|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the main problem with publishing "The Making of Americans?"
(a) subject matter
(c) required editing
2. What was the name of Stein's first publisher?
(a) John Lane
(b) Alfred Whitehead
(c) David Starr Jordan
(d) Alfred Steglitz
3. What artist became famous by painting a portrait of Fernande?
(a) Van Dongen
(b) Max Jacob
4. Which of these things was not part of Gertrude's childhood memory in California?
(a) eucalyptus trees
(d) park rangers
5. What was the name of Picasso's second wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. During this time who became Picasso's closest friend?
2. Alice had no desire to __________________.
3. Who painted a portrait of Gertrude Stein?
4. What item was not taken by Stein when visiting a military area?
5. What nationality was Alice's father?
This section contains 145 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)