|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Casey Singleton's job at Norton Aircraft?
(a) Chief Investigator.
(b) Head of Human Resources.
(c) Head of Quality Assurance.
(d) Chief Financial Officer.
2. Why is Casey worried about the news coverage of the new accident involving the N-22?
(a) She fears it was caused by the same problem as Flight 545.
(b) She cannot handle two investigations at one time.
(c) She is sure she will lose her job.
(d) She fears it will bring coverage to Flight 545.
3. According to Casey and her team, what would have stopped if autopilot had taken over properly?
(a) The roller coaster effect.
(b) Uncommanded slat deployment.
(c) The porpoising.
(d) The forward lurching.
4. What reason does the pilot of the troubled flight give for the plane's problems?
(a) Low fuel.
(b) Severe turbulence.
(c) A deranged passenger.
(d) Loss of an engine.
5. What does Casey warn Marder about in their meeting on Tuesday night?
(a) Harold Edgarton's intentions.
(b) Don Brull's intentions.
(c) John Chung's intentions.
(d) Jack Rogers' intentions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jack Rogers?
2. What makes Casey rule out turbulence as the cause of the troubled flight before she even inspects the aircraft?
3. What makes Casey rule out pilot error as the cause of the troubled flight before she even inspects the aircraft?
4. Who does Marder rely on to deal with the press?
5. Why does Casey ask an accountant to view the video from the cockpit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what the JAA press release says.
2. What fax does Norma give to Casey and why?
3. Why does John Marder call Casey late Wednesday night?
4. Why is Casey called to a television, and why does what she sees worry her?
5. Explain why Casey ends up on top of an airplane that is being constructed in one of Norton's hangers.
6. What does Casey find Bob Richman doing that further adds to her suspicions of him?
7. Why is Felix, the man in charge of Flight Simulations, so sure that slats could not have been the cause of the problem on Flight 545?
8. What does Casey do with the video she found in the cockpit?
9. Why is Jennifer Malone trying to get a story about the N-22 incident?
10. What does Casey notice about the pilot while listening to the taped conversations between the pilot and air traffic controllers, and why is this surprising?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)