|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the flight being investigated by Norton Aircraft?
2. Who does Casey send the Flight Data Recorder information to?
3. During the second phase of the investigation, what does Casey decide to focus on?
4. How many people were injured on the troubled flight being investigated by Norton Aircraft?
5. At a staff meeting at Norton Aircraft, which airframe does Casey learn is involved in the troubled flight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is there a strange car parked outside of Casey's home?
2. Explain what happened to the young American parents and their infant daughter during the troubled flight.
3. When Casey and Bob Richman board the N-22 what do they observe?
4. What are the various recorders on the plane that Casey hopes to gain information from?
5. What does Casey learn during her run in with the president of the local worker's union Don Brull?
6. Why is Felix, the man in charge of Flight Simulations, so sure that slats could not have been the cause of the problem on Flight 545?
7. What does Casey discover as she studies sheets of data from the faulty data recorder?
8. What fax does Norma give to Casey and why?
9. What does the DC-10 incident have to do with the N-22 investigation?
10. Explain why Casey ends up on top of an airplane that is being constructed in one of Norton's hangers.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The video tape Casey found in the cockpit will play a central role in determining what happened on the flight.
Part 1) Describe what Casey hopes she can find out from the video.
Part 2) Describe what Casey is doing to better understand what is happening on the video.
Essay Topic 2
The interviews Jennifer Malone conducts are a crucial turning point in the story. Describe the people Jennifer interviews, the reason why she interviews them and their role with Norton.
Essay Topic 3
Choose your favorite hero and your favorite villain from Airframe. Describe the characters, what makes them a hero or a villain, and what happens to the character at the end of the book.
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)