|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Casey feel may be the key to figuring out what happened on Flight 545?
2. Who tells Jennifer Malone Norton is having internal problems with their union?
3. What causes chaos when Casey is walking through hanger 64 with Richman?
4. In the morning meeting, Casey and the investigative team discuss a plane that never flew again because of one accident. What plane was this?
5. What does the JAA press release say?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Casey give the two additional copies of the video from the cockpit to and why?
2. Why does the air traffic controller call his boss?
3. What does Casey learn when she calls the simulation department on Thursday?
4. How does Malone's reporter, Marty Reardon feel about Barker?
5. Explain what happens when Casey goes to pick up the video from the technician.
6. Explain what happens Thursday night when Casey goes to the N-22.
7. Explain what happened to the young American parents and their infant daughter during the troubled flight.
8. What does Casey notice about the pilot while listening to the taped conversations between the pilot and air traffic controllers, and why is this surprising?
9. Why does Casey believe Marder has ordered security to watch her house?
10. What does Edgarton tell Casey when he calls her after the final report is released?
Essay Topic 1
Describe in detail what happens on the flight test from take off to landing. Be sure to detail the characters' reactions to what is taking place.
Essay Topic 2
The video tape Casey found in the cockpit will play a central role in determining what happened on the flight.
Part 1) Describe what Casey hopes she can find out from the video.
Part 2) Describe what Casey is doing to better understand what is happening on the video.
Essay Topic 3
Choose your favorite hero and your favorite villain from Airframe. Describe the characters, what makes them a hero or a villain, and what happens to the character at the end of the book.
This section contains 1,625 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)