|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During a meeting on Tuesday, a report confirms the trouble on Flight 545 was not caused by what?
2. How long had it been since the Norton Aircraft had had trouble with slat deployment?
3. Who confirms Casey's conclusion that slat deployment did not cause the trouble on the flight?
4. Who tells Casey the pilot said the problem was caused by uncommanded slat deployment?
5. Why does Casey take a copy of the tape to the audio interpretation lab?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Casey give the two additional copies of the video from the cockpit to and why?
2. What does the corrupt data from the Flight Data Recorder mean?
3. Explain what the JAA press release says.
4. Explain what happens while Casey and the investigative team are out to lunch on Wednesday.
5. Why does Casey's secretary Norma tell Casey to be careful around Richman?
6. Why is there a strange car parked outside of Casey's home?
7. Explain what happened to the young American parents and their infant daughter during the troubled flight.
8. What are the various recorders on the plane that Casey hopes to gain information from?
9. Why does John Marder call Casey late Wednesday night?
10. Why is uncommanded slat deployment thought to be a possibility for the trouble experienced on the flight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Foreshadowing is used in the first section of Airframe. Give three examples of foreshadowing and how it is used to point towards events that are to come.
Essay Topic 2
Casey is learning a lot about what happened on Flight 545 by using a variety of resources.
Part 1) Detail what Casey learned about Flight 545 from the Flight Simulator.
Part 2) Detail what Casey learned about Flight 545 from the Flight Data Recorder and the report it produced.
Part 3) Detail what Casey learned about Flight 545 from Amos and her investigation based on his conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
Choose three of the following characters and describe in detail their role in the investigation into Flight 545: Casey, Teddy, Malone, the woman from accounting, the video technician, Marder, Richman, and Edgarton.
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)