|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long before her visit did Cindy tell Nicole she was pregnant?
(a) A few weeks.
(b) A month.
(c) A week.
(d) A few days.
2. When did Nicole reach full term on her pregnancy?
(a) A week after her mother’s first call.
(b) A week after receiving Jessica’s first letter.
(c) A week after her father’s first call.
(d) A week after receiving Cindy’s letter.
3. What does Nicole say she has learned about the story that adoption is for the best?
(a) It is not reality.
(b) It is not meant for adults.
(c) It is mostly true.
(d) It is propaganda.
4. What did Cindy tell Nicole their father felt, when he was confronted with the story of the adoption?
(c) Eagerness to set things right.
5. Why does Nicole’s mother say she did not respond to Nicole’s birth mother when she reached out when Nicole was a child?
(a) She was scared.
(b) She was going through a hard time.
(c) She was suspicious.
(d) She was anxious.
6. Why does Nicole say she is always relieved when she meets other adoptees?
(a) They might know her family.
(b) They have all read the same books.
(c) They understand what it means.
(d) They have been to the same places she lived in.
7. What did Cindy say she was nervous about, when she got pregnant?
(a) Making time for child-rearing.
(b) The pain of birth.
(c) Ending up like her mother.
(d) Her child’s health
8. What does Nicole say everyone should understand about adoption?
(a) It is incomplete if the child cannot reconnect with family.
(b) It starts and ends with love.
(c) It is an injury in a social fabric.
(d) There is no end to it.
9. Who was the only person Cindy told about her second pregnancy?
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
10. What did Rick say Nicole’s fathers body language suggested?
(a) A justification.
(b) A defense.
(c) An apology.
(d) A gift.
11. What did Nicole tell her mother about her adoption?
(a) That she did not blame her.
(b) That it scarred her.
(c) That she stopped blaming her.
(d) That she wanted to find a good way to make peace with her.
12. What was Nicole’s reaction when she heard her mother’s voice for the first time?
(a) She sounded nothing like her.
(b) She was furious about her calm.
(c) She sounded exactly like her.
(d) She was flustered and unprepared to talk.
13. What was the opportunity Jessica saw in Nicole contacting the birth family?
(a) She might help them put the past behind them.
(b) They might purge some difficult traumas.
(c) She might return to her Korean roots.
(d) They might heal her mother.
14. What did Nicole fret about, in terms of a visit with Cindy?
(a) Cindy cutting her out of her life.
(b) Cindy criticizing her.
(c) Cindy disappointing her.
(d) Cindy hitting her up for money.
15. How many generations back could Nicole’s father trace his lineage from his generation?
(a) 17 generations.
(b) 10 generations.
(c) 7 generations.
(d) 19 generations.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Cindy’s pregnancy terminated?
2. What did Nicole imagine a relationship with her birth parents would look like?
3. How long after Cindy’s pregnancy ended did she travel to see Nicole?
4. What does Nicole say she was surprised by, in talking about her adoption with her mother, now that she had found her birth family?
5. How does Nicole describe the feeling that she and Cindy are finally sisters?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)