|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marder do concerning the Newsline interview just to fluster Casey?
2. When Casey talks to the woman in accounting who translated the cockpit video, how does the woman respond?
3. To get him away from the office on Thursday morning, what errand does Casey send Richman on?
4. How does Jack Rogers answer questions during his interview with Jennifer Malone?
5. What does Marder tell Casey she needs to do on Friday morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What concerns Casey as she reviews the transcript between the pilot and the flight control at LAX as Flight 545 was making a landing?
2. What does Casey learn when she calls the simulation department on Thursday?
3. How does Malone's reporter, Marty Reardon feel about Barker?
4. Explain what happens when Casey goes to pick up the video from the technician.
5. How does Malone's boss react to the information that a faulty part, followed by pilot error, caused the incident on Flight 545?
6. What does Casey show and tell Malone concerning the pilot from Flight 545?
7. Explain how Casey feels when she wakes up the morning after her fall in the hanger.
8. What does Casey explain to Malone about the flight manifest?
9. Describe the interview between Reardon and Casey.
10. What does Malone do at Norton's Test Facility in Arizona?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose your favorite hero and your favorite villain from Airframe. Describe the characters, what makes them a hero or a villain, and what happens to the character at the end of the book.
Essay Topic 2
The video tape Casey found in the cockpit will play a central role in determining what happened on the flight.
Part 1) Describe what Casey hopes she can find out from the video.
Part 2) Describe what Casey is doing to better understand what is happening on the video.
Essay Topic 3
The plane itself if used by the author as a type of character in the book. Describe three aspects of the plane and what each part of the plane has to do with the investigation into the troubled flight.
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)