|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What present did Stein give to Picasso?
(a) American newspapers
(b) Painter's palette
(c) Wooden easel
(d) Homemade baguettes
2. What nationality was Picasso?
3. What was the cost of the Matisse painting of the woman and the dog?
(a) 1000 francs
(b) 250 francs
(c) 500 francs
(d) 100 francs
4. What was the name of the street on which the Picassos lived?
(a) rue Ravignan
(b) rue de Fleurus
(c) rue d'Avron
(d) avenue Foch
5. The Matisse apartment had a beautiful view of what Paris landmark?
(a) Ile de la Cité
(b) The Arc de Triomphe
(c) The Louvre
(d) Notre Dame
6. Whose relatives returned to California?
(a) Gertrude Stein's
(b) Mr. Toklas'
(d) Charlie Chaplin's
7. What was the name of the sculptor working on a figure of Gertrude Stein's nephew?
(a) Michelangelo Buonartti
(c) Kathleen Bruce
8. According to Matisse, Gertrude's world was a ________________.
9. Which house guest was objected to by Helene?
10. What was the career choice of Matisse before he discovered painting?
11. What is a chronic problem in Paris?
12. What was the name of the picture dealer in Paris that handled Cézanne's work?
13. When it came to writing, what was Stein's passion?
14. One of the paintings by Matisse that Stein loved was titled, "La Femme au Chapeau." What is the English translation of "chapeau?"
15. What year did Alice's grandfather go to California?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the former occupation of gallery owner, Sagot?
2. What artist became famous by painting a portrait of Fernande?
3. Gertrude had a large number of photographs depicting what historical event?
4. Alice had no desire to __________________.
5. How old was Matisse when he received the first large offer from the spring salon?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)