|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item did Gertrude bring back from Rome that was later broken?
2. Gertrude Stein family is described in what book?
(a) Autobiography of Alice B. Toklas
(b) The Doppelgänger
(d) The Making of Americans
3. Where did the Steins move when they left Paris?
4. What was the name of Stein's1,000-page book?
(a) The Making of Americans
(b) A Room of One's Own
(c) Catcher in the Rye
(d) Three Lives
5. What year did Gertrude's brother move away from Paris?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the main problem with publishing "The Making of Americans?"
2. What trait did Stein profess to have?
3. Gertrude had a large number of photographs depicting what historical event?
4. What activity did Matisse perform every afternoon?
5. Who was the inspiration for La Femme un Chapeau?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)