|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision is made about Malone's story?
2. Who secretly follows Casey to the N-22 from Flight 545 Thursday night?
3. When Casey arrives at Norton Friday morning, how many hours does she have until the interview?
4. What does Casey do when asked about the preliminary report during the interview?
5. When Casey talks to the woman in accounting who translated the cockpit video, how does the woman respond?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Casey learn when she calls the simulation department on Thursday?
2. Why is the telex from Vancouver stating that John Chang has died a significant piece of information?
3. Explain how Marder acts during his interview with Jennifer Malone.
4. What is the end result for Malone, Richman, and Marder?
5. What does Casey explain to Malone about the flight manifest?
6. Why doesn't Casey find out what the accountant was able to translate from the video tape on Thursday?
7. What does Malone do at Norton's Test Facility in Arizona?
8. How does Marder explain what was done about the slat deployment problem to Jennifer Malone?
9. Explain what happens Thursday night when Casey goes to the N-22.
10. Explain the interview between Jennifer Malone and Barker.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Casey is introduced as one of the central characters in the book. The majority of the investigation and the future of Norton Aircraft rest on her solving of the troubled plane mystery.
Part 1) Describe what you know about Casey personally and professionally.
Part 2) Describe how Casey gathers information from other characters to move forward in her investigation. Cite examples from the book.
Part 3) Describe how Casey uses her own instincts and ideas to conduct the investigation. Cite examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
The plane itself if used by the author as a type of character in the book. Describe three aspects of the plane and what each part of the plane has to do with the investigation into the troubled flight.
Essay Topic 3
Jennifer Malone is a producer who is sure there is an interesting story about what happened on Flight 545. Describe what information Jennifer collected, who she collected it from, and whether or not the information was true. If it was false, tell what the truth is.
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)