|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Stein's and Toklas' mallorcan hound
2. What war preceded the first world war?
(a) French and Indian war
(b) War of 1812
(c) Russian Japanese war
(d) Spanish Civil War
3. Why was Gertrude going to travel to London in the summer?
(a) to visit John Lane
(b) for the Queen's coronation
(c) to get away from Paris
(d) to begin a book tour
4. Fernande refers to Picasso as...
(a) a precocious child
(b) a dirty old man
(c) an intellectual wit
(d) an undiscovered genius
5. Where did Matisse buy a house?
(b) rue de Fleurus
6. In what city did the couple have difficulties getting their passports approved?
7. Where did the Steins go when they returned to America?
(c) New York
(d) Rhode Island
8. What was Ronnebeck's profession?
9. It was in 1914 the Picasso began to choose what kind of paint?
10. Stein and Toklas decided to settle down temporarily, in what location?
(b) Palma de Majorca
11. Where did the Steins move when they left Paris?
12. Who was the guest of honor at Fernande's banquet?
13. Who did Alice referred to as being "a tormented and not particularly sympathetic character"?
(a) Victor Hugo
(b) Alfred Whitehead
(c) Erik Satie
(d) Juan Gris
14. Who is John Lane?
15. Gertrude had no talent for what art form?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did Stein give her first novel for review?
2. According to Stein, what kind of country is Germany?
3. Which of these items was not a feature at the Matisse house?
4. For what animal did Gertrude have a fondness?
5. What was the name of Picasso's second wife?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)