|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mrs. Stein bring to California?
(b) Matisse paintings
(d) Fine silk
2. When it came to writing, what was Stein's passion?
3. What was the price of Alice's lessons?
(b) $1.00 per day
(c) $.50 per hour
(d) $.75 per lesson
4. What item did Picasso withhold from his wife?
5. What year did Alice's grandfather go to California?
6. What was Picasso's first name?
7. Stein had a weakness for what types of objects?
8. What activity did Stein partake in every afternoon?
(a) playing with the dog
(b) writing poetry
(c) drinking tea with friends
(d) walking around Paris
9. Gertrude Stein's brother had a fondness for what type of art?
10. Gertrude Stein's brother discovered what unknown artist at Sagot's gallery?
11. How does Alice refer to her mother?
12. What is a chronic problem in Paris?
13. Whose relatives returned to California?
(a) Gertrude Stein's
(c) Charlie Chaplin's
(d) Mr. Toklas'
14. What object was often taken to the cinema with Germaine Pichot?
(b) bottles of wine
(c) armed bodyguards
15. What was the name of one of the top two large spring salons?
(b) Place de la Concord
(d) Musee de Montmartre
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Matisse, Gertrude's world was a ________________.
2. Which of these people is not on Alice's list of geniuses?
3. Which of these things is not among Alice's hobbies?
4. What present did Stein give to Picasso?
5. What was the name of Alice's favorite book?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)