|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refused to believe that there was going to be a war?
(b) Americans in Europe
(c) Hungarians in Paris
2. What was the main problem with publishing "The Making of Americans?"
(a) subject matter
(b) required editing
3. During this time who became Picasso's closest friend?
4. What kept Stein from practicing medicine?
(a) her father died
(b) the war began
(c) she decided to pursue psychology
(d) she never received her degree
5. What artist did Stein refer to as the Leonardo da Vinci of the movement?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did Stein give her first novel for review?
2. What writer did Stein refer to as "the greatest of the Victorians?"
3. Who was forced to leave the Stein apartment at the insistence of a spouse?
4. Where did the Whitehead lived before moving to London?
5. What kind of alarms were commonplace during this time?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)