|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gertrude Stein family is described in what book?
(b) Autobiography of Alice B. Toklas
(c) The Making of Americans
(d) The Doppelgänger
2. What was the cost of the Matisse painting of the woman and the dog?
(a) 500 francs
(b) 100 francs
(c) 250 francs
(d) 1000 francs
3. What was Alice's mother's name?
4. Where did the Stein family settle on the West Coast?
(c) Salt Lake City
5. What area of Paris is popular with artists?
(a) Latin Quarter
(b) Place de la Concord
Short Answer Questions
1. What lessons did Alice want to receive?
2. Which is not one of Gertrude's favorite saints?
3. Which house guest was objected to by Helene?
4. At what age did Alice stop practicing her music?
5. Where was Gertrude Stein born?
This section contains 139 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)