|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Pages45-65.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Cindy learn to work hard, in Nicole’s account?
(a) Her family’s store.
(c) Her community’s church.
(d) Her sports teams.
2. How does Nicole say her parents returned to religion?
(a) By choice.
(b) After a crisis.
(c) By invitation.
(d) By chance.
3. What transition was taking place, that kept Nicole from looking into her birth parents’ identities?
(a) Her mother’s health declined.
(b) She moved to the east coast with her husband.
(c) She started a new job.
(d) She moved to Chicago for graduate school.
4. What information did Nicole get along with the non-identifying information from the hospital she was born in?
(a) The name of the doctors who had taken care of her.
(b) A list of intermediaries who could contact her birth parents.
(c) A map of the town her parents came from.
(d) A list of relatives in the U.S. and Korea.
5. What did Nicole say she had to show respect for when she had doubts about her adoption narrative?
(a) The synchronicity that brought her to her parents.
(b) The church’s beneficence in finding her new parents.
(c) The doctors’ skills in saving her.
(d) Her parents’ sacrifice.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Cindy when her parents divorced?
2. What did the social worker tell Nicole’s parents when she gave them the baby?
3. Where did Nicole’s parents live before they got a transfer to Seattle?
4. Who did Nicole look for, the first time she went to a city with a large Asian population?
5. Where had Nicole’s parents moved from, when they had her and gave her up for adoption?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)