|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the large exposition building?
(b) Musée de l'Orangerie
(c) Grand Palais
2. What author did Alice most admire?
(a) Gertrude Stein
(b) Henry James
(c) T.S. Eliot
(d) Thomas Hardy
3. What was the name of Stein's first publisher?
(a) Alfred Whitehead
(b) David Starr Jordan
(c) Alfred Steglitz
(d) John Lane
4. What was the name of Picasso's second wife?
5. What present did Stein give to Picasso?
(a) Painter's palette
(b) American newspapers
(c) Wooden easel
(d) Homemade baguettes
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the price of Alice's lessons?
2. Where was Gertrude's brother living when he learned about Cézanne?
3. Where did Gertrude often spend the summer months?
4. At what age did Gertrude attempt to write a Shakespearean drama?
5. How did Alfy describe Paris after the battle of the Marne?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)