|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the English translation of "Nullement en danger ne t'inquiete pas?"
(a) That there is no danger, don't worry
(b) There is a danger of running out of tuna fish
(c) She suffers in quiet danger
(d) It is the quiet ones that are dangerous
2. What item did Picasso withhold from his wife?
3. Alice had no desire to __________________.
(c) Play music
4. Gertrude Stein family is described in what book?
(b) Autobiography of Alice B. Toklas
(c) The Making of Americans
(d) The Doppelgänger
5. Where did the Steins go when they returned to America?
(a) New York
(c) Rhode Island
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Alice referred to as being "a tormented and not particularly sympathetic character"?
2. Where did Matisse buy a house?
3. What experiment did Gertrude perform and eventually write a paper about?
4. Who painted a portrait of Gertrude Stein?
5. Where was Stein's first European residence?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)