Part I, Pages 3-20
• The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Nicole, Nicole. All You Can Ever Know. Catapult, 2018. Hardcover version.
• Nicole Chung says that her mother always told her the same story about her adoption: “Your birth parents had just moved here form Korea. They thought they wouldn't be able to give you the life you deserved” so they put her up for adoption (3).
• She recalls being three or four years old, and crawling into her mother’s lap to hear the story, her black hair a stark contrast to her mother’s reddish-brown perm.
• Nicole writes that her mother thought she was a “gift from God” and could not see her as “anything else” but beautiful (3).
• When she asked how her birth parents could give her up, she was consistently told that “the doctors told them you would struggle all...
This section contains 10,226 words
(approx. 35 pages at 300 words per page)