|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one is not a possibility for the cause of the trouble with the flight?
2. Who tells Casey the pilot said the problem was caused by uncommanded slat deployment?
3. Why does Casey think Marder ordered security details for all those on the investigation team?
4. While inspecting the plane, what does Casey see stuck in an overhead compartment?
5. During the second phase of the investigation, what does Casey decide to focus on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Casey notice about the pilot while listening to the taped conversations between the pilot and air traffic controllers, and why is this surprising?
2. Explain what the JAA press release says.
3. What are the various recorders on the plane that Casey hopes to gain information from?
4. What does Casey do once she gets home Wednesday night?
5. Why is Jennifer Malone trying to get a story about the N-22 incident?
6. Why does Casey's secretary Norma tell Casey to be careful around Richman?
7. What does the DC-10 incident have to do with the N-22 investigation?
8. What does Casey find Bob Richman doing that further adds to her suspicions of him?
9. What does Casey do with the video she found in the cockpit?
10. Explain what happened to the young American parents and their infant daughter during the troubled flight.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Marty Reardon is a hard-hitting reporter that works for Jennifer Malone.
Part 1) Describe Marty's interview with Barker and what it confirms about the investigation.
Part 2) Describe Marty's interview with Casey and what it confirms about the investigation.
Essay Topic 2
The locking pin is one of the smallest pieces of equipment on a plane, but it has a huge impact on how the plane functions and could be the key to solving what happened on Flight 545. Describe what the locking pin is, why Casey believes it is counterfeit, and trace the path of the original pin to the point when it was changed.
Essay Topic 3
Casey is introduced as one of the central characters in the book. The majority of the investigation and the future of Norton Aircraft rest on her solving of the troubled plane mystery.
Part 1) Describe what you know about Casey personally and professionally.
Part 2) Describe how Casey gathers information from other characters to move forward in her investigation. Cite examples from the book.
Part 3) Describe how Casey uses her own instincts and ideas to conduct the investigation. Cite examples from the book.
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)