|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates tell Petis he will do to him if he does not leave the neighborhood?
(a) Maim him
(b) Kill him
(c) Call the police
(d) Tortute him
2. What can Socrates not do in his dream?
(a) Laugh and talk
(b) Open his eyes
(c) Feel and talk
(d) Sleep and read
3. What is the couple standing under the ledge of?
(a) An apartment block
(b) Socrates house
(c) A movie theater
(d) An abandoned shop
4. Why does Socrates think that going to the police is not an option?
(a) The police brutalize black men
(b) They are all wanted by the police
(c) The police don't listen
(d) The police are too busy
5. Why does Anton think Socrates will get a job?
(a) He is too pushy
(b) There are no openings
(c) He is an ex convict
(d) He is too old
6. What does Socrates give Darryl when he returns the next day?
(a) A ring
(b) A key
(c) A gun
(d) A knife
7. What does Socrates view Darryl as?
(a) An ugly child
(b) A sick child
(c) A psychotic child
(d) A troubled child
8. Why does Socrates say Ralphie is a niggah?
(a) He has no job
(b) He cheated on his wife
(c) He has no money
(d) He steals from shops
9. Who of the following people is not at the meeting?
(a) Markham Peal
(b) Right Burke
(c) Darryl Jacobus
(d) Howard Shakur
10. In what state was Socrates' prison?
(b) New York
11. Who does Socrates invite for dinner?
(b) The Shakur family
(c) The Stony family
12. What is the couple doing across the street?
(b) Having sex
13. What day does Socrates like to visit Iula's?
14. In whose house does the meeting take place?
(a) Right Burke's
(b) Markham Peal's
(c) Stony Wile's
15. What does Iula tell Socrates he has no business doing?
(a) Coming in to her diner
(b) Picking up bottles and cans
(c) Talking to white folk
(d) Getting into fights
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Socrates stop Fitzroy from torturing Clyde?
2. Why is Corina worried about Howard?
3. What kind of alcohol do Socrates and Howard drink?
4. What is the name of Howard's daughter?
5. What does Corina want Howard to do?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)