|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gertrude Stein family is described in what book?
(a) Autobiography of Alice B. Toklas
(c) The Doppelgänger
(d) The Making of Americans
2. What experiment did Gertrude perform and eventually write a paper about?
(a) psychology of an expatriate
(b) chemical reactions of sugar
(c) automatic writing
3. The German ship, Fangturm, sold what items to the Mediterranean ports?
(a) socks and shoes
(b) coffee and tea
(c) guns and ammo
(d) pins and needles
4. Where was Gertrude Stein born?
5. Where did the Whitehead lived before moving to London?
(a) San Francisco
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Stein family settle on the West Coast?
2. Who would supply the lessons to Alice?
3. What war preceded the first world war?
4. What writer did Stein refer to as "the greatest of the Victorians?"
5. Who taught Gertrude Stein, how to drive?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)