|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Pages 200-222.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did Nicole weigh when she was born?
(a) More than seven pounds.
(b) Between five and six pounds.
(c) Between six and seven pounds.
(d) Under five pounds.
2. Which term describes Nicole’s adoption?
(d) Bureaucratically complex.
3. Why does Nicole’s mother say she did not respond to Nicole’s birth mother when she reached out when Nicole was a child?
(a) She was anxious.
(b) She was going through a hard time.
(c) She was suspicious.
(d) She was scared.
4. What did Rick tell Nicole was a family trait Cindy, Nicole and their father had in common?
(a) A poor sense of time.
(b) A weird sense of humor.
(c) A poor sense of direction.
(d) A sharp sense of decency.
5. What did giving birth make Nicole wonder about, regarding her own birth?
(a) Whether her mother’s labor was hard.
(b) Whether she cried right away.
(c) Whether her father helped her mother with the birth.
(d) Whether her mother got to hold her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nicole say her parents saw her adoption?
2. What does Nicole say fueled her long correspondence with Cindy?
3. How did Cindy characterize her father’s temperament to Nicole in advance of his visit?
4. How does Nicole characterize the relationship she thought she would have with her birth parents?
5. What did Nicole fret about, in terms of a visit with Cindy?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)