|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Pages 88-110.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information did Nicole get along with the non-identifying information from the hospital she was born in?
(a) The name of the doctors who had taken care of her.
(b) A list of relatives in the U.S. and Korea.
(c) A map of the town her parents came from.
(d) A list of intermediaries who could contact her birth parents.
2. What degree was Dan studying for when Nicole got pregnant?
(a) A Ph.D.
(b) An MFA.
(c) An M.D.
(d) A J.D.
3. What does Nicole say Cindy would always hear a voice telling her, when she lived with her father after her parents divorced?
(a) She had a gift that had to be cultivated.
(b) She should never be too proud to ask for help.
(c) If she was not always excellent, she might be given up.
(d) Her family’s business did not concern other people.
4. What does Nicole say her mother was anxious about, in the story of a local boy who reconnected with his birth parents?
(a) That his birth family would made him feel terrible about himself.
(b) That he would reject them violently.
(c) That the experience of connection would agitate his mental problems.
(d) That they would make him question his loyalty to his adoptive parents.
5. When does Nicole say her parents’ story began?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nicole characterize her response to the racial slurs she heard as a kid?
2. What circumstance made Nicole hesitant to look for her birth parents during high school?
3. What was Nicole devastated by, when Donna called to say she had contacted her birth family?
4. Where did Cindy attend basic training?
5. How did Nicole’s parents explain the opportunity to adopt a child to themselves?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)