|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Casey worried about the news coverage of the new accident involving the N-22?
(a) She cannot handle two investigations at one time.
(b) She fears it was caused by the same problem as Flight 545.
(c) She is sure she will lose her job.
(d) She fears it will bring coverage to Flight 545.
2. Why is the cockpit recorder of no help in Casey's investigation?
(a) Because it cannot be used in a lawsuit.
(b) Because it was destroyed when the incident happened.
(c) Because it was purposely destoyed by someone trying to cover up what happened.
(d) Because it was too early for it to be turned on.
3. After speaking with passengers, Casey thinks part of the problem may have been uncommanded slat deployment. Why would this be dangerous?
(a) Slats are only supposed to deploy during takeoff and landing.
(b) It makes the plane unbalanced.
(c) It causes a loss in cabin pressure.
(d) The friction during flight can cause a fire.
4. Who does Casey say usually knows everything going on at Norton Aircraft?
(a) The man in charge of the mailroom.
(b) Her secretary.
(c) The president of the company.
(d) Her assistant.
5. What does Casey feel may be the key to figuring out what happened on Flight 545?
(a) The conversation between the pilot and co-pilots.
(b) Speaking with the pilot and co-pilots.
(c) Taking the wing apart.
(d) The sound on the video before the incident begins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Casey learn about the Flight Data Recorder?
2. Where did the pilot of the troubled flight make an emergency landing?
3. Where did the troubled flight leave from?
4. How many copies of the video does Casey make?
5. In the morning meeting, Casey and the investigative team discuss a plane that never flew again because of one accident. What plane was this?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the chain of events that caused the incident on Flight 545.
2. Why will making a deal with Korea ultimately be the end of Norton?
3. Explain what the JAA press release says.
4. When Casey is leaving Thursday evening, what does she discover that causes her to return to her office?
5. What are the various recorders on the plane that Casey hopes to gain information from?
6. What does Casey do once she gets home Wednesday night?
7. Explain what happens Thursday night when Casey goes to the N-22.
8. Why is Casey called to a television, and why does what she sees worry her?
9. What does Casey learn when she calls the simulation department on Thursday?
10. Explain how Marder acts during his interview with Jennifer Malone.
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)