|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the English translation of "un coup de foudre?"
(a) A collection of paintings
(b) Love at first sight
(c) A political arrest
(d) Civil unrest
2. What was the cost of the Matisse painting of the woman and the dog?
(a) 1000 francs
(b) 250 francs
(c) 100 francs
(d) 500 francs
3. What artist became famous by painting a portrait of Fernande?
(b) Max Jacob
(d) Van Dongen
4. What year did Alice's grandfather go to California?
5. What event caused Alice to lapse with her music?
(b) San Francisco fire
(d) Her mother's death
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alice refer to her mother?
2. Whose relatives returned to California?
3. What nationality was Picasso?
4. Picasso painted a famous scene with friends gathered around what object?
5. The Matisse apartment had a beautiful view of what Paris landmark?
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)