|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Casey and Kenny Burne find as they further investigate the N-22 from Flight 545?
2. What causes chaos when Casey is walking through hanger 64 with Richman?
3. What reason does the pilot of the troubled flight give for the plane's problems?
4. What makes Casey rule out turbulence as the cause of the troubled flight before she even inspects the aircraft?
5. What is JAA?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the meeting on Tuesday, what does Casey learn about the idea that turbulence caused the trouble on Flight 545?
2. Explain what the JAA press release says.
3. What does Casey do once she gets home Wednesday night?
4. Why is Felix, the man in charge of Flight Simulations, so sure that slats could not have been the cause of the problem on Flight 545?
5. Why does Casey's secretary Norma tell Casey to be careful around Richman?
6. What does Casey Singleton learn about the troubled flight in the morning debriefing meeting at Norton Aircraft?
7. Why is Jennifer Malone trying to get a story about the N-22 incident?
8. Explain what happened to the young American parents and their infant daughter during the troubled flight.
9. Explain the circumstances around the falling tool in the Norton hanger.
10. Who does Casey give the two additional copies of the video from the cockpit to and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The locking pin is one of the smallest pieces of equipment on a plane, but it has a huge impact on how the plane functions and could be the key to solving what happened on Flight 545. Describe what the locking pin is, why Casey believes it is counterfeit, and trace the path of the original pin to the point when it was changed.
Essay Topic 2
Detail the chain of events that cause the trouble on Flight 545 beginning with the faulty part. Include who is at fault at each part in the chain of events.
Essay Topic 3
Choose three of the following characters and describe in detail their role in the investigation into Flight 545: Casey, Teddy, Malone, the woman from accounting, the video technician, Marder, Richman, and Edgarton.
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)