|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What activity did Matisse perform every afternoon?
(a) drinking wine by the Lake
(b) sketching in the nude
(c) walking the family's dogs
(d) taking a nap in the sun
2. What year did Gertrude's brother move away from Paris?
3. Who sent money to Stein and Toklas in London?
(b) William James
(c) Alice's mother
(d) Stein's cousin
4. At what age did Gertrude attempt to write a Shakespearean drama?
5. Who did Alice referred to as being "a tormented and not particularly sympathetic character"?
(a) Alfred Whitehead
(b) Victor Hugo
(c) Juan Gris
(d) Erik Satie
Short Answer Questions
1. While in medical school, Gertrude was well-known for...
2. Which of these things was not part of Gertrude's childhood memory in California?
3. What European city did Stein take a disliking to upon her first visit?
4. In what year did Alice go to Paris?
5. Stein claims that Cubism is a concept that can be attributed to...
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)