|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Stein had a weakness for what types of objects?
2. What was the name of Stein's1,000-page book?
(a) Three Lives
(b) The Making of Americans
(c) A Room of One's Own
(d) Catcher in the Rye
3. How does Alice know if she has met a genius?
(a) Her nose itches
(b) Her heart stops for a beat
(c) Her toes tingle
(d) She hears a bell ring
4. Where had the relatives been living?
5. What year did Alice's grandfather go to California?
6. To what author does Alice offer assistance?
(a) Ernest Hemingway
(b) Henry James
(c) Gertrude Stein
(d) Ezra Pound
7. Where was Alice B. Toklas born?
(b) San Antonio
(c) New York
(d) San Francisco
8. What artist became famous by painting a portrait of Fernande?
(c) Van Dongen
(d) Max Jacob
9. At what age did Alice stop practicing her music?
10. What was the former occupation of gallery owner, Sagot?
(c) circus clown
11. What was Alice's great passion?
12. Which of these things is not among Alice's hobbies?
13. Alice's grandmother was very fond of __________________.
(d) The ocean
14. What did Mrs. Stein bring to California?
(b) Matisse paintings
(c) Fine silk
15. What was the name of the large exposition building?
(a) Grand Palais
(b) Musée de l'Orangerie
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity did Stein partake in every afternoon?
2. What author did Alice most admire?
3. What famous school did Gertrude Stein attend?
4. Who was the inspiration for La Femme un Chapeau?
5. What event caused Alice to lapse with her music?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)