|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After speaking with passengers, Casey thinks part of the problem may have been uncommanded slat deployment. Why would this be dangerous?
2. What does the JAA press release say?
3. Where did the pilot of the troubled flight make an emergency landing?
4. Who reports the plane's activity to the FAA?
5. What does Casey ask the video store technician to do to the video from the cockpit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the various recorders on the plane that Casey hopes to gain information from?
2. What fax does Norma give to Casey and why?
3. Why does Casey believe Marder has ordered security to watch her house?
4. Explain why Casey ends up on top of an airplane that is being constructed in one of Norton's hangers.
5. What does Norma learn about Richman that she shares with Casey?
6. Explain what happened to the young American parents and their infant daughter during the troubled flight.
7. What does Casey Singleton learn about the troubled flight in the morning debriefing meeting at Norton Aircraft?
8. Why does the air traffic controller call his boss?
9. In the meeting on Tuesday, what does Casey learn about the idea that turbulence caused the trouble on Flight 545?
10. What does Casey do once she gets home Wednesday night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The locking pin is one of the smallest pieces of equipment on a plane, but it has a huge impact on how the plane functions and could be the key to solving what happened on Flight 545. Describe what the locking pin is, why Casey believes it is counterfeit, and trace the path of the original pin to the point when it was changed.
Essay Topic 2
Describe in detail what happens on the flight test from take off to landing. Be sure to detail the characters' reactions to what is taking place.
Essay Topic 3
Marty Reardon is a hard-hitting reporter that works for Jennifer Malone.
Part 1) Describe Marty's interview with Barker and what it confirms about the investigation.
Part 2) Describe Marty's interview with Casey and what it confirms about the investigation.
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)