|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the inspiration for La Femme un Chapeau?
(a) Amelie Matisse
(b) Gertrude Stein
(c) Alice B. Toklas
(d) Fernande Picasso
2. What artist became famous by painting a portrait of Fernande?
(c) Max Jacob
(d) Van Dongen
3. Why was Gertrude going to travel to London in the summer?
(a) for the Queen's coronation
(b) to get away from Paris
(c) to begin a book tour
(d) to visit John Lane
4. What famous school did Gertrude Stein attend?
(d) Johns Hopkins
5. What nationality was Picasso?
Short Answer Questions
1. What European city did Stein take a disliking to upon her first visit?
2. Which of these items was not a feature at the Matisse house?
3. Where was Stein's first European residence?
4. What was the name of the Stein's housekeeper?
5. Where was Alice B. Toklas born?
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)