|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the interview between Jennifer Malone and Marder take place?
2. What is determined as the final cause of the incident on Flight 545?
3. What will Casey be doing at Norton on Saturday that Jennifer Malone insists on being a part of?
4. What does Casey tell Malone the events on Flight 545 began with?
5. The morning of the interview with Jennifer Malone, when does Casey arrive at Norton?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Casey is leaving Thursday evening, what does she discover that causes her to return to her office?
2. How does Teddy show Malone the idea of slat deployment causing the incident in Flight 545 is not correct?
3. Explain how Casey feels when she wakes up the morning after her fall in the hanger.
4. What does Edgarton tell Casey when he calls her after the final report is released?
5. How does Malone react when the test pilot starts to reenact the incident on Flight 545?
6. Why does Casey find it strange that Richman is already at work when she arrives Thursday morning?
7. Explain the confrontation between Richman and Casey.
8. What concerns Casey as she reviews the transcript between the pilot and the flight control at LAX as Flight 545 was making a landing?
9. How does Malone's reporter, Marty Reardon feel about Barker?
10. Explain how Marder acts during his interview with Jennifer Malone.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The interviews Jennifer Malone conducts are a crucial turning point in the story. Describe the people Jennifer interviews, the reason why she interviews them and their role with Norton.
Essay Topic 2
The video tape Casey found in the cockpit will play a central role in determining what happened on the flight.
Part 1) Describe what Casey hopes she can find out from the video.
Part 2) Describe what Casey is doing to better understand what is happening on the video.
Essay Topic 3
Marty Reardon is a hard-hitting reporter that works for Jennifer Malone.
Part 1) Describe Marty's interview with Barker and what it confirms about the investigation.
Part 2) Describe Marty's interview with Casey and what it confirms about the investigation.
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)