|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is John Lane?
2. According to Matisse, Gertrude's world was a ________________.
3. What was the name of Stein's1,000-page book?
(a) Catcher in the Rye
(b) A Room of One's Own
(c) Three Lives
(d) The Making of Americans
4. What was the Stein's opinion of Dickens?
(a) she thought he was overrated
(b) she thought he was brilliant
(c) she thought he was frightening
(d) she thought he was without talent
5. What writer did Stein refer to as "the greatest of the Victorians?"
(a) Anthony Trollope
(b) Samuel Beckett
(c) Henry James
(d) Thomas Hardy
Short Answer Questions
1. Picasso painted a famous scene with friends gathered around what object?
2. To whom does Alice refer to as the third genius?
3. What was the name of the large exposition building?
4. Some people thought Picasso resembled which famous American?
5. What nationality was Picasso?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)