|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cézanne's portrait of a woman inspired what Gertrude Stein work?
(a) A Room of One's Own
(b) Three Lives
(c) An Awkward Age
2. What was the name of the heroine of the moment?
3. What was the name of the street on which the Picassos lived?
(a) avenue Foch
(b) rue d'Avron
(c) rue de Fleurus
(d) rue Ravignan
4. Who would supply the lessons to Alice?
5. Alice's father said, "if you must do a thing do it _____________."
6. How old was Matisse when he received the first large offer from the spring salon?
7. What was the name of the confectioner who made honey cakes and nut candies?
(c) Parisian Chocolat
8. Who painted a portrait of Gertrude Stein?
9. At what age did Alice develop a love of literature?
10. Gertrude had a large number of photographs depicting what historical event?
(a) Washington crossing the Delaware
(b) Signing of the Declaration Of Independence
(c) Civil War
(d) San Francisco fire
11. What is a chronic problem in Paris?
12. Stein had a weakness for what types of objects?
13. Of what comic was Picasso fond?
(b) Andy Capp
(c) Katzenjammer Kids
(d) Alley Oop
14. What artist became famous by painting a portrait of Fernande?
(c) Van Dongen
(d) Max Jacob
15. At what time of day did Gertrude Stein typically begin to work?
(a) 12:00 p.m.
(b) 4:00 a.m.
(c) 2:00 p.m.
(d) 11:00 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. Duret commented to an artist that there are two kinds of art. There is art, and then there is ___________________.
2. Who was the inspiration for La Femme un Chapeau?
3. What was the former occupation of gallery owner, Sagot?
4. What was the name of the street where the Steins had an apartment?
5. What was the name of Matisse's first large composition?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)