|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in medical school, Gertrude was well-known for...
(a) cutting class
(b) being disrespectful to professors
(c) excelling in anatomy
(d) original scientific work
2. Where did Gertrude often spend the summer months?
(b) San Francisco
(c) the ocean
(d) house in the country
3. What nationality was Alice's father?
4. Duret commented to an artist that there are two kinds of art. There is art, and then there is ___________________.
(a) Cubist art
(b) pointless art
(c) official art
(d) commercial art
5. Gertrude Stein's brother discovered what unknown artist at Sagot's gallery?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Stein's1,000-page book?
2. Where did the Steins go when they returned to America?
3. Where was Gertrude Stein born?
4. What writer did Stein refer to as "the greatest of the Victorians?"
5. Some people thought Picasso resembled which famous American?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)