|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Casey the pilot said the problem was caused by uncommanded slat deployment?
2. Where did Casey Singleton send her daughter to the morning of the troubled flight?
3. Where does Casey decide to view the video from the camera she found in the cockpit?
4. While inspecting the plane what does Casey see on nearly every surface?
5. Casey is paged to go to a television where coverage is taking place of another N22 accident in what city?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the air traffic controller call his boss?
2. What does Malone insist on doing Saturday morning at Norton?
3. What concerns Casey as she reviews the transcript between the pilot and the flight control at LAX as Flight 545 was making a landing?
4. Why does Casey believe Marder has ordered security to watch her house?
5. How does Malone's reporter, Marty Reardon feel about Barker?
6. What does Casey notice about the pilot while listening to the taped conversations between the pilot and air traffic controllers, and why is this surprising?
7. What does Edgarton tell Casey when he calls her after the final report is released?
8. What does Casey do once she gets home Wednesday night?
9. Why doesn't Casey find out what the accountant was able to translate from the video tape on Thursday?
10. Why is Casey called to a television, and why does what she sees worry her?
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Marder is pushing Casey to the forefront of the investigation and the press's interest in the case. Describe how this is good for Marder but could be bad for Casey. Be sure to answer the questions: Why isn't Marder using the press department of Norton but using Casey instead? What does Marder promise Casey when the investigation is over?
Essay Topic 2
On Friday, Bob Richman reveals his real purpose for being at Norton. Describe what his reason is, the plan Marder and Richman came up with, and why the plan will devastate Norton.
Essay Topic 3
Choose three of the following characters and describe in detail their role in the investigation into Flight 545: Casey, Teddy, Malone, the woman from accounting, the video technician, Marder, Richman, and Edgarton.
This section contains 1,605 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)