|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Casey first boards the damaged plane, what does she conclude is part of the problem?
(b) A mechanical error.
(d) An act of terrorism.
2. Where does Norma learn that Richman has traveled five times in recent months?
(a) To Java.
(b) To Korea.
(c) To China.
(d) To Bombay.
3. What does Casey warn Marder about in their meeting on Tuesday night?
(a) Harold Edgarton's intentions.
(b) Don Brull's intentions.
(c) Jack Rogers' intentions.
(d) John Chung's intentions.
4. Who does Casey send the Flight Data Recorder information to?
(a) John Marder.
(b) Jack Rogers.
(c) Flight simulations.
(d) The FAA.
5. What is Amos's job at Norton Aircraft?
(a) He is a metallurgy expert.
(b) He is the assistant to the president.
(c) He is the chief designer.
(d) He is a test pilot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Teddy Rawley?
2. What does Casey ask the video store technician to do to the video from the cockpit?
3. What does the JAA press release say?
4. How many people died on the troubled flight being investigated by Norton Aircraft?
5. At home Wednesday evening, Casey receives a call from Marder informing her about what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Casey do with the video she found in the cockpit?
2. Why is Felix, the man in charge of Flight Simulations, so sure that slats could not have been the cause of the problem on Flight 545?
3. Who does Casey give the two additional copies of the video from the cockpit to and why?
4. Why is there a strange car parked outside of Casey's home?
5. Why is Jennifer Malone trying to get a story about the N-22 incident?
6. Why does the air traffic controller call his boss?
7. What are the various recorders on the plane that Casey hopes to gain information from?
8. Why does John Marder call Casey late Wednesday night?
9. What does the corrupt data from the Flight Data Recorder mean?
10. What does Casey notice about the pilot while listening to the taped conversations between the pilot and air traffic controllers, and why is this surprising?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)