|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What present did Stein give to Picasso?
(a) Painter's palette
(b) American newspapers
(c) Wooden easel
(d) Homemade baguettes
2. Where was Stein's first European residence?
3. What nationality flooded the rue de Fleurus?
4. What author did Alice most admire?
(a) Thomas Hardy
(b) Gertrude Stein
(c) T.S. Eliot
(d) Henry James
5. According to Matisse, Gertrude's world was a ________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Duret commented to an artist that there are two kinds of art. There is art, and then there is ___________________.
2. Which of these people is not on Alice's list of geniuses?
3. What was Alice's great passion?
4. Gertrude Stein's brother discovered what unknown artist at Sagot's gallery?
5. What was the name of the street where the Steins had an apartment?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)