|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Gertrude's brother living when he learned about Cézanne?
2. What writer did Stein refer to as "the greatest of the Victorians?"
(a) Henry James
(b) Thomas Hardy
(c) Samuel Beckett
(d) Anthony Trollope
3. It was in 1914 the Picasso began to choose what kind of paint?
4. What was the cost of the Matisse painting of the woman and the dog?
(a) 500 francs
(b) 100 francs
(c) 1000 francs
(d) 250 francs
5. According to Matisse, Gertrude's world was a ________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the street on which Toklas had her first Paris apartment?
2. What item was not taken by Stein when visiting a military area?
3. What was the name of the college Gertrude first attended?
4. With whom did Alice live?
5. What item did Picasso withhold from his wife?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)