|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What European city did Stein take a disliking to upon her first visit?
2. What writer did Stein refer to as "the greatest of the Victorians?"
(a) Thomas Hardy
(b) Samuel Beckett
(c) Henry James
(d) Anthony Trollope
3. What was the main problem with publishing "The Making of Americans?"
(c) subject matter
(d) required editing
4. While in medical school, Gertrude was well-known for...
(a) original scientific work
(b) cutting class
(c) being disrespectful to professors
(d) excelling in anatomy
5. What was the name of Picasso's second wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. The German ship, Fangturm, sold what items to the Mediterranean ports?
2. What item was not taken by Stein when visiting a military area?
3. What kind of alarms were commonplace during this time?
4. At what age did Gertrude attempt to write a Shakespearean drama?
5. To whom does Alice refer to as the third genius?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)