|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what comic was Picasso fond?
(b) Andy Capp
(c) Katzenjammer Kids
(d) Alley Oop
2. While in medical school, Gertrude was well-known for...
(a) excelling in anatomy
(b) original scientific work
(c) being disrespectful to professors
(d) cutting class
3. Who is John Lane?
4. To whom did Stein give her first novel for review?
(a) Marguerite Matisse
(b) Lewis Bromfield
(c) Alice B. Toklas
(d) Pablo Picasso
5. Gertrude Stein family is described in what book?
(a) Autobiography of Alice B. Toklas
(c) The Doppelgänger
(d) The Making of Americans
Short Answer Questions
1. Gertrude had no talent for what art form?
2. Which artist is not mentioned in Chapter 2?
3. Which of these things was not part of Gertrude's childhood memory in California?
4. How did Alfy describe Paris after the battle of the Marne?
5. What lessons did Alice want to receive?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)