|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What maneuver in driving was difficult for Gertrude?
(a) driving in snow
(b) three-point turn
(c) parallel parking
(d) backing up
2. Who was the first person to quote Gertrude Stein's work to her?
3. What was the name of the college Gertrude first attended?
4. It was in 1914 the Picasso began to choose what kind of paint?
5. Where did Matisse buy a house?
(b) rue de Fleurus
6. Where was Gertrude Stein born?
7. Who was the guest of honor at Fernande's banquet?
8. What was the main problem with publishing "The Making of Americans?"
(c) subject matter
(d) required editing
9. Where did the Steins go when they returned to America?
(a) New York
(c) Rhode Island
10. What trait did Stein profess to have?
11. What was the name of Picasso's second wife?
12. Alice describes her Saturday evenings in Paris to what object?
(c) single malt Scotch
(d) roller coaster
13. Where did the Stein family settle on the West Coast?
(c) Salt Lake City
14. How did Stein and Toklas have to confirm their identity when picking up the money?
(a) by being weighed and measured
(b) by producing letters of recommendation
(c) by taking a polygraph test
(d) by submitting passports
15. What does Stein feel in regard to intellectual people?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Steins move when they left Paris?
2. Why was Gertrude going to travel to London in the summer?
3. To whom did Stein give her first novel for review?
4. What was Ronnebeck's profession?
5. During this time who became Picasso's closest friend?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)