|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was mistakenly put into the press packets that Reardon surprises Casey with during the interview?
2. What decision is made about Malone's story?
3. How does Jack Rogers act in front of the cameras?
4. What happens when the pilot deploys the slats mid flight?
5. Why does Reardon believe Norton is hiding the video footage from the cockpit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Casey told to say to Jennifer Malone in her Friday morning interview and why?
2. Describe the chain of events that caused the incident on Flight 545.
3. What does Edgarton tell Casey when he calls her after the final report is released?
4. When Casey is leaving Thursday evening, what does she discover that causes her to return to her office?
5. What concerns Casey as she reviews the transcript between the pilot and the flight control at LAX as Flight 545 was making a landing?
6. Why is the telex from Vancouver stating that John Chang has died a significant piece of information?
7. Why doesn't Casey find out what the accountant was able to translate from the video tape on Thursday?
8. Explain how Marder acts during his interview with Jennifer Malone.
9. Describe the interaction between Casey and the woman in accounting who translates the video for her.
10. Explain what happens Thursday night when Casey goes to the N-22.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
On Friday, Bob Richman reveals his real purpose for being at Norton. Describe what his reason is, the plan Marder and Richman came up with, and why the plan will devastate Norton.
Essay Topic 2
Casey ends the interview with Reardon, surprising everyone.
Part 1) Describe how Casey ends the interview with Reardon and why it is surprising.
Part 2) Describe Casey's plan for Saturday and if her plan goes smoothly, what it will reveal about Flight 545.
Essay Topic 3
Choose three of the following characters and describe in detail their role in the investigation into Flight 545: Casey, Teddy, Malone, the woman from accounting, the video technician, Marder, Richman, and Edgarton.
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)