|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one of the secretaries at Norton want to do with the video tape?
2. Casey learns it will take how long to recreate the events on Flight 545 using the information from the flight data recorder?
3. What does Casey remind the technician of when she takes the video tape from him?
4. What safety precaution is Malone unhappy about on the plane?
5. When Casey views the video in slow motion, what does she finally see clearly?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Casey feels when she wakes up the morning after her fall in the hanger.
2. How does Casey respond during the interview when asked about the preliminary report?
3. How does Malone's reporter, Marty Reardon feel about Barker?
4. Explain the interview between Jennifer Malone and Barker.
5. What does Casey learn from the QAR after Wong hooks it up to his computer?
6. What does Edgarton tell Casey when he calls her after the final report is released?
7. How does Malone's boss react to the information that a faulty part, followed by pilot error, caused the incident on Flight 545?
8. What concerns Casey as she reviews the transcript between the pilot and the flight control at LAX as Flight 545 was making a landing?
9. Explain what happens Thursday night when Casey goes to the N-22.
10. Explain how Marder acts during his interview with Jennifer Malone.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose your favorite hero and your favorite villain from Airframe. Describe the characters, what makes them a hero or a villain, and what happens to the character at the end of the book.
Essay Topic 2
Detail the chain of events that cause the trouble on Flight 545 beginning with the faulty part. Include who is at fault at each part in the chain of events.
Essay Topic 3
The interviews Jennifer Malone conducts are a crucial turning point in the story. Describe the people Jennifer interviews, the reason why she interviews them and their role with Norton.
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)