Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these things was not part of Gertrude's childhood memory in California?
(c) eucalyptus trees
(d) park rangers
2. At what time of day did Gertrude Stein typically begin to work?
(a) 11:00 p.m.
(b) 12:00 p.m.
(c) 2:00 p.m.
(d) 4:00 a.m.
3. What activity did Matisse perform every afternoon?
(a) drinking wine by the Lake
(b) walking the family's dogs
(c) taking a nap in the sun
(d) sketching in the nude
4. What is the English translation of "un coup de foudre?"
(a) A collection of paintings
(b) Civil unrest
(c) A political arrest
(d) Love at first sight
5. The Matisse apartment had a beautiful view of what Paris landmark?
(a) The Louvre
(b) Notre Dame
(c) The Arc de Triomphe
(d) Ile de la Cité
Short Answer Questions
1. What European city did Stein take a disliking to upon her first visit?
2. The brother of what famous dancer rented an atelier in the rue de Fleurus?
3. What was the name of Stein's1,000-page book?
4. What was the Stein's opinion of Dickens?
5. What event preceded the fire?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)