1. Where was Alice B. Toklas born?
(a) New York
(c) San Francisco
(d) San Antonio
2. What is difficult for Alice to find?
(b) Sheet music
(d) Temperate climate
3. What year did Alice's grandfather go to California?
4. Alice's grandmother was very fond of __________________.
(a) The ocean
5. What nationality was Alice's father?
6. What was Alice's mother's name?
7. Alice's relative raised a regiment for whom?
8. What military position did Alice's great-great-uncle hold?
9. Which of these things is not among Alice's hobbies?
10. What was Alice's great passion?
11. At what age did Alice develop a love of literature?
12. What author did Alice most admire?
(a) Thomas Hardy
(b) Gertrude Stein
(c) Henry James
(d) T.S. Eliot
13. What was the name of Alice's favorite book?
(a) Ada in Geography
(b) Wuthering Heights
(c) Mansfield Park
(d) The Awkward Age
This section contains 2,883 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)