|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Casey the pilot said the problem was caused by uncommanded slat deployment?
(a) The co-pilot.
(b) A stewardess.
(c) A passenger.
(d) The FAA inspector.
2. Why does Casey ask an accountant to view the video from the cockpit?
(a) The accountant used to be a designer at Norton.
(b) The accountant is the wife of the pilot.
(c) The accountant is a friend of Casey.
(d) The accountant can translate the conversation.
3. Why is Jennifer Malone looking for a new story?
(a) Her boss wants a story no one else had covered.
(b) Her last story proved to be untrue.
(c) One of her current stories has been cancelled.
(d) She wants a promotion.
4. Why is Casey worried about the news coverage of the new accident involving the N-22?
(a) She fears it will bring coverage to Flight 545.
(b) She is sure she will lose her job.
(c) She cannot handle two investigations at one time.
(d) She fears it was caused by the same problem as Flight 545.
5. Who does Richman meet with several times a day?
(a) Jennifer Malone.
(d) Executives from China.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Casey runs into Don Brull, in addition to reminding her that the wing is going to China, what does he tell her about the wing tools?
2. What is the condition of the locking pin?
3. While inspecting the plane, what does Casey see stuck in an overhead compartment?
4. In the morning meeting, Casey and the investigative team discuss a plane that never flew again because of one accident. What plane was this?
5. Casey is paged to go to a television where coverage is taking place of another N22 accident in what city?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Casey ends up on top of an airplane that is being constructed in one of Norton's hangers.
2. What does the corrupt data from the Flight Data Recorder mean?
3. Why is Jennifer Malone trying to get a story about the N-22 incident?
4. Why does the air traffic controller call his boss?
5. Why is there a strange car parked outside of Casey's home?
6. What does Casey discover as she studies sheets of data from the faulty data recorder?
7. Why is Felix, the man in charge of Flight Simulations, so sure that slats could not have been the cause of the problem on Flight 545?
8. Why is Casey called to a television, and why does what she sees worry her?
9. What does Casey notice about the pilot while listening to the taped conversations between the pilot and air traffic controllers, and why is this surprising?
10. Who does Casey give the two additional copies of the video from the cockpit to and why?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)