|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Picasso's first name?
2. Duret commented to an artist that there are two kinds of art. There is art, and then there is ___________________.
(a) Cubist art
(b) official art
(c) commercial art
(d) pointless art
3. With whom did Alice live?
(a) Father and brother
(c) Aunt and Uncle
(d) Two sisters
4. Alice's relative raised a regiment for whom?
5. Gertrude had a large number of photographs depicting what historical event?
(a) Civil War
(b) San Francisco fire
(c) Washington crossing the Delaware
(d) Signing of the Declaration Of Independence
6. Alice had no desire to __________________.
(a) Play music
7. How does Alice know if she has met a genius?
(a) She hears a bell ring
(b) Her heart stops for a beat
(c) Her toes tingle
(d) Her nose itches
8. One of the paintings by Matisse that Stein loved was titled, "La Femme au Chapeau." What is the English translation of "chapeau?"
9. What famous school did Gertrude Stein attend?
(a) Johns Hopkins
10. The brother of what famous dancer rented an atelier in the rue de Fleurus?
(a) Isadora Duncan
(b) Mikhail Baryshnikov
(c) Twyla Tharp
(d) Gypsy Lee Rose
11. Some people thought Picasso resembled which famous American?
(a) Aaron Burr
(b) Ulysses S. Grant
(c) George Washington
(d) Abraham Lincoln
12. Of what comic was Picasso fond?
(b) Andy Capp
(c) Alley Oop
(d) Katzenjammer Kids
13. What item did Picasso withhold from his wife?
14. What was the name of the sculptor working on a figure of Gertrude Stein's nephew?
(a) Kathleen Bruce
(b) Michelangelo Buonartti
15. What was Alice's mother's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What event caused Alice to lapse with her music?
2. What was the name of Matisse's first large composition?
3. What military position did Alice's great-great-uncle hold?
4. Which was not a passion for Fernande?
5. Where was Alice B. Toklas born?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)