|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what animal did Gertrude have a fondness?
2. What war preceded the first world war?
(a) Spanish Civil War
(b) War of 1812
(c) Russian Japanese war
(d) French and Indian war
3. Stein claims to dislike the things that are...
4. To whom does Alice refer to as the third genius?
(b) Alfred Whitehead
(c) William Cook
(d) Magritte Matisse
5. The Steins moved again when Gertrude was three-years-old. To what city did they transfer?
Short Answer Questions
1. Stein and Toklas decided to settle down temporarily, in what location?
2. Who was the first person to quote Gertrude Stein's work to her?
3. Who was forced to leave the Stein apartment at the insistence of a spouse?
4. Which of these items was not a feature at the Matisse house?
5. What kind of alarms were commonplace during this time?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)