|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the N-22 does Casey want to tear apart but can't because of time restrictions?
2. Why hasn't Casey spoken with the pilot and co-pilots from Flight 545?
3. If Jennifer goes forward with her report, who does she want as one of the central figures?
4. What reason does the pilot of the troubled flight give for the plane's problems?
5. What makes Casey rule out turbulence as the cause of the troubled flight before she even inspects the aircraft?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Casey notice about the pilot while listening to the taped conversations between the pilot and air traffic controllers, and why is this surprising?
2. Explain what happens while Casey and the investigative team are out to lunch on Wednesday.
3. What does Casey discover as she studies sheets of data from the faulty data recorder?
4. What does Casey learn during her run in with the president of the local worker's union Don Brull?
5. Explain what the JAA press release says.
6. Explain why Casey ends up on top of an airplane that is being constructed in one of Norton's hangers.
7. When Casey and Bob Richman board the N-22 what do they observe?
8. Why is uncommanded slat deployment thought to be a possibility for the trouble experienced on the flight?
9. What does Casey Singleton learn about the troubled flight in the morning debriefing meeting at Norton Aircraft?
10. What does Casey do once she gets home Wednesday night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose your favorite hero and your favorite villain from Airframe. Describe the characters, what makes them a hero or a villain, and what happens to the character at the end of the book.
Essay Topic 2
On Friday, Bob Richman reveals his real purpose for being at Norton. Describe what his reason is, the plan Marder and Richman came up with, and why the plan will devastate Norton.
Essay Topic 3
Describe in detail what happens on the flight test from take off to landing. Be sure to detail the characters' reactions to what is taking place.
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)