|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was forced to leave the Stein apartment at the insistence of a spouse?
2. Where did Alice go with Gertrude and her brother?
3. The German ship, Fangturm, sold what items to the Mediterranean ports?
(a) pins and needles
(b) coffee and tea
(c) guns and ammo
(d) socks and shoes
4. Fernande refers to Picasso as...
(a) an intellectual wit
(b) a dirty old man
(c) a precocious child
(d) an undiscovered genius
5. What experiment did Gertrude perform and eventually write a paper about?
(a) chemical reactions of sugar
(c) psychology of an expatriate
(d) automatic writing
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Gertrude going to travel to London in the summer?
2. At what age did Gertrude attempt to write a Shakespearean drama?
3. Which of these things was not part of Gertrude's childhood memory in California?
4. What kept Stein from practicing medicine?
5. What does Stein feel in regard to intellectual people?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)