|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reardon begin questioning early in the interview?
2. Where does the interview between Jennifer Malone and Marder take place?
3. What happens to Casey after the investigation is final?
4. Casey learns it will take how long to recreate the events on Flight 545 using the information from the flight data recorder?
5. Who has to sign a document stating that information gained from the test flight was not obtained by a Norton employee?
Short Essay Questions
1. What concerns Casey as she reviews the transcript between the pilot and the flight control at LAX as Flight 545 was making a landing?
2. Why will making a deal with Korea ultimately be the end of Norton?
3. What does Malone do at Norton's Test Facility in Arizona?
4. What does Casey learn from the QAR after Wong hooks it up to his computer?
5. Explain how Casey feels when she wakes up the morning after her fall in the hanger.
6. Explain the interview between Jennifer Malone and Barker.
7. Explain what happens Thursday night when Casey goes to the N-22.
8. How does Marder explain what was done about the slat deployment problem to Jennifer Malone?
9. Why is the telex from Vancouver stating that John Chang has died a significant piece of information?
10. Why does Casey find it strange that Richman is already at work when she arrives Thursday morning?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose your favorite hero and your favorite villain from Airframe. Describe the characters, what makes them a hero or a villain, and what happens to the character at the end of the book.
Essay Topic 2
Casey ends the interview with Reardon, surprising everyone.
Part 1) Describe how Casey ends the interview with Reardon and why it is surprising.
Part 2) Describe Casey's plan for Saturday and if her plan goes smoothly, what it will reveal about Flight 545.
Essay Topic 3
When Casey is in the elevator to go home, she changes her mind and goes back to work.
Part 1) Describe what is in the report Casey is viewing in the elevator that makes her go back to work.
Part 2) Describe what happens when Casey goes to the hanger to follow the lead she found while in the elevator.
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)