|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after Nicole had left her parents’ house did she seek out the adoption agency that handled her adoption?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 2 years.
2. What circumstance made Nicole hesitant to look for her birth parents during high school?
(a) Her family moved a lot.
(b) Her parents had marital troubles.
(c) Her mother had a cancer scare.
(d) She fell in love with her first boyfriend.
3. What did Nicole say when a couple asked her if she ever felt like her parents were not her real parents?
(a) All the time.
4. What was Nicole devastated by, when Donna called to say she had contacted her birth family?
(a) That her parents may have wanted a boy.
(b) That her parents had given away another baby as well.
(c) That her parents were suspected of child abuse.
(d) That her parents were too poor to care for her.
5. What was Nicole doing when Donna called to say she had contacted her birth family?
(c) Folding baby clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Cindy when she came to America?
2. How did Nicole sign her letter to her mother?
3. When does Nicole say her parents’ story began?
4. What did the judge tell Nicole’s parents when he made the adoption official?
5. What was the subject of the class Nicole and Dan took together in college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of information did Nicole and Dan get about the pregnancy, and what kind of information did Nicole want?
2. What did Nicole find when she started to snoop around looking for clues about her adoption?
3. What does Nicole tell of her adoptive parents’ story?
4. How does Nicole describe her relationship with the idea of her birth parents?
5. What is the story Nicole Chung says she was told about her adoption?
6. How did Nicole feel about opening the question of her birth family?
7. Why did pregnancy lead Nicole to inquire into her birth family?
8. What ruse does Nicole employ when telling her mother that she is looking for her birth family?
9. How does Cindy characterize her relationship with her parents, when Nicole gets in touch with her?
10. How does Nicole say her parents decided to go forward with the adoption?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)