|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Stein and Toklas decided to settle down temporarily, in what location?
(b) Palma de Majorca
2. According to Stein, what kind of country is Germany?
3. What publication published Gertrude's paper?
(a) Christian Science Monitor
(b) New York Times
(c) Harvard Psychological Review
(d) Journal of Medicine
4. The Steins moved again when Gertrude was three-years-old. To what city did they transfer?
5. In what city did the couple have difficulties getting their passports approved?
6. According to Stein Germans lack what ability?
(c) common sense
(d) intelligent thought
7. What was the name of Stein's first publisher?
(a) Alfred Whitehead
(b) Alfred Steglitz
(c) David Starr Jordan
(d) John Lane
8. It was in 1914 the Picasso began to choose what kind of paint?
9. Who is John Lane?
10. Who refused to believe that there was going to be a war?
(a) Americans in Europe
(b) Hungarians in Paris
11. While in medical school, Gertrude was well-known for...
(a) being disrespectful to professors
(b) original scientific work
(c) excelling in anatomy
(d) cutting class
12. What was the name of Picasso's second wife?
13. For what animal did Gertrude have a fondness?
14. What is the English translation of "Nullement en danger ne t'inquiete pas?"
(a) It is the quiet ones that are dangerous
(b) She suffers in quiet danger
(c) That there is no danger, don't worry
(d) There is a danger of running out of tuna fish
15. Gertrude had no talent for what art form?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the guest of honor at Fernande's banquet?
2. What item was not taken by Stein when visiting a military area?
3. Which of these things was not part of Gertrude's childhood memory in California?
4. Where did Gertrude often spend the summer months?
5. To whom does Alice refer to as the third genius?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)