|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is determined as the final cause of the incident on Flight 545?
(a) Counterfeit part malfunction.
(b) Fraudulant pilot certification.
(c) Pilot error.
(d) Commanded slat deployment.
2. Where is Jennifer Malone staying while waiting to interview Marder?
(a) At Casey's house.
(b) In a local motel.
(c) In the Norton boardroom.
(d) Outside of Norton in her car.
3. What does Marder tell Jennifer Malone about the slat deployment issue?
(a) Norton ignored the slat deployment problem to save money.
(b) Norton issued a bulletin explaining how to fix the problem.
(c) Norton rebuit all the slats on existing planes.
(d) Norton issued a statement that their slats were safe.
4. What happens to Marder?
(a) He is arrested.
(b) He is fired.
(c) He leaves Norton and gets a job as a consultant.
(d) He is under investigation by the FAA.
5. What does the telex Casey received from Vancouver say further proved Casey's detailed report of what happened on Flight 545?
(a) Chang's son committed suicide and left a note detailing what happened.
(b) John Chang turned his son into the FAA for causing the accident.
(c) John Chang died from injuries sustained when he fell during the flight.
(d) Chang's son had been arrested for flying without a license.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision is made about Malone's story?
2. Why does Reardon believe Norton is hiding the video footage from the cockpit?
3. During the interview with Jennifer Malone, what is Jack Rogers never allowed to explain?
4. What does Jack Rogers reveal about Norton during his interview with Jennifer Malone?
5. What safety precaution is Malone unhappy about on the plane?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Casey learn when she calls the simulation department on Thursday?
2. What does Casey show and tell Malone concerning the pilot from Flight 545?
3. Explain the confrontation between Richman and Casey.
4. What does Malone insist on doing Saturday morning at Norton?
5. Explain what happens Thursday night when Casey goes to the N-22.
6. Why is the telex from Vancouver stating that John Chang has died a significant piece of information?
7. How does Malone's reporter, Marty Reardon feel about Barker?
8. What concerns Casey as she reviews the transcript between the pilot and the flight control at LAX as Flight 545 was making a landing?
9. Describe the chain of events that caused the incident on Flight 545.
10. Explain how Marder acts during his interview with Jennifer Malone.
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)