|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Stein's1,000-page book?
(a) A Room of One's Own
(b) Three Lives
(c) Catcher in the Rye
(d) The Making of Americans
2. What activity did Matisse perform every afternoon?
(a) taking a nap in the sun
(b) sketching in the nude
(c) walking the family's dogs
(d) drinking wine by the Lake
3. What year did Gertrude's brother move away from Paris?
4. What event caused Alice to lapse with her music?
(b) San Francisco fire
(d) Her mother's death
5. Why was Gertrude going to travel to London in the summer?
(a) to begin a book tour
(b) to get away from Paris
(c) for the Queen's coronation
(d) to visit John Lane
Short Answer Questions
1. What event preceded the fire?
2. Alice's father said, "if you must do a thing do it _____________."
3. What nationality was Alice's father?
4. What was the name of the picture dealer in Paris that handled Cézanne's work?
5. What is the English translation of "Nullement en danger ne t'inquiete pas?"
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)