|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these things was not part of Gertrude's childhood memory in California?
(c) park rangers
(d) eucalyptus trees
2. According to Stein Germans lack what ability?
(a) common sense
(b) intelligent thought
3. What experiment did Gertrude perform and eventually write a paper about?
(b) automatic writing
(c) psychology of an expatriate
(d) chemical reactions of sugar
4. To whom does Alice refer to as the third genius?
(b) Alfred Whitehead
(c) William Cook
(d) Magritte Matisse
5. What is a chronic problem in Paris?
Short Answer Questions
1. What publication published Gertrude's paper?
2. What war preceded the first world war?
3. Where was Stein's first European residence?
4. Of what comic was Picasso fond?
5. Where was Gertrude Stein born?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)