Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Casey rule out pilot error as the cause of the troubled flight before she even inspects the aircraft?
2. How does Casey get down from the top of the plane?
3. When Casey first boards the damaged plane, what does she conclude is part of the problem?
4. Where does Casey decide to view the video from the camera she found in the cockpit?
5. Who is Teddy Rawley?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the confrontation between Richman and Casey.
2. What does Malone insist on doing Saturday morning at Norton?
3. What does Casey do with the video she found in the cockpit?
4. Why does Casey find it strange that Richman is already at work when she arrives Thursday morning?
5. Why will making a deal with Korea ultimately be the end of Norton?
6. Describe the interview between Reardon and Casey.
7. Why is Jennifer Malone trying to get a story about the N-22 incident?
8. When Casey is leaving Thursday evening, what does she discover that causes her to return to her office?
9. Explain what happens while Casey and the investigative team are out to lunch on Wednesday.
10. How does Malone's reporter, Marty Reardon feel about Barker?
Essay Topic 1
The plane itself if used by the author as a type of character in the book. Describe three aspects of the plane and what each part of the plane has to do with the investigation into the troubled flight.
Essay Topic 2
Describe in detail what happens on the flight test from take off to landing. Be sure to detail the characters' reactions to what is taking place.
Essay Topic 3
The locking pin is one of the smallest pieces of equipment on a plane, but it has a huge impact on how the plane functions and could be the key to solving what happened on Flight 545. Describe what the locking pin is, why Casey believes it is counterfeit, and trace the path of the original pin to the point when it was changed.
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)