|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the FAA official order the flight crew from the troubled flight to do?
2. Who does Casey send the Flight Data Recorder information to?
3. Why does Casey climb a plane that is being constructed?
4. When Casey first boards the damaged plane, what does she conclude is part of the problem?
5. Who does Casey say usually knows everything going on at Norton Aircraft?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what happens Thursday night when Casey goes to the N-22.
2. What does Edgarton tell Casey when he calls her after the final report is released?
3. How does Malone's boss react to the information that a faulty part, followed by pilot error, caused the incident on Flight 545?
4. Explain what the JAA press release says.
5. What concerns Casey as she reviews the transcript between the pilot and the flight control at LAX as Flight 545 was making a landing?
6. What does Malone do at Norton's Test Facility in Arizona?
7. Why does Casey find it strange that Richman is already at work when she arrives Thursday morning?
8. How does Malone react when the test pilot starts to reenact the incident on Flight 545?
9. Explain how Marder acts during his interview with Jennifer Malone.
10. Why is Casey called to a television, and why does what she sees worry her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jennifer Malone is a producer who is sure there is an interesting story about what happened on Flight 545. Describe what information Jennifer collected, who she collected it from, and whether or not the information was true. If it was false, tell what the truth is.
Essay Topic 2
Describe in detail what happens on the flight test from take off to landing. Be sure to detail the characters' reactions to what is taking place.
Essay Topic 3
On Friday, Bob Richman reveals his real purpose for being at Norton. Describe what his reason is, the plan Marder and Richman came up with, and why the plan will devastate Norton.
This section contains 1,611 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)