|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item did Gertrude bring back from Rome that was later broken?
2. What was the name of Picasso's oldest friend?
3. Gertrude won an award for describing what object?
(a) the family cat
(b) a dinner plate
4. Gertrude had no talent for what art form?
5. What does Stein feel in regard to intellectual people?
6. At what age did Gertrude attempt to write a Shakespearean drama?
7. Stein and Toklas decided to settle down temporarily, in what location?
(c) Palma de Majorca
8. What European city did Stein take a disliking to upon her first visit?
9. What was Ronnebeck's profession?
10. What was the name of Picasso's second wife?
11. What was the name of Stein's and Toklas' mallorcan hound
12. The German ship, Fangturm, sold what items to the Mediterranean ports?
(a) pins and needles
(b) coffee and tea
(c) guns and ammo
(d) socks and shoes
13. Alice describes her Saturday evenings in Paris to what object?
(a) roller coaster
(d) single malt Scotch
14. What kept Stein from practicing medicine?
(a) her father died
(b) she decided to pursue psychology
(c) the war began
(d) she never received her degree
15. Where did the Steins go when they returned to America?
(a) New York
(c) Rhode Island
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the main problem with publishing "The Making of Americans?"
2. Fernande refers to Picasso as...
3. While in medical school, Gertrude was well-known for...
4. What is the English translation of "Nullement en danger ne t'inquiete pas?"
5. Where did Matisse buy a house?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)