|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Norton's Test Facility located?
(a) Boise, Idaho.
(b) Yuma, Arizona.
(c) Denver, Colorado.
(d) Los Angeles, California.
2. To get him away from the office on Thursday morning, what errand does Casey send Richman on?
(a) To get breakfast for the investigative crew.
(b) To pick up the in flight magazine.
(c) To review the data from the flight simulator.
(d) To bring paperwork to Norma.
3. After speaking with the audio technician, what does Casey confirm about the sound at the beginning of the video she found in the cockpit?
(a) It was the proximity sensor breaking.
(b) It was the autopilot shutting off.
(c) It was a small explosion.
(d) It was the slats deploying.
4. How does Jack Rogers answer questions during his interview with Jennifer Malone?
(a) With lots of mumbling.
(b) In long drawn out paragraphs.
(c) With confidence.
(d) In monosyllables.
5. How long does the plane have to fly before the test pilot can simulate the serious of events that happened on Flight 545?
(a) A half hour.
(b) One hour.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Forty-five minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Casey shows Malone the footage from the cockpit during the actual Flight of 545, what is the first thing Casey points out?
2. What does Casey learn from the QAR that suggests pilot error?
3. Why does Casey board the N-22 from Flight 545?
4. Why does Malone attack Casey after the test flight?
5. What does the makeup lady assume about Casey?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Teddy show Malone the idea of slat deployment causing the incident in Flight 545 is not correct?
2. Explain the interview between Jennifer Malone and Barker.
3. Explain how Marder acts during his interview with Jennifer Malone.
4. How does Marder explain what was done about the slat deployment problem to Jennifer Malone?
5. What concerns Casey as she reviews the transcript between the pilot and the flight control at LAX as Flight 545 was making a landing?
6. Why is the telex from Vancouver stating that John Chang has died a significant piece of information?
7. What does Edgarton tell Casey when he calls her after the final report is released?
8. What is Casey told to say to Jennifer Malone in her Friday morning interview and why?
9. What does Casey learn from the QAR after Wong hooks it up to his computer?
10. Explain what happens Thursday night when Casey goes to the N-22.
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)