|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Alice go with Gertrude and her brother?
2. What writer did Stein refer to as "the greatest of the Victorians?"
(a) Anthony Trollope
(b) Samuel Beckett
(c) Henry James
(d) Thomas Hardy
3. At what age did Alice develop a love of literature?
4. According to Matisse, Gertrude's world was a ________________.
5. Which of these things was not part of Gertrude's childhood memory in California?
(a) eucalyptus trees
(b) park rangers
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity did Matisse perform every afternoon?
2. Some people thought Picasso resembled which famous American?
3. Which artist is not mentioned in Chapter 2?
4. What was the occupation of the couple's military godson?
5. At what time of day did Gertrude Stein typically begin to work?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)