|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Stein family settle on the West Coast?
(a) Salt Lake City
2. For what animal did Gertrude have a fondness?
3. What item did Gertrude bring back from Rome that was later broken?
4. With whom did Alice live?
(b) Two sisters
(c) Aunt and Uncle
(d) Father and brother
5. What artist was a friend of the photographer, Duret?
(a) Alfy Maurer
(b) James Whistler
(c) Henri Matisse
(d) Max Jacob
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of day did Gertrude Stein typically begin to work?
2. What is the English translation of "un coup de foudre?"
3. Picasso painted a famous scene with friends gathered around what object?
4. Where did the Whitehead lived before moving to London?
5. Where did Matisse buy a house?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)