) The police don't listen
(d) They are all wanted by the police
10. What is Socrates waiting for in this chapter?
(a) A dealer
(b) A truck
(c) A bus
(d) A train
11. Why was Socrates put in jail?
(a) He robbed a bank
(b) He killed a man and raped his wife
(c) He slaughtered a horse
(d) He stole a gun
12. What does Socrates use for his seat?
(a) A trash can
(b) A coffee table
(c) An oil drum
(d) A cardboard box
13. Where was Clyde sent to after the incident?
(a) A chain gang
(b) A mental institute
(c) A work farm
14. What does Socrates say is much better than pride?
(a) Inner peace
(b) Children and a woman
(c) A job and security
(d) Love and freedom
15. What does Socrates force Darrryl to do with the bird?
(a) Drink its blood
(b) Pluck and cook it
(c) Eat it raw
(d) Pull it apart
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of table does Socrates use for dining?
2. What color dress and hat is the woman in the picture wearing?
3. What does Socrates carry home with him?
4. Who comes out of a room when Corina leaves?
5. What does Socrates think that Ralphie views him as?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)