|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While eating at a local restaurant, what does Casey see on television?
2. Why does Casey take a copy of the tape to the audio interpretation lab?
3. Who is Jack Rogers?
4. If Jennifer goes forward with her report, who does she want as one of the central figures?
5. When the plane from Flight 545 is brought back to Norton, what is peculiar about the locking pin a member of the investigative team found?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Casey do with the video she found in the cockpit?
2. What does Casey do once she gets home Wednesday night?
3. Why is there a strange car parked outside of Casey's home?
4. What fax does Norma give to Casey and why?
5. Why is uncommanded slat deployment thought to be a possibility for the trouble experienced on the flight?
6. Who does Casey give the two additional copies of the video from the cockpit to and why?
7. What reason does Richman give for racking up so much travel time while working for the marketing department?
8. What does the DC-10 incident have to do with the N-22 investigation?
9. What does Casey notice about the pilot while listening to the taped conversations between the pilot and air traffic controllers, and why is this surprising?
10. Explain what happens while Casey and the investigative team are out to lunch on Wednesday.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The locking pin is one of the smallest pieces of equipment on a plane, but it has a huge impact on how the plane functions and could be the key to solving what happened on Flight 545. Describe what the locking pin is, why Casey believes it is counterfeit, and trace the path of the original pin to the point when it was changed.
Essay Topic 2
Choose three of the following characters and describe in detail their role in the investigation into Flight 545: Casey, Teddy, Malone, the woman from accounting, the video technician, Marder, Richman, and Edgarton.
Essay Topic 3
On Friday, Bob Richman reveals his real purpose for being at Norton. Describe what his reason is, the plan Marder and Richman came up with, and why the plan will devastate Norton.
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)