|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Picasso's first name?
2. What was the name of one of the top two large spring salons?
(a) Place de la Concord
(c) Musee de Montmartre
3. One of the paintings by Matisse that Stein loved was titled, "La Femme au Chapeau." What is the English translation of "chapeau?"
4. What author did Alice most admire?
(a) Thomas Hardy
(b) Henry James
(c) T.S. Eliot
(d) Gertrude Stein
5. Who was the inspiration for La Femme un Chapeau?
(a) Fernande Picasso
(b) Gertrude Stein
(c) Amelie Matisse
(d) Alice B. Toklas
6. At what age did Alice develop a love of literature?
7. Gertrude Stein's brother had a fondness for what type of art?
8. What present did Stein give to Picasso?
(a) Wooden easel
(b) Homemade baguettes
(c) Painter's palette
(d) American newspapers
9. What was the name of the Stein's housekeeper?
10. Where was Alice B. Toklas born?
(a) San Antonio
(b) San Francisco
(c) New York
11. Stein had a weakness for what types of objects?
12. What was the cost of the Matisse painting of the woman and the dog?
(a) 500 francs
(b) 100 francs
(c) 1000 francs
(d) 250 francs
13. What was the career choice of Matisse before he discovered painting?
14. What was the name of the street on which the Picassos lived?
(a) rue Ravignan
(b) rue de Fleurus
(c) rue d'Avron
(d) avenue Foch
15. What was the name of the confectioner who made honey cakes and nut candies?
(a) Parisian Chocolat
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the street where the Steins had an apartment?
2. What famous school did Gertrude Stein attend?
3. What was Alice's mother's name?
4. To what author does Alice offer assistance?
5. What military position did Alice's great-great-uncle hold?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)