|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the English translation of "un coup de foudre?"
(a) A political arrest
(b) Civil unrest
(c) Love at first sight
(d) A collection of paintings
2. What does Stein feel in regard to intellectual people?
3. Of what comic was Picasso fond?
(b) Andy Capp
(c) Katzenjammer Kids
(d) Alley Oop
4. What is the English translation of "Nullement en danger ne t'inquiete pas?"
(a) There is a danger of running out of tuna fish
(b) That there is no danger, don't worry
(c) It is the quiet ones that are dangerous
(d) She suffers in quiet danger
5. What present did Stein give to Picasso?
(a) Homemade baguettes
(b) American newspapers
(c) Painter's palette
(d) Wooden easel
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Gertrude going to travel to London in the summer?
2. What was the name of Stein's and Toklas' mallorcan hound
3. What kind of alarms were commonplace during this time?
4. What incident changed Alice's life?
5. Gertrude Stein's brother discovered what unknown artist at Sagot's gallery?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)