|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Reardon believe Norton is hiding the video footage from the cockpit?
2. What happens to Marder?
3. Who is Marty Reardon?
4. Who is already at work when Casey arrives early Thursday morning?
5. To get him away from the office on Thursday morning, what errand does Casey send Richman on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What concerns Casey as she reviews the transcript between the pilot and the flight control at LAX as Flight 545 was making a landing?
2. Explain how Marder acts during his interview with Jennifer Malone.
3. Explain the interview between Jennifer Malone and Barker.
4. How does Malone react when the test pilot starts to reenact the incident on Flight 545?
5. Explain how Casey feels when she wakes up the morning after her fall in the hanger.
6. Explain what happens Thursday night when Casey goes to the N-22.
7. Explain what happens when Casey goes to pick up the video from the technician.
8. Describe the interaction between Casey and the woman in accounting who translates the video for her.
9. How does Teddy show Malone the idea of slat deployment causing the incident in Flight 545 is not correct?
10. What does Edgarton tell Casey when he calls her after the final report is released?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Casey ends the interview with Reardon, surprising everyone.
Part 1) Describe how Casey ends the interview with Reardon and why it is surprising.
Part 2) Describe Casey's plan for Saturday and if her plan goes smoothly, what it will reveal about Flight 545.
Essay Topic 2
The video tape Casey found in the cockpit will play a central role in determining what happened on the flight.
Part 1) Describe what Casey hopes she can find out from the video.
Part 2) Describe what Casey is doing to better understand what is happening on the video.
Essay Topic 3
Casey is learning a lot about what happened on Flight 545 by using a variety of resources.
Part 1) Detail what Casey learned about Flight 545 from the Flight Simulator.
Part 2) Detail what Casey learned about Flight 545 from the Flight Data Recorder and the report it produced.
Part 3) Detail what Casey learned about Flight 545 from Amos and her investigation based on his conclusions.
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)