|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age did Gertrude attempt to write a Shakespearean drama?
2. What was the name of the book that Gertrude Stein was having privately printed in 1907?
(a) An Awkward Age
(b) The Making of Americans
(c) The Autobiography of Alice B. Toklas
(d) Three Lives
3. What object was often taken to the cinema with Germaine Pichot?
(b) bottles of wine
(c) armed bodyguards
4. Where had the relatives been living?
5. Duret commented to an artist that there are two kinds of art. There is art, and then there is ___________________.
(a) official art
(b) Cubist art
(c) pointless art
(d) commercial art
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not one of Gertrude's favorite saints?
2. During this time who became Picasso's closest friend?
3. What was Alice's great passion?
4. What writer did Stein refer to as "the greatest of the Victorians?"
5. One of the paintings by Matisse that Stein loved was titled, "La Femme au Chapeau." What is the English translation of "chapeau?"
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)