|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose relatives returned to California?
(a) Mr. Toklas'
(b) Gertrude Stein's
(d) Charlie Chaplin's
2. Which is not one of Gertrude's favorite saints?
(a) St. Ignatius Loyola
(b) St. Christopher
(c) St. Theresa
(d) St. Francis
3. What was the career choice of Matisse before he discovered painting?
4. Gertrude Stein's brother had a fondness for what type of art?
5. What is the English translation of "Nullement en danger ne t'inquiete pas?"
(a) There is a danger of running out of tuna fish
(b) That there is no danger, don't worry
(c) It is the quiet ones that are dangerous
(d) She suffers in quiet danger
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is John Lane?
2. What was the name of Matisse's first large composition?
3. What kind of alarms were commonplace during this time?
4. What publication published Gertrude's paper?
5. Some people thought Picasso resembled which famous American?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)