Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter 1 Abstract
* Alice B. Toklas is born in San Francisco.
Chapter 2 Abstract
* As a young girl, Alice studies music.
Chapter 3 Abstract
* Alice's mother dies.
Chapter 4 Abstract
* In Alice's teen years, literature becomes her passion.
Chapter 5 Abstract
* Alice meets Gertrude Stein's brother and sister-in-law.
Chapter 6 Abstract
* Alice arrives in Paris in 1907.
* Alice meets Helene, Stein's housekeeper.
Chapter 7 Abstract
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)