|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Pages 21-44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Nicole start to feel comfortable and anonymous in a crowd of Asian people?
(b) Middle school.
(c) After college.
(d) High school.
2. Which term describes Nicole’s adoption?
(c) Bureaucratically complex.
3. What did the judge tell Nicole’s parents when he made the adoption official?
(a) Take care of her.
(b) Take her to church.
(c) Love her.
(d) Assimilate her.
4. How much did Nicole weigh when she was born?
(a) More than seven pounds.
(b) Under five pounds.
(c) Between five and six pounds.
(d) Between six and seven pounds.
5. How does Nicole say her parents saw her adoption?
(a) A profound responsibility.
(b) A just act they committed for its own sake.
(c) A sacrifice they made for God.
(d) A gift from God.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Nicole say her parents’ story began?
2. How does Nicole say her parents returned to religion?
3. How did Nicole’s parents explain the opportunity to adopt a child to themselves?
4. Where did Nicole take refuge from her bullying classmates?
5. What did the social worker tell Nicole’s parents when she gave them the baby?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)