|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Casey think Marder ordered security details for all those on the investigation team?
(a) Because of a threatening letter sent to Norton.
(b) Because of threats from the pilot's union.
(c) Because it is company policy.
(d) Because of the rumors at the plant.
2. Who does Marder rely on to deal with the press?
(a) Bob Richman.
(c) Norton's Press Department.
(d) He always handles the press himself.
3. Who is Teddy Rawley?
(a) An irrate union worker.
(b) A reporter.
(c) A test pilot at Norton.
(d) A investigator working for both sides.
4. How long does Casey Singleton have to investigate the incident from the troubled flight?
(a) One week.
(b) As long as she needs.
(c) One year.
(d) One month.
5. What are the workers doing to show their displeasure at the work being sent to China?
(a) Protesting outside Norton Aircraft.
(b) Refusing to finish the wings.
(c) Sending letters to John Marder.
(d) Staging a work slowdown.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Casey get down from the top of the plane?
2. From whom does Jennifer learn about Norton's deal with China?
3. During a meeting on Tuesday, a report confirms the trouble on Flight 545 was not caused by what?
4. After further investigation, what part of the N-22 does Casey realize may not have been inspected?
5. What caused the accident of the N22 being covered on television?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what happened to the young American parents and their infant daughter during the troubled flight.
2. Explain why Casey ends up on top of an airplane that is being constructed in one of Norton's hangers.
3. Why is uncommanded slat deployment thought to be a possibility for the trouble experienced on the flight?
4. What does Casey do with the video she found in the cockpit?
5. Why is there a strange car parked outside of Casey's home?
6. Explain the circumstances around the falling tool in the Norton hanger.
7. What does Casey learn during her run in with the president of the local worker's union Don Brull?
8. What does Casey discover as she studies sheets of data from the faulty data recorder?
9. Explain what happens while Casey and the investigative team are out to lunch on Wednesday.
10. What does Casey notice about the pilot while listening to the taped conversations between the pilot and air traffic controllers, and why is this surprising?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)