|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alice describes her Saturday evenings in Paris to what object?
(a) single malt Scotch
(d) roller coaster
2. Duret commented to an artist that there are two kinds of art. There is art, and then there is ___________________.
(a) Cubist art
(b) official art
(c) commercial art
(d) pointless art
3. Which is not one of Gertrude's favorite saints?
(a) St. Christopher
(b) St. Ignatius Loyola
(c) St. Francis
(d) St. Theresa
4. What military position did Alice's great-great-uncle hold?
5. Which artist is not mentioned in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What artist was a friend of the photographer, Duret?
2. A French critic compared Stein's work to the work of what famous artist?
3. Where was Gertrude's brother living when he learned about Cézanne?
4. According to Stein, only Americans and Spaniards can understand what concept?
5. Where did the Steins go when they returned to America?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)