|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Casey and her team, what would have stopped if autopilot had taken over properly?
2. How long had it been since the Norton Aircraft had had trouble with slat deployment?
3. Why does Casey think Marder ordered security details for all those on the investigation team?
4. Who does Casey send the Flight Data Recorder information to?
5. Where did the troubled flight leave from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Casey called to a television, and why does what she sees worry her?
2. Why is Jennifer Malone trying to get a story about the N-22 incident?
3. Explain the circumstances around the falling tool in the Norton hanger.
4. What does Casey do with the video she found in the cockpit?
5. Why does John Marder call Casey late Wednesday night?
6. Explain why Casey ends up on top of an airplane that is being constructed in one of Norton's hangers.
7. What does the DC-10 incident have to do with the N-22 investigation?
8. In the meeting on Tuesday, what does Casey learn about the idea that turbulence caused the trouble on Flight 545?
9. Explain what happened to the young American parents and their infant daughter during the troubled flight.
10. What does Casey notice about the pilot while listening to the taped conversations between the pilot and air traffic controllers, and why is this surprising?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jennifer Malone is a producer who is sure there is an interesting story about what happened on Flight 545. Describe what information Jennifer collected, who she collected it from, and whether or not the information was true. If it was false, tell what the truth is.
Essay Topic 2
Describe in detail what happens on the flight test from take off to landing. Be sure to detail the characters' reactions to what is taking place.
Essay Topic 3
When Casey is in the elevator to go home, she changes her mind and goes back to work.
Part 1) Describe what is in the report Casey is viewing in the elevator that makes her go back to work.
Part 2) Describe what happens when Casey goes to the hanger to follow the lead she found while in the elevator.
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)