|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Reardon believe Norton is hiding the video footage from the cockpit?
2. What does Casey find when she wakes up Friday morning?
3. Who secretly follows Casey to the N-22 from Flight 545 Thursday night?
4. When Casey views the video in slow motion, what does she finally see clearly?
5. How does Marder react to Jennifer Malone's questions?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Edgarton tell Casey when he calls her after the final report is released?
2. Explain the confrontation between Richman and Casey.
3. Explain what happens when Casey goes to pick up the video from the technician.
4. How does Malone's boss react to the information that a faulty part, followed by pilot error, caused the incident on Flight 545?
5. What does Casey learn when she calls the simulation department on Thursday?
6. Describe the interaction between Casey and the woman in accounting who translates the video for her.
7. Explain what happens Thursday night when Casey goes to the N-22.
8. How does Teddy show Malone the idea of slat deployment causing the incident in Flight 545 is not correct?
9. Describe the chain of events that caused the incident on Flight 545.
10. What concerns Casey as she reviews the transcript between the pilot and the flight control at LAX as Flight 545 was making a landing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The interviews Jennifer Malone conducts are a crucial turning point in the story. Describe the people Jennifer interviews, the reason why she interviews them and their role with Norton.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Marder is pushing Casey to the forefront of the investigation and the press's interest in the case. Describe how this is good for Marder but could be bad for Casey. Be sure to answer the questions: Why isn't Marder using the press department of Norton but using Casey instead? What does Marder promise Casey when the investigation is over?
Essay Topic 3
Casey is learning a lot about what happened on Flight 545 by using a variety of resources.
Part 1) Detail what Casey learned about Flight 545 from the Flight Simulator.
Part 2) Detail what Casey learned about Flight 545 from the Flight Data Recorder and the report it produced.
Part 3) Detail what Casey learned about Flight 545 from Amos and her investigation based on his conclusions.
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)