|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Bob Richman give Casey when she confronts him about his time away when he was working in marketing?
2. What do Casey and Kenny Burne find as they further investigate the N-22 from Flight 545?
3. Which one is not a possibility for the cause of the trouble with the flight?
4. Why does Casey take a copy of the tape to the audio interpretation lab?
5. What does Casey learn about the Flight Data Recorder?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what the JAA press release says.
2. Why is Felix, the man in charge of Flight Simulations, so sure that slats could not have been the cause of the problem on Flight 545?
3. What does Casey Singleton learn about the troubled flight in the morning debriefing meeting at Norton Aircraft?
4. What are the various recorders on the plane that Casey hopes to gain information from?
5. Explain why Casey ends up on top of an airplane that is being constructed in one of Norton's hangers.
6. What does Casey learn during her run in with the president of the local worker's union Don Brull?
7. Explain what happened to the young American parents and their infant daughter during the troubled flight.
8. What does Casey discover as she studies sheets of data from the faulty data recorder?
9. Why is there a strange car parked outside of Casey's home?
10. Why does Casey believe Marder has ordered security to watch her house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Casey learns many things from the QAR. Discuss the four main things she learns and how they will affect her investigation into flight 545.
Essay Topic 2
Detail the chain of events that cause the trouble on Flight 545 beginning with the faulty part. Include who is at fault at each part in the chain of events.
Essay Topic 3
Malone determines to get a story but it does not happen.
Part 1) Describe why Malone insists on being on the test flight and how Casey reacted.
Part 2) Describe what happens on the flight that made Malone attack Casey upon landing.
Part 3) Describe the results, for Malone, of what Casey reveals on the test flight.
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)