|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the flight began to experience trouble, what did a young married father drop?
2. In reviewing the tapes between the pilot and air traffic control, what does Casey and her team notice about the pilot?
3. Norma gives Casey a fax of a magazine page with a picture of whom?
4. At a staff meeting at Norton Aircraft, which airframe does Casey learn is involved in the troubled flight?
5. While inspecting the plane, what does Casey see stuck in an overhead compartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the air traffic controller call his boss?
2. What are the various recorders on the plane that Casey hopes to gain information from?
3. Why is Felix, the man in charge of Flight Simulations, so sure that slats could not have been the cause of the problem on Flight 545?
4. Why is Jennifer Malone trying to get a story about the N-22 incident?
5. What does Casey find Bob Richman doing that further adds to her suspicions of him?
6. What does Casey notice about the pilot while listening to the taped conversations between the pilot and air traffic controllers, and why is this surprising?
7. What reason does Richman give for racking up so much travel time while working for the marketing department?
8. Explain the circumstances around the falling tool in the Norton hanger.
9. Why is Casey called to a television, and why does what she sees worry her?
10. What does the DC-10 incident have to do with the N-22 investigation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Malone determines to get a story but it does not happen.
Part 1) Describe why Malone insists on being on the test flight and how Casey reacted.
Part 2) Describe what happens on the flight that made Malone attack Casey upon landing.
Part 3) Describe the results, for Malone, of what Casey reveals on the test flight.
Essay Topic 2
The locking pin is one of the smallest pieces of equipment on a plane, but it has a huge impact on how the plane functions and could be the key to solving what happened on Flight 545. Describe what the locking pin is, why Casey believes it is counterfeit, and trace the path of the original pin to the point when it was changed.
Essay Topic 3
The plane itself if used by the author as a type of character in the book. Describe three aspects of the plane and what each part of the plane has to do with the investigation into the troubled flight.
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)