|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these things was not part of Gertrude's childhood memory in California?
(c) eucalyptus trees
(d) park rangers
2. The German ship, Fangturm, sold what items to the Mediterranean ports?
(a) guns and ammo
(b) coffee and tea
(c) socks and shoes
(d) pins and needles
3. Who was the first person to quote Gertrude Stein's work to her?
4. Where was Stein's first European residence?
5. What is the English translation of "Nullement en danger ne t'inquiete pas?"
(a) She suffers in quiet danger
(b) There is a danger of running out of tuna fish
(c) That there is no danger, don't worry
(d) It is the quiet ones that are dangerous
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Gertrude's brother move away from Paris?
2. The Steins moved again when Gertrude was three-years-old. To what city did they transfer?
3. What activity did Matisse perform every afternoon?
4. How did Alfy describe Paris after the battle of the Marne?
5. Who is John Lane?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)