Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What activity did Stein partake in every afternoon?
(a) writing poetry
(b) playing with the dog
(c) drinking tea with friends
(d) walking around Paris
2. What was the name of one of the top two large spring salons?
(a) Musee de Montmartre
(c) Place de la Concord
3. Alice's grandmother was very fond of __________________.
(a) The ocean
4. What was the name of the street where the Steins had an apartment?
(a) Champs Elysee
(b) Rue de Rivoli
(c) Rue de Fleurus
(d) Avenue Champagne
5. Who did Alice meet during her travels?
(a) Ralph Waldo Emerson
(b) Winston Churchill
(c) Gertrude Stein
(d) Charlie Chaplin
6. When it came to writing, what was Stein's passion?
7. What item did Picasso withhold from his wife?
8. What event preceded the fire?
9. What was the name of the book that Gertrude Stein was having privately printed in 1907?
(a) The Making of Americans
(b) The Autobiography of Alice B. Toklas
(c) Three Lives
(d) An Awkward Age
10. How does Alice refer to her mother?
11. Where was Alice B. Toklas born?
(a) San Francisco
(b) San Antonio
(c) New York
12. What area of Paris is popular with artists?
(b) Place de la Concord
(d) Latin Quarter
13. What is the English translation of "un coup de foudre?"
(a) A political arrest
(b) Love at first sight
(c) Civil unrest
(d) A collection of paintings
14. What year did Alice's grandfather go to California?
15. Gertrude had a large number of photographs depicting what historical event?
(a) San Francisco fire
(b) Signing of the Declaration Of Independence
(c) Washington crossing the Delaware
(d) Civil War
Short Answer Questions
1. The Matisse apartment had a beautiful view of what Paris landmark?
2. Duret commented to an artist that there are two kinds of art. There is art, and then there is ___________________.
3. What was the name of the Stein's housekeeper?
4. What object was often taken to the cinema with Germaine Pichot?
5. What was the former occupation of gallery owner, Sagot?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)