|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had the relatives been living?
2. Who was the inspiration for La Femme un Chapeau?
(a) Alice B. Toklas
(b) Fernande Picasso
(c) Gertrude Stein
(d) Amelie Matisse
3. Who painted a portrait of Gertrude Stein?
4. Which artist is not mentioned in Chapter 2?
5. What was the name of the picture dealer in Paris that handled Cézanne's work?
6. The Matisse apartment had a beautiful view of what Paris landmark?
(a) The Louvre
(b) Notre Dame
(c) Ile de la Cité
(d) The Arc de Triomphe
7. What was Picasso's first name?
8. Where was Alice B. Toklas born?
(a) San Antonio
(b) New York
(d) San Francisco
9. What was Alice's mother's name?
10. What was Alice's great passion?
11. What was the career choice of Matisse before he discovered painting?
12. What area of Paris is popular with artists?
(c) Latin Quarter
(d) Place de la Concord
13. What author did Alice most admire?
(a) Gertrude Stein
(b) Henry James
(c) Thomas Hardy
(d) T.S. Eliot
14. What was the name of the Stein's housekeeper?
15. What was the price of Alice's lessons?
(a) $.50 per hour
(b) $1.00 per day
(c) $.75 per lesson
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Alice's grandfather go to California?
2. Some people thought Picasso resembled which famous American?
3. Which was not a passion for Fernande?
4. Alice's grandmother was very fond of __________________.
5. Whose relatives returned to California?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)