|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Casey shows Malone the footage from the cockpit during the actual Flight of 545, what is the first thing Casey points out?
(a) The view through the cockpit window.
(b) The drink next to the pilot's chair.
(c) The pilot's short hair and earring.
(d) The lights on the control panel.
2. What happens to Jennifer Malone?
(a) She moves to another news magazine.
(b) She quits.
(c) She is hired by Norton to work in the press department.
(d) She is fired by her boss.
3. How long does the plane have to fly before the test pilot can simulate the serious of events that happened on Flight 545?
(a) One hour.
(b) Forty-five minutes.
(c) Two hours.
(d) A half hour.
4. Where does the interview between Jennifer Malone and Marder take place?
(a) In Marder's office.
(b) In the Norton lobby.
(c) In the hanger.
(d) In Casey's office.
5. How does Jack Rogers answer questions during his interview with Jennifer Malone?
(a) In long drawn out paragraphs.
(b) In monosyllables.
(c) With confidence.
(d) With lots of mumbling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the pilot deploys the slats mid flight?
2. What does Casey remind the technician of when she takes the video tape from him?
3. Why does John Chang leave his son in charge of the flight?
4. What does one of the secretaries at Norton want to do with the video tape?
5. What is the main thing Barker discusses when he is interviewed by Jennifer Malone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the confrontation between Richman and Casey.
2. Explain what happens Thursday night when Casey goes to the N-22.
3. What does Casey explain to Malone about the flight manifest?
4. How does Malone react when the test pilot starts to reenact the incident on Flight 545?
5. Describe the interview between Reardon and Casey.
6. Describe the chain of events that caused the incident on Flight 545.
7. What concerns Casey as she reviews the transcript between the pilot and the flight control at LAX as Flight 545 was making a landing?
8. How does Teddy show Malone the idea of slat deployment causing the incident in Flight 545 is not correct?
9. How does Malone's reporter, Marty Reardon feel about Barker?
10. How does Marder explain what was done about the slat deployment problem to Jennifer Malone?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)