|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the inspiration for La Femme un Chapeau?
(a) Alice B. Toklas
(b) Fernande Picasso
(c) Amelie Matisse
(d) Gertrude Stein
2. What kept Stein from practicing medicine?
(a) she never received her degree
(b) the war began
(c) her father died
(d) she decided to pursue psychology
3. Whose relatives returned to California?
(a) Mr. Toklas'
(b) Charlie Chaplin's
(c) Gertrude Stein's
4. What event preceded the fire?
5. Which is not one of Gertrude's favorite saints?
(a) St. Theresa
(b) St. Ignatius Loyola
(c) St. Christopher
(d) St. Francis
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Whitehead lived before moving to London?
2. What was Alice's mother's name?
3. What was the name of the confectioner who made honey cakes and nut candies?
4. Which of these things was not used to describe Stein's work?
5. What event caused Alice to lapse with her music?
This section contains 152 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)