|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lie does Barker tell about Norton during his interview with Jennifer Malone?
2. Who reveals to Casey that if the China deal falls through, a back-up deal has been made with Korea?
3. Casey learns it will take how long to recreate the events on Flight 545 using the information from the flight data recorder?
4. How long does the plane have to fly before the test pilot can simulate the serious of events that happened on Flight 545?
5. What does Casey learn from the QAR about Flight 545 that left it vulnerable to breaking apart in flight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What concerns Casey as she reviews the transcript between the pilot and the flight control at LAX as Flight 545 was making a landing?
2. Explain what happens Thursday night when Casey goes to the N-22.
3. How does Marder explain what was done about the slat deployment problem to Jennifer Malone?
4. Why does Casey find it strange that Richman is already at work when she arrives Thursday morning?
5. Explain the interview between Jennifer Malone and Barker.
6. What does Casey explain to Malone about the flight manifest?
7. Why doesn't Casey find out what the accountant was able to translate from the video tape on Thursday?
8. What does Edgarton tell Casey when he calls her after the final report is released?
9. Describe the chain of events that caused the incident on Flight 545.
10. How does Malone react when the test pilot starts to reenact the incident on Flight 545?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jennifer Malone is a producer who is sure there is an interesting story about what happened on Flight 545. Describe what information Jennifer collected, who she collected it from, and whether or not the information was true. If it was false, tell what the truth is.
Essay Topic 2
The plane itself if used by the author as a type of character in the book. Describe three aspects of the plane and what each part of the plane has to do with the investigation into the troubled flight.
Essay Topic 3
Casey learns many things from the QAR. Discuss the four main things she learns and how they will affect her investigation into flight 545.
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)