|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Steins move when they left Paris?
2. What was the name of the heroine of the moment?
3. What activity did Stein partake in every afternoon?
(a) walking around Paris
(b) writing poetry
(c) drinking tea with friends
(d) playing with the dog
4. The brother of what famous dancer rented an atelier in the rue de Fleurus?
(a) Isadora Duncan
(b) Twyla Tharp
(c) Gypsy Lee Rose
(d) Mikhail Baryshnikov
5. According to Matisse, Gertrude's world was a ________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the book that Gertrude Stein was having privately printed in 1907?
2. How old was Matisse when he received the first large offer from the spring salon?
3. Who was the guest of honor at Fernande's banquet?
4. While in medical school, Gertrude was well-known for...
5. What was Alice's great passion?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)