Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Stein, what kind of country is Germany?
2. To whom does Alice refer to as the third genius?
(a) William Cook
(b) Alfred Whitehead
(d) Magritte Matisse
3. Where did the Steins move when they left Paris?
4. Who was the guest of honor at Fernande's banquet?
5. What was the Stein's opinion of Dickens?
(a) she thought he was without talent
(b) she thought he was frightening
(c) she thought he was brilliant
(d) she thought he was overrated
6. What item was not taken by Stein when visiting a military area?
(b) French matriculation papers
(c) bank deposit slip
(d) driver's license
7. What was John Lane's favorite food in Provence?
(d) foie gras
8. Which is not one of Gertrude's favorite saints?
(a) St. Christopher
(b) St. Ignatius Loyola
(c) St. Theresa
(d) St. Francis
9. Gertrude won an award for describing what object?
(c) a dinner plate
(d) the family cat
10. Which of these items was not a feature at the Matisse house?
11. What was the name of Picasso's oldest friend?
12. During this time who became Picasso's closest friend?
13. What kind of alarms were commonplace during this time?
(a) atomic bomb
(d) fire drill
14. Who was forced to leave the Stein apartment at the insistence of a spouse?
15. Who taught Gertrude Stein, how to drive?
(a) Alice B. Toklas
(b) John Lane
(c) William Cook
(d) Mrs. Penfold
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the English translation of "Nullement en danger ne t'inquiete pas?"
2. Who sent money to Stein and Toklas in London?
3. What item did Gertrude bring back from Rome that was later broken?
4. Alice describes her Saturday evenings in Paris to what object?
5. Stein and Toklas decided to settle down temporarily, in what location?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)