|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Casey decide to view the video from the camera she found in the cockpit?
2. According to Casey and her team, what would have stopped if autopilot had taken over properly?
3. While inspecting the plane, what does Casey see stuck in an overhead compartment?
4. Why is Jennifer Malone looking for a new story?
5. Who does Casey say usually knows everything going on at Norton Aircraft?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the various recorders on the plane that Casey hopes to gain information from?
2. Why does the air traffic controller call his boss?
3. What does Malone insist on doing Saturday morning at Norton?
4. Describe the interaction between Casey and the woman in accounting who translates the video for her.
5. Explain what happens when Casey goes to pick up the video from the technician.
6. When Casey is leaving Thursday evening, what does she discover that causes her to return to her office?
7. How does Malone react when the test pilot starts to reenact the incident on Flight 545?
8. Why doesn't Casey find out what the accountant was able to translate from the video tape on Thursday?
9. Explain what happens Thursday night when Casey goes to the N-22.
10. What fax does Norma give to Casey and why?
Essay Topic 1
Foreshadowing is used in the first section of Airframe. Give three examples of foreshadowing and how it is used to point towards events that are to come.
Essay Topic 2
Casey is introduced as one of the central characters in the book. The majority of the investigation and the future of Norton Aircraft rest on her solving of the troubled plane mystery.
Part 1) Describe what you know about Casey personally and professionally.
Part 2) Describe how Casey gathers information from other characters to move forward in her investigation. Cite examples from the book.
Part 3) Describe how Casey uses her own instincts and ideas to conduct the investigation. Cite examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Describe in detail what happens on the flight test from take off to landing. Be sure to detail the characters' reactions to what is taking place.
This section contains 1,653 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)