|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Steins move when they left Paris?
2. Who did Alice referred to as being "a tormented and not particularly sympathetic character"?
(a) Victor Hugo
(b) Alfred Whitehead
(c) Erik Satie
(d) Juan Gris
3. To whom does Alice refer to as the third genius?
(a) William Cook
(c) Magritte Matisse
(d) Alfred Whitehead
4. Stein claims that Cubism is a concept that can be attributed to...
5. The Steins moved again when Gertrude was three-years-old. To what city did they transfer?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Alice go to Paris?
2. Who refused to believe that there was going to be a war?
3. Where was Stein's first European residence?
4. What kind of alarms were commonplace during this time?
5. What item did Gertrude bring back from Rome that was later broken?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)