|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the biggest deal in its history, Norton Aircraft is about to sell how many of the same type of plane involved in the troubled flight?
2. What does Casey ask the video store technician to do to the video from the cockpit?
3. What do Casey and Kenny Burne find as they further investigate the N-22 from Flight 545?
4. How does Casey get down from the top of the plane?
5. How many people died on the troubled flight being investigated by Norton Aircraft?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Casey and Bob Richman board the N-22 what do they observe?
2. Why is Casey called to a television, and why does what she sees worry her?
3. Explain what happens while Casey and the investigative team are out to lunch on Wednesday.
4. Why does Casey believe Marder has ordered security to watch her house?
5. What are the various recorders on the plane that Casey hopes to gain information from?
6. Explain what the JAA press release says.
7. Explain what happened to the young American parents and their infant daughter during the troubled flight.
8. What does Casey learn during her run in with the president of the local worker's union Don Brull?
9. What does the DC-10 incident have to do with the N-22 investigation?
10. Why is uncommanded slat deployment thought to be a possibility for the trouble experienced on the flight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Casey is learning a lot about what happened on Flight 545 by using a variety of resources.
Part 1) Detail what Casey learned about Flight 545 from the Flight Simulator.
Part 2) Detail what Casey learned about Flight 545 from the Flight Data Recorder and the report it produced.
Part 3) Detail what Casey learned about Flight 545 from Amos and her investigation based on his conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Marder is pushing Casey to the forefront of the investigation and the press's interest in the case. Describe how this is good for Marder but could be bad for Casey. Be sure to answer the questions: Why isn't Marder using the press department of Norton but using Casey instead? What does Marder promise Casey when the investigation is over?
Essay Topic 3
Jack Rogers is a small time reporter but still big enough to cause an upset at Norton if word gets out about Flight 545. Describe Casey's meeting with Jack Rogers and what Rogers tells her about Marder and Edgarton. Conclude your essay by including an explanation of why Rogers could potentially be dangerous to the progress at Norton.
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)