|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What artist was a friend of the photographer, Duret?
(a) James Whistler
(b) Alfy Maurer
(c) Max Jacob
(d) Henri Matisse
2. Why was Gertrude going to travel to London in the summer?
(a) to begin a book tour
(b) to get away from Paris
(c) to visit John Lane
(d) for the Queen's coronation
3. Which of these items was not a feature at the Matisse house?
4. What was the name of the college Gertrude first attended?
5. What nationality was Alice's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What writer did Stein refer to as "the greatest of the Victorians?"
2. What artist did Stein refer to as the Leonardo da Vinci of the movement?
3. Where did Gertrude often spend the summer months?
4. Where did the Steins move when they left Paris?
5. What was the name of the sculptor working on a figure of Gertrude Stein's nephew?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)