|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is already at work when Casey arrives early Thursday morning?
2. What decision is made about Malone's story?
3. What does Marder tell Casey to say during her Friday morning interview with Jennifer Malone?
4. What is Casey told during a phone call from Vancouver?
5. The morning of the interview with Jennifer Malone, when does Casey arrive at Norton?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Malone's boss react to the information that a faulty part, followed by pilot error, caused the incident on Flight 545?
2. Explain the interview between Jennifer Malone and Barker.
3. Describe the interview between Reardon and Casey.
4. Why is the telex from Vancouver stating that John Chang has died a significant piece of information?
5. How does Marder explain what was done about the slat deployment problem to Jennifer Malone?
6. Why will making a deal with Korea ultimately be the end of Norton?
7. What is the end result for Malone, Richman, and Marder?
8. Explain how Casey feels when she wakes up the morning after her fall in the hanger.
9. How does Teddy show Malone the idea of slat deployment causing the incident in Flight 545 is not correct?
10. Explain how Marder acts during his interview with Jennifer Malone.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Foreshadowing is used in the first section of Airframe. Give three examples of foreshadowing and how it is used to point towards events that are to come.
Essay Topic 2
Malone determines to get a story but it does not happen.
Part 1) Describe why Malone insists on being on the test flight and how Casey reacted.
Part 2) Describe what happens on the flight that made Malone attack Casey upon landing.
Part 3) Describe the results, for Malone, of what Casey reveals on the test flight.
Essay Topic 3
Jack Rogers is a small time reporter but still big enough to cause an upset at Norton if word gets out about Flight 545. Describe Casey's meeting with Jack Rogers and what Rogers tells her about Marder and Edgarton. Conclude your essay by including an explanation of why Rogers could potentially be dangerous to the progress at Norton.
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)