|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Stein and Toklas have to confirm their identity when picking up the money?
(a) by taking a polygraph test
(b) by producing letters of recommendation
(c) by being weighed and measured
(d) by submitting passports
2. To whom did Stein give her first novel for review?
(a) Pablo Picasso
(b) Lewis Bromfield
(c) Marguerite Matisse
(d) Alice B. Toklas
3. It was in 1914 the Picasso began to choose what kind of paint?
4. Fernande refers to Picasso as...
(a) an intellectual wit
(b) a precocious child
(c) a dirty old man
(d) an undiscovered genius
5. What was the main problem with publishing "The Making of Americans?"
(a) subject matter
(c) required editing
Short Answer Questions
1. What trait did Stein profess to have?
2. Who taught Gertrude Stein, how to drive?
3. Where did the Stein family settle on the West Coast?
4. Who sent money to Stein and Toklas in London?
5. Where did Alice go with Gertrude and her brother?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)