|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alice describes her Saturday evenings in Paris to what object?
(b) roller coaster
(d) single malt Scotch
2. What was the name of Stein's1,000-page book?
(a) A Room of One's Own
(b) The Making of Americans
(c) Three Lives
(d) Catcher in the Rye
3. What event caused Alice to lapse with her music?
(b) San Francisco fire
(d) Her mother's death
4. To whom did Stein give her first novel for review?
(a) Alice B. Toklas
(b) Lewis Bromfield
(c) Pablo Picasso
(d) Marguerite Matisse
5. Where was Alice B. Toklas born?
(a) New York
(b) San Antonio
(c) San Francisco
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous school did Gertrude Stein attend?
2. With whom did Alice live?
3. Who did Alice referred to as being "a tormented and not particularly sympathetic character"?
4. Alice had no desire to __________________.
5. According to Stein, only Americans and Spaniards can understand what concept?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)