|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What writer did Stein refer to as "the greatest of the Victorians?"
(a) Anthony Trollope
(b) Samuel Beckett
(c) Henry James
(d) Thomas Hardy
2. Who was the first person to quote Gertrude Stein's work to her?
3. Which is not one of Gertrude's favorite saints?
(a) St. Theresa
(b) St. Ignatius Loyola
(c) St. Francis
(d) St. Christopher
4. Where was Gertrude Stein born?
5. Gertrude Stein family is described in what book?
(a) The Making of Americans
(c) Autobiography of Alice B. Toklas
(d) The Doppelgänger
Short Answer Questions
1. Stein claims to dislike the things that are...
2. What was the Stein's opinion of Dickens?
3. What was Ronnebeck's profession?
4. Which of these things was not part of Gertrude's childhood memory in California?
5. The German ship, Fangturm, sold what items to the Mediterranean ports?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)