|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reardon tell Malone about Barker that could make Barker look bad?
(a) Barker used to be Casey's lover.
(b) Barker was fired from Norton two years ago.
(c) Barker left the FAA under suspicious circumstances.
(d) Barker is married to Marder's sister.
2. According to Casey's source, what would the deal with Korea involve?
(a) Firing Edgarton.
(b) Giving Korea the wing.
(c) Moving Norton headquarters to Korea.
(d) Giving Korea the majority in Norton stock.
3. According to the test flight, why does the plane begin to dive and rise during Flight 545?
(a) John Chang was fighting his son for control of the plane.
(b) Chang's son didn't know how to turn off the slats.
(c) The locking pin had slipped out when the slats tried to deploy.
(d) Chang's son was fighting the autopilot.
4. Where does the interview between Jennifer Malone and Marder take place?
(a) In Casey's office.
(b) In the Norton lobby.
(c) In the hanger.
(d) In Marder's office.
5. What is the first thing Casey learns when Wong hooks up the QAR to his computer?
(a) There was a warning before the slats deployed.
(b) There was an engine malfunction.
(c) There was a warning that the autopilot was broken.
(d) There was a report about the counterfeit locking pin before take off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Casey learn from the QAR that suggests pilot error?
2. Who thanks Casey for her effort after her final report is released?
3. What safety precaution is Malone unhappy about on the plane?
4. When Casey talks to the woman in accounting who translated the cockpit video, how does the woman respond?
5. How does Jack Rogers answer questions during his interview with Jennifer Malone?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Malone's reporter, Marty Reardon feel about Barker?
2. Describe the interview between Reardon and Casey.
3. Explain the confrontation between Richman and Casey.
4. What does Malone do at Norton's Test Facility in Arizona?
5. Why will making a deal with Korea ultimately be the end of Norton?
6. What does Casey show and tell Malone concerning the pilot from Flight 545?
7. Why is the telex from Vancouver stating that John Chang has died a significant piece of information?
8. Explain what happens Thursday night when Casey goes to the N-22.
9. What does Casey learn when she calls the simulation department on Thursday?
10. Explain the interview between Jennifer Malone and Barker.
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)