|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age did Alice develop a love of literature?
2. Gertrude Stein's brother discovered what unknown artist at Sagot's gallery?
3. Who was the inspiration for La Femme un Chapeau?
(a) Amelie Matisse
(b) Alice B. Toklas
(c) Gertrude Stein
(d) Fernande Picasso
4. What was the name of the Stein's housekeeper?
5. Stein had a weakness for what types of objects?
6. Who did Alice meet during her travels?
(a) Ralph Waldo Emerson
(b) Gertrude Stein
(c) Winston Churchill
(d) Charlie Chaplin
7. How does Alice know if she has met a genius?
(a) Her toes tingle
(b) She hears a bell ring
(c) Her heart stops for a beat
(d) Her nose itches
8. What military position did Alice's great-great-uncle hold?
9. The Matisse apartment had a beautiful view of what Paris landmark?
(a) The Louvre
(b) Notre Dame
(c) Ile de la Cité
(d) The Arc de Triomphe
10. At what time of day did Gertrude Stein typically begin to work?
(a) 11:00 p.m.
(b) 2:00 p.m.
(c) 4:00 a.m.
(d) 12:00 p.m.
11. Where did Alice choose as a travel destination?
12. What was Alice's mother's name?
13. Where was Gertrude's brother living when he learned about Cézanne?
14. Whose relatives returned to California?
(b) Gertrude Stein's
(c) Mr. Toklas'
(d) Charlie Chaplin's
15. At what age did Alice stop practicing her music?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the street on which the Picassos lived?
2. Alice's grandmother was very fond of __________________.
3. What was the former occupation of gallery owner, Sagot?
4. What incident changed Alice's life?
5. What was the name of the street where the Steins had an apartment?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)