|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which house guest was objected to by Helene?
2. Where had the relatives been living?
3. What present did Stein give to Picasso?
(a) American newspapers
(b) Painter's palette
(c) Homemade baguettes
(d) Wooden easel
4. Some people thought Picasso resembled which famous American?
(a) Ulysses S. Grant
(b) George Washington
(c) Aaron Burr
(d) Abraham Lincoln
5. Which was not a passion for Fernande?
6. What was Picasso's first name?
7. What nationality was Picasso?
8. How old was Picasso when he painted the portrait of Gertrude Stein?
9. What was the name of the street where the Steins had an apartment?
(a) Avenue Champagne
(b) Champs Elysee
(c) Rue de Fleurus
(d) Rue de Rivoli
10. What year did Alice's grandfather go to California?
11. Alice had no desire to __________________.
(b) Play music
12. What was the name of one of the top two large spring salons?
(a) Place de la Concord
(d) Musee de Montmartre
13. Alice's father said, "if you must do a thing do it _____________."
14. Cézanne's portrait of a woman inspired what Gertrude Stein work?
(b) An Awkward Age
(c) A Room of One's Own
(d) Three Lives
15. What area of Paris is popular with artists?
(c) Latin Quarter
(d) Place de la Concord
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alice refer to her mother?
2. What military position did Alice's great-great-uncle hold?
3. What was the name of the street on which the Picassos lived?
4. Duret commented to an artist that there are two kinds of art. There is art, and then there is ___________________.
5. What did Mrs. Stein bring to California?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)