|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was waiting for Casey in the parking lot when she arrived at work the morning of the troubled flight?
(a) The president of the company.
(b) The chief designer.
(c) Her new assistant.
(d) Her secretary.
2. Why is Jennifer Malone looking for a new story?
(a) Her boss wants a story no one else had covered.
(b) She wants a promotion.
(c) Her last story proved to be untrue.
(d) One of her current stories has been cancelled.
3. Who is Jack Rogers?
(a) A flight simulation pilot.
(b) An investigator.
(c) A reporter.
(d) A passenger that wants to sue Norton.
4. At a staff meeting at Norton Aircraft, which airframe does Casey learn is involved in the troubled flight?
(a) A 747.
(b) A N-22.
(c) A DC-10
(d) A 757.
5. Norma gives Casey a fax of a magazine page with a picture of whom?
(a) John Chung.
(b) Bob Richmand.
(c) Harold Edgarton.
(d) John Marder.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Casey first boards the damaged plane, what does she conclude is part of the problem?
2. What does Casey tell Jack Rogers about the N-22?
3. How long had it been since the Norton Aircraft had had trouble with slat deployment?
4. When Casey arrives at Norton Wednesday morning, what does Marder ask her to do?
5. Where does Norma learn that Richman has traveled five times in recent months?
Short Essay Questions
1. What fax does Norma give to Casey and why?
2. What does Casey discover as she studies sheets of data from the faulty data recorder?
3. What does Casey do once she gets home Wednesday night?
4. Who does Casey give the two additional copies of the video from the cockpit to and why?
5. Why does Casey believe Marder has ordered security to watch her house?
6. Why does Casey's secretary Norma tell Casey to be careful around Richman?
7. What does Casey Singleton learn about the troubled flight in the morning debriefing meeting at Norton Aircraft?
8. What are the various recorders on the plane that Casey hopes to gain information from?
9. Why does the air traffic controller call his boss?
10. What does Casey find Bob Richman doing that further adds to her suspicions of him?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)