|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gertrude had no talent for what art form?
2. Who taught Gertrude Stein, how to drive?
(a) Alice B. Toklas
(b) John Lane
(c) Mrs. Penfold
(d) William Cook
3. Alice describes her Saturday evenings in Paris to what object?
(a) single malt Scotch
(b) roller coaster
4. What was the occupation of the couple's military godson?
5. What was the name of the college Gertrude first attended?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the guest of honor at Fernande's banquet?
2. Why was Gertrude going to travel to London in the summer?
3. What was the main problem with publishing "The Making of Americans?"
4. What kind of alarms were commonplace during this time?
5. To whom does Alice refer to as the third genius?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)