|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Casey be doing at Norton on Saturday that Jennifer Malone insists on being a part of?
2. When Casey receives the magazine Wednesday's fax is taken from, what does she see?
3. How does Jack Rogers act in front of the cameras?
4. What happens to Malone as the pilot is reenacting what took place on Flight 545?
5. What does Marder tell Jennifer Malone about the slat deployment issue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Edgarton tell Casey when he calls her after the final report is released?
2. How does Malone's reporter, Marty Reardon feel about Barker?
3. What does Casey explain to Malone about the flight manifest?
4. Explain what happens when Casey goes to pick up the video from the technician.
5. What is the end result for Malone, Richman, and Marder?
6. When Casey is leaving Thursday evening, what does she discover that causes her to return to her office?
7. How does Marder explain what was done about the slat deployment problem to Jennifer Malone?
8. Why is the telex from Vancouver stating that John Chang has died a significant piece of information?
9. Describe the interview between Reardon and Casey.
10. What concerns Casey as she reviews the transcript between the pilot and the flight control at LAX as Flight 545 was making a landing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Marty Reardon is a hard-hitting reporter that works for Jennifer Malone.
Part 1) Describe Marty's interview with Barker and what it confirms about the investigation.
Part 2) Describe Marty's interview with Casey and what it confirms about the investigation.
Essay Topic 2
The interviews Jennifer Malone conducts are a crucial turning point in the story. Describe the people Jennifer interviews, the reason why she interviews them and their role with Norton.
Essay Topic 3
Jennifer Malone is a producer who is sure there is an interesting story about what happened on Flight 545. Describe what information Jennifer collected, who she collected it from, and whether or not the information was true. If it was false, tell what the truth is.
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)