|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Picasso when he painted the portrait of Gertrude Stein?
2. Where was Gertrude Stein born?
3. Stein had a weakness for what types of objects?
4. Where had the relatives been living?
5. Gertrude had a large number of photographs depicting what historical event?
(a) San Francisco fire
(b) Civil War
(c) Washington crossing the Delaware
(d) Signing of the Declaration Of Independence
Short Answer Questions
1. What publication published Gertrude's paper?
2. How old was Matisse when he received the first large offer from the spring salon?
3. What was the name of the picture dealer in Paris that handled Cézanne's work?
4. What was the name of Stein's1,000-page book?
5. Gertrude won an award for describing what object?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)