|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the condition of the locking pin?
(a) It is in poor condition.
(b) It is too big.
(c) It is brand new.
(d) It is too small.
2. Who does Casey say usually knows everything going on at Norton Aircraft?
(a) Her assistant.
(b) The president of the company.
(c) The man in charge of the mailroom.
(d) Her secretary.
3. Who is upset about the deal with China and might try to sabotage Casey's investigation of the troubled flight?
(a) Bob Richman.
(b) The local worker's union.
(c) The engineers.
(d) The vice president of the company.
4. Casey is paged to go to a television where coverage is taking place of another N22 accident in what city?
(a) New York City.
(b) Los Angeles.
5. From whom does Jennifer learn about Norton's deal with China?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Teddy Rawley?
2. After further investigation, what part of the N-22 does Casey realize may not have been inspected?
3. Who is Jennifer Malone?
4. Why does Casey ask an accountant to view the video from the cockpit?
5. Who does Marder rely on to deal with the press?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Felix, the man in charge of Flight Simulations, so sure that slats could not have been the cause of the problem on Flight 545?
2. Why does John Marder call Casey late Wednesday night?
3. What does the corrupt data from the Flight Data Recorder mean?
4. What does Casey Singleton learn about the troubled flight in the morning debriefing meeting at Norton Aircraft?
5. What does Norma learn about Richman that she shares with Casey?
6. Why is uncommanded slat deployment thought to be a possibility for the trouble experienced on the flight?
7. In the meeting on Tuesday, what does Casey learn about the idea that turbulence caused the trouble on Flight 545?
8. What does Casey notice about the pilot while listening to the taped conversations between the pilot and air traffic controllers, and why is this surprising?
9. Why is there a strange car parked outside of Casey's home?
10. What does Casey find Bob Richman doing that further adds to her suspicions of him?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)