|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Casey tell Jack Rogers about the N-22?
2. Why does Casey climb a plane that is being constructed?
3. A profitable deal with what country is pending, until the findings of the troubled flight are revealed?
4. While inspecting the plane what does Casey see on nearly every surface?
5. When the flight began to experience trouble, what did a young married father drop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Casey learn during her run in with the president of the local worker's union Don Brull?
2. How does Malone's boss react to the information that a faulty part, followed by pilot error, caused the incident on Flight 545?
3. Why is there a strange car parked outside of Casey's home?
4. How does Teddy show Malone the idea of slat deployment causing the incident in Flight 545 is not correct?
5. What are the various recorders on the plane that Casey hopes to gain information from?
6. Describe the interview between Reardon and Casey.
7. Explain what the JAA press release says.
8. Who does Casey give the two additional copies of the video from the cockpit to and why?
9. What concerns Casey as she reviews the transcript between the pilot and the flight control at LAX as Flight 545 was making a landing?
10. What does Casey show and tell Malone concerning the pilot from Flight 545?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Detail the chain of events that cause the trouble on Flight 545 beginning with the faulty part. Include who is at fault at each part in the chain of events.
Essay Topic 2
Choose your favorite hero and your favorite villain from Airframe. Describe the characters, what makes them a hero or a villain, and what happens to the character at the end of the book.
Essay Topic 3
Malone determines to get a story but it does not happen.
Part 1) Describe why Malone insists on being on the test flight and how Casey reacted.
Part 2) Describe what happens on the flight that made Malone attack Casey upon landing.
Part 3) Describe the results, for Malone, of what Casey reveals on the test flight.
This section contains 1,664 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)