|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alice's grandmother was very fond of __________________.
(c) The ocean
2. Gertrude Stein's brother had a fondness for what type of art?
3. What event caused Alice to lapse with her music?
(a) San Francisco fire
(b) Her mother's death
4. What was the name of Stein's1,000-page book?
(a) The Making of Americans
(b) Three Lives
(c) A Room of One's Own
(d) Catcher in the Rye
5. What present did Stein give to Picasso?
(a) Homemade baguettes
(b) American newspapers
(c) Painter's palette
(d) Wooden easel
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity did Stein partake in every afternoon?
2. What does Stein feel in regard to intellectual people?
3. What did Mrs. Stein bring to California?
4. Which of these things was not part of Gertrude's childhood memory in California?
5. While in medical school, Gertrude was well-known for...
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)