|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Pages 178-199.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of patient does Nicole say she always was?
(a) The kind to refuse to take drugs.
(b) The kind to use homemade remedies.
(c) The kind to request heavy drugs.
(d) The kind who collapsed and let herself be cared for.
2. What does Nicole say substituted for her lack of Korean heritage?
3. What was the first thing Nicole’s father said about her appearance?
(a) That she was very beautiful.
(b) That she was very tall.
(c) That she was plump.
(d) That she was too skinny.
4. What was the setting where other children made Nicole aware of her race?
(a) A birthday party.
(b) A doctor’s office.
5. What did Rick say Nicole’s fathers body language suggested?
(a) A defense.
(b) A justification.
(c) A gift.
(d) An apology.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Nicole start to feel comfortable and anonymous in a crowd of Asian people?
2. What was Nicole’s reaction when she heard her mother’s voice for the first time?
3. How does Nicole say her parents returned to religion?
4. What did Cindy tell Nicole their mother blamed the adoption on?
5. What did Nicole fear her father was ashamed of her for?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)