|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Casey find when she wakes up Friday morning?
2. What does Casey learn from the QAR that suggests pilot error?
3. What does Casey tell Reardon about the official Flight 545 Report?
4. Who is the first person Jennifer Malone interviews?
5. After speaking with the audio technician, what does Casey confirm about the sound at the beginning of the video she found in the cockpit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Casey find it strange that Richman is already at work when she arrives Thursday morning?
2. Explain how Marder acts during his interview with Jennifer Malone.
3. How does Malone react when the test pilot starts to reenact the incident on Flight 545?
4. Why will making a deal with Korea ultimately be the end of Norton?
5. What does Edgarton tell Casey when he calls her after the final report is released?
6. How does Malone's boss react to the information that a faulty part, followed by pilot error, caused the incident on Flight 545?
7. Explain the interview between Jennifer Malone and Barker.
8. How does Casey respond during the interview when asked about the preliminary report?
9. How does Teddy show Malone the idea of slat deployment causing the incident in Flight 545 is not correct?
10. How does Malone's reporter, Marty Reardon feel about Barker?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Detail the chain of events that cause the trouble on Flight 545 beginning with the faulty part. Include who is at fault at each part in the chain of events.
Essay Topic 2
Malone determines to get a story but it does not happen.
Part 1) Describe why Malone insists on being on the test flight and how Casey reacted.
Part 2) Describe what happens on the flight that made Malone attack Casey upon landing.
Part 3) Describe the results, for Malone, of what Casey reveals on the test flight.
Essay Topic 3
Casey learns many things from the QAR. Discuss the four main things she learns and how they will affect her investigation into flight 545.
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)