|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who taught Gertrude Stein, how to drive?
(a) Mrs. Penfold
(b) Alice B. Toklas
(c) William Cook
(d) John Lane
2. What was the main problem with publishing "The Making of Americans?"
(b) subject matter
(d) required editing
3. According to Stein, only Americans and Spaniards can understand what concept?
4. Gertrude had no talent for what art form?
5. Which of these things was not part of Gertrude's childhood memory in California?
(a) park rangers
(b) eucalyptus trees
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Gertrude often spend the summer months?
2. In what year did Alice go to Paris?
3. Where did the Stein family settle on the West Coast?
4. Which is not one of Gertrude's favorite saints?
5. What does Stein feel in regard to intellectual people?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)