|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jack Rogers answer questions during his interview with Jennifer Malone?
(a) In long drawn out paragraphs.
(b) With lots of mumbling.
(c) In monosyllables.
(d) With confidence.
2. What does Reardon begin questioning early in the interview?
(a) Casey's credentials.
(b) The safety of the N-22.
(c) Whether or not the story will lead anywhere.
(d) The lack of genuine parts on the N-22.
3. What happens to Richman?
(a) He is fired.
(b) He joins Marder's consulting company.
(c) He moves to Korea.
(d) He is arrested on drug charges.
4. What is the only new information Casey learns at the Thursday morning meeting with the investigative crew?
(a) The wheel deployment malfunctioned.
(b) One of the slats malfunctioned.
(c) The autopilot malfunctioned.
(d) One of the proximity sensors malfunctioned.
5. What finally causes the plane to right itself?
(a) When Chang's son allows the autopilot to take over.
(b) When Chang's son deploys the slats.
(c) When Chang's son listens to flight control's instructions.
(d) When Chang' son lowers the altitude of the plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What proof does Casey offer Malone concerning what happened on Flight 545?
2. What does Casey learn from the QAR that suggests pilot error?
3. Who is Marty Reardon?
4. How does Jack Rogers act in front of the cameras?
5. What does the makeup lady assume about Casey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the telex from Vancouver stating that John Chang has died a significant piece of information?
2. Explain what happens when Casey goes to pick up the video from the technician.
3. How does Malone's boss react to the information that a faulty part, followed by pilot error, caused the incident on Flight 545?
4. Explain the confrontation between Richman and Casey.
5. What does Malone insist on doing Saturday morning at Norton?
6. Why will making a deal with Korea ultimately be the end of Norton?
7. How does Casey respond during the interview when asked about the preliminary report?
8. What does Edgarton tell Casey when he calls her after the final report is released?
9. Describe the interview between Reardon and Casey.
10. What concerns Casey as she reviews the transcript between the pilot and the flight control at LAX as Flight 545 was making a landing?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)