|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Casey receives the magazine Wednesday's fax is taken from, what does she see?
2. What is Casey warned about concerning Marty Reardon?
3. What proof does Casey offer Malone concerning what happened on Flight 545?
4. How does Barker act in front of the cameras?
5. What does Malone obtain on Friday that surprises everyone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the telex from Vancouver stating that John Chang has died a significant piece of information?
2. What does Malone insist on doing Saturday morning at Norton?
3. Describe the interaction between Casey and the woman in accounting who translates the video for her.
4. How does Casey respond during the interview when asked about the preliminary report?
5. What does Casey explain to Malone about the flight manifest?
6. How does Marder explain what was done about the slat deployment problem to Jennifer Malone?
7. Explain the confrontation between Richman and Casey.
8. What is Casey told to say to Jennifer Malone in her Friday morning interview and why?
9. Explain how Casey feels when she wakes up the morning after her fall in the hanger.
10. What does Malone do at Norton's Test Facility in Arizona?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The plane itself if used by the author as a type of character in the book. Describe three aspects of the plane and what each part of the plane has to do with the investigation into the troubled flight.
Essay Topic 2
Choose three of the following characters and describe in detail their role in the investigation into Flight 545: Casey, Teddy, Malone, the woman from accounting, the video technician, Marder, Richman, and Edgarton.
Essay Topic 3
Marty Reardon is a hard-hitting reporter that works for Jennifer Malone.
Part 1) Describe Marty's interview with Barker and what it confirms about the investigation.
Part 2) Describe Marty's interview with Casey and what it confirms about the investigation.
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)