|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in medical school, Gertrude was well-known for...
(a) original scientific work
(b) cutting class
(c) excelling in anatomy
(d) being disrespectful to professors
2. What writer did Stein refer to as "the greatest of the Victorians?"
(a) Thomas Hardy
(b) Samuel Beckett
(c) Anthony Trollope
(d) Henry James
3. What item was not taken by Stein when visiting a military area?
(a) French matriculation papers
(c) driver's license
(d) bank deposit slip
4. What object was often taken to the cinema with Germaine Pichot?
(c) bottles of wine
(d) armed bodyguards
5. At what age did Gertrude attempt to write a Shakespearean drama?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Alfy describe Paris after the battle of the Marne?
2. To whom did Stein give her first novel for review?
3. Who would supply the lessons to Alice?
4. What was the name of Stein's first publisher?
5. What area of Paris is popular with artists?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)