|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one is not a possibility for the cause of the trouble with the flight?
2. What does Casey learn about the Flight Data Recorder?
3. What is the purpose of a locking pin?
4. How many people died on the troubled flight being investigated by Norton Aircraft?
5. What are the workers doing to show their displeasure at the work being sent to China?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does John Marder call Casey late Wednesday night?
2. Why does Casey's secretary Norma tell Casey to be careful around Richman?
3. What does the corrupt data from the Flight Data Recorder mean?
4. What does Casey discover as she studies sheets of data from the faulty data recorder?
5. What does Casey notice about the pilot while listening to the taped conversations between the pilot and air traffic controllers, and why is this surprising?
6. Explain what happens while Casey and the investigative team are out to lunch on Wednesday.
7. What does the DC-10 incident have to do with the N-22 investigation?
8. What are the various recorders on the plane that Casey hopes to gain information from?
9. Why is uncommanded slat deployment thought to be a possibility for the trouble experienced on the flight?
10. What does Casey do with the video she found in the cockpit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Casey is introduced as one of the central characters in the book. The majority of the investigation and the future of Norton Aircraft rest on her solving of the troubled plane mystery.
Part 1) Describe what you know about Casey personally and professionally.
Part 2) Describe how Casey gathers information from other characters to move forward in her investigation. Cite examples from the book.
Part 3) Describe how Casey uses her own instincts and ideas to conduct the investigation. Cite examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
The video tape Casey found in the cockpit will play a central role in determining what happened on the flight.
Part 1) Describe what Casey hopes she can find out from the video.
Part 2) Describe what Casey is doing to better understand what is happening on the video.
Essay Topic 3
When Casey is in the elevator to go home, she changes her mind and goes back to work.
Part 1) Describe what is in the report Casey is viewing in the elevator that makes her go back to work.
Part 2) Describe what happens when Casey goes to the hanger to follow the lead she found while in the elevator.
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)