Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Jennifer learn about Norton's deal with China?
2. What does Casey feel may be the key to figuring out what happened on Flight 545?
(a) Taking the wing apart.
(b) The conversation between the pilot and co-pilots.
(c) The sound on the video before the incident begins.
(d) Speaking with the pilot and co-pilots.
3. How many copies of the video does Casey make?
4. If Jennifer goes forward with her report, who does she want as one of the central figures?
(a) John Marder.
(b) Fred Barker.
(d) Bob Richman.
5. What makes Casey rule out pilot error as the cause of the troubled flight before she even inspects the aircraft?
(a) The co-pilot confirms the pilot's story.
(b) Pilot error does not fit in with the chain of events.
(c) The pilot personally received training at Norton Aircraft.
(d) The flight data recorder shows no pilot error.
Short Answer Questions
1. While inspecting the plane what does Casey see on nearly every surface?
2. In the morning meeting, Casey and the investigative team discuss a plane that never flew again because of one accident. What plane was this?
3. What does the FAA official order the flight crew from the troubled flight to do?
4. Where on the plane does a female American passenger hear a noise before the incident?
5. At a staff meeting at Norton Aircraft, which airframe does Casey learn is involved in the troubled flight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Casey find out what the accountant was able to translate from the video tape on Thursday?
2. Describe the interaction between Casey and the woman in accounting who translates the video for her.
3. Explain the confrontation between Richman and Casey.
4. What does Malone insist on doing Saturday morning at Norton?
5. Why is Jennifer Malone trying to get a story about the N-22 incident?
6. Why is uncommanded slat deployment thought to be a possibility for the trouble experienced on the flight?
7. What concerns Casey as she reviews the transcript between the pilot and the flight control at LAX as Flight 545 was making a landing?
8. What does the corrupt data from the Flight Data Recorder mean?
9. Why is the telex from Vancouver stating that John Chang has died a significant piece of information?
10. What is Casey told to say to Jennifer Malone in her Friday morning interview and why?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)