|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Casey warn Marder about in their meeting on Tuesday night?
(a) Don Brull's intentions.
(b) Jack Rogers' intentions.
(c) John Chung's intentions.
(d) Harold Edgarton's intentions.
2. What part of the N-22 does Casey want to tear apart but can't because of time restrictions?
(a) The wing.
(b) The slats.
(c) The engine.
(d) The autopilot mechanism.
3. What does Casey tell Jack Rogers about the N-22?
(a) It has never been involved in an accident.
(b) It will be discontinued.
(c) It has a flawed design.
(d) It has a good safety record.
4. What is Amos's job at Norton Aircraft?
(a) He is a test pilot.
(b) He is the assistant to the president.
(c) He is a metallurgy expert.
(d) He is the chief designer.
5. In reviewing the tapes between the pilot and air traffic control, what does Casey and her team notice about the pilot?
(a) He did everything right.
(b) He is confident that everything is under control.
(c) He sounds confused.
(d) He is surprised by the malfunction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Richman meet with several times a day?
2. What is the condition of the locking pin?
3. How long does Casey Singleton have to investigate the incident from the troubled flight?
4. Who is Jack Rogers?
5. What does Casey feel may be the key to figuring out what happened on Flight 545?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Richman give for racking up so much travel time while working for the marketing department?
2. Explain why Casey ends up on top of an airplane that is being constructed in one of Norton's hangers.
3. Explain what happens while Casey and the investigative team are out to lunch on Wednesday.
4. What does Casey find Bob Richman doing that further adds to her suspicions of him?
5. What does Casey Singleton learn about the troubled flight in the morning debriefing meeting at Norton Aircraft?
6. Why is Casey called to a television, and why does what she sees worry her?
7. Why is uncommanded slat deployment thought to be a possibility for the trouble experienced on the flight?
8. Why is Jennifer Malone trying to get a story about the N-22 incident?
9. What does Norma learn about Richman that she shares with Casey?
10. In the meeting on Tuesday, what does Casey learn about the idea that turbulence caused the trouble on Flight 545?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)