|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Jennifer goes forward with her report, who does she want as one of the central figures?
2. What does Casey learn about the Flight Data Recorder?
3. When Casey arrives at Norton Wednesday morning, what does Marder ask her to do?
4. When Casey runs into Don Brull, in addition to reminding her that the wing is going to China, what does he tell her about the wing tools?
5. What does the FAA official order the flight crew from the troubled flight to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Casey discover as she studies sheets of data from the faulty data recorder?
2. What does Casey do with the video she found in the cockpit?
3. What does Casey Singleton learn about the troubled flight in the morning debriefing meeting at Norton Aircraft?
4. What does Casey find Bob Richman doing that further adds to her suspicions of him?
5. Explain what happens while Casey and the investigative team are out to lunch on Wednesday.
6. What fax does Norma give to Casey and why?
7. Why does Casey believe Marder has ordered security to watch her house?
8. What does Casey learn during her run in with the president of the local worker's union Don Brull?
9. Why does Casey's secretary Norma tell Casey to be careful around Richman?
10. Explain why Casey ends up on top of an airplane that is being constructed in one of Norton's hangers.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The locking pin is one of the smallest pieces of equipment on a plane, but it has a huge impact on how the plane functions and could be the key to solving what happened on Flight 545. Describe what the locking pin is, why Casey believes it is counterfeit, and trace the path of the original pin to the point when it was changed.
Essay Topic 2
Casey ends the interview with Reardon, surprising everyone.
Part 1) Describe how Casey ends the interview with Reardon and why it is surprising.
Part 2) Describe Casey's plan for Saturday and if her plan goes smoothly, what it will reveal about Flight 545.
Essay Topic 3
The video tape Casey found in the cockpit will play a central role in determining what happened on the flight.
Part 1) Describe what Casey hopes she can find out from the video.
Part 2) Describe what Casey is doing to better understand what is happening on the video.
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)