|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Stein's first publisher?
(a) Alfred Whitehead
(b) Alfred Steglitz
(c) David Starr Jordan
(d) John Lane
2. Stein claims that Cubism is a concept that can be attributed to...
3. What was Ronnebeck's profession?
4. Alice describes her Saturday evenings in Paris to what object?
(b) single malt Scotch
(d) roller coaster
5. Where did the Whitehead lived before moving to London?
(b) San Francisco
6. During this time who became Picasso's closest friend?
7. What was the name of the college Gertrude first attended?
8. According to Stein Germans lack what ability?
(b) intelligent thought
(c) common sense
9. What trait did Stein profess to have?
10. Where was Stein's first European residence?
11. Which is not one of Gertrude's favorite saints?
(a) St. Theresa
(b) St. Christopher
(c) St. Ignatius Loyola
(d) St. Francis
12. What was the occupation of the couple's military godson?
13. What was John Lane's favorite food in Provence?
(c) foie gras
14. What maneuver in driving was difficult for Gertrude?
(a) backing up
(b) driving in snow
(c) parallel parking
(d) three-point turn
15. Gertrude had no talent for what art form?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refused to believe that there was going to be a war?
2. To whom did Stein give her first novel for review?
3. Who sent money to Stein and Toklas in London?
4. Who did Alice referred to as being "a tormented and not particularly sympathetic character"?
5. Where did Matisse buy a house?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)