|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the pilot of the troubled flight make an emergency landing?
2. Why is Casey worried about the news coverage of the new accident involving the N-22?
3. Who does Marder rely on to deal with the press?
4. What caused the accident of the N22 being covered on television?
5. Who is upset about the deal with China and might try to sabotage Casey's investigation of the troubled flight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Casey notice about the pilot while listening to the taped conversations between the pilot and air traffic controllers, and why is this surprising?
2. Why does the air traffic controller call his boss?
3. Explain what the JAA press release says.
4. In the meeting on Tuesday, what does Casey learn about the idea that turbulence caused the trouble on Flight 545?
5. What does Casey Singleton learn about the troubled flight in the morning debriefing meeting at Norton Aircraft?
6. What does Norma learn about Richman that she shares with Casey?
7. Why is Casey called to a television, and why does what she sees worry her?
8. What does Casey find Bob Richman doing that further adds to her suspicions of him?
9. Explain why Casey ends up on top of an airplane that is being constructed in one of Norton's hangers.
10. Why is Jennifer Malone trying to get a story about the N-22 incident?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Marty Reardon is a hard-hitting reporter that works for Jennifer Malone.
Part 1) Describe Marty's interview with Barker and what it confirms about the investigation.
Part 2) Describe Marty's interview with Casey and what it confirms about the investigation.
Essay Topic 2
Malone determines to get a story but it does not happen.
Part 1) Describe why Malone insists on being on the test flight and how Casey reacted.
Part 2) Describe what happens on the flight that made Malone attack Casey upon landing.
Part 3) Describe the results, for Malone, of what Casey reveals on the test flight.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Marder is pushing Casey to the forefront of the investigation and the press's interest in the case. Describe how this is good for Marder but could be bad for Casey. Be sure to answer the questions: Why isn't Marder using the press department of Norton but using Casey instead? What does Marder promise Casey when the investigation is over?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)