|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During a meeting on Tuesday, a report confirms the trouble on Flight 545 was not caused by what?
2. Who does Marder rely on to deal with the press?
3. When the flight began to experience trouble, what did a young married father drop?
4. If Jennifer goes forward with her report, who does she want as one of the central figures?
5. Since Casey is weary of Richman, where does she send him on errands during the investigation on Wednesday?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Casey and Bob Richman board the N-22 what do they observe?
2. What does Norma learn about Richman that she shares with Casey?
3. Why is Felix, the man in charge of Flight Simulations, so sure that slats could not have been the cause of the problem on Flight 545?
4. Explain what the JAA press release says.
5. What are the various recorders on the plane that Casey hopes to gain information from?
6. Why is uncommanded slat deployment thought to be a possibility for the trouble experienced on the flight?
7. What does Casey learn during her run in with the president of the local worker's union Don Brull?
8. Why does the air traffic controller call his boss?
9. Why is there a strange car parked outside of Casey's home?
10. What does Casey discover as she studies sheets of data from the faulty data recorder?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose your favorite hero and your favorite villain from Airframe. Describe the characters, what makes them a hero or a villain, and what happens to the character at the end of the book.
Essay Topic 2
Malone determines to get a story but it does not happen.
Part 1) Describe why Malone insists on being on the test flight and how Casey reacted.
Part 2) Describe what happens on the flight that made Malone attack Casey upon landing.
Part 3) Describe the results, for Malone, of what Casey reveals on the test flight.
Essay Topic 3
When Casey is in the elevator to go home, she changes her mind and goes back to work.
Part 1) Describe what is in the report Casey is viewing in the elevator that makes her go back to work.
Part 2) Describe what happens when Casey goes to the hanger to follow the lead she found while in the elevator.
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)