|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Pages45-65.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Nicole’s father answer when she asked him if he ever thought about how she ended up with them?
(a) He never thought about it.
(b) It was just Fate.
(c) God wanted them to have her.
(d) It was a puzzle he thought about all the time.
2. Which term describes Nicole’s adoption?
(c) Bureaucratically complex.
3. How does Nicole characterize her family’s reaction to her Koreanness?
(a) They pretended it did not exist.
(b) They punished her for it.
(c) They ignored it.
(d) They celebrated it.
4. How many hours’ drive from Portland Oregon was Nicole’s hometown?
5. How long after Nicole had left her parents’ house did she seek out the adoption agency that handled her adoption?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 5 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nicole characterize her relationship with being Korean?
2. Where had Nicole’s parents moved from, when they had her and gave her up for adoption?
3. How many Koreans does Nicole say lived in the town she grew up in, other than her?
4. When does Nicole say she heard her first racial slur?
5. What circumstance made Nicole hesitant to look for her birth parents during high school?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)