|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the JAA press release say?
(a) N-22s have been approved for further travel.
(b) It is ordering all N-22s to be grounded,
(c) Norton aircraft is under investigation for installing fraudulant parts.
(d) It is refusing to certify N-22s.
2. Where does Casey decide to view the video from the camera she found in the cockpit?
(a) At a video store.
(b) In Marder's office.
(c) In her office.
(d) At home.
3. When Casey follows the repair reports for the N-22 involved in Flight 545, what does she find?
(a) The autopilot had been replaced.
(b) The slats had been damaged.
(c) The locking pin had never been replaced.
(d) The locking pin and other parts had been replaced.
4. Who is Jennifer Malone?
(a) A newspaper reporter.
(b) A television news producer.
(c) A magazine editor.
(d) A radio broadcaster.
5. Which one is not a possibility for the cause of the trouble with the flight?
(a) Loss of engine power.
(b) Slats deployment.
(c) An electrical malfunction.
(d) A problem with autopilot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the pilot of the troubled flight give for the plane's problems?
2. How does Casey get down from the top of the plane?
3. What does Marder inform Casey he is going to give her for her efforts in the investigation?
4. From whom does Jennifer learn about Norton's deal with China?
5. What caused the accident of the N22 being covered on television?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Casey give the two additional copies of the video from the cockpit to and why?
2. What does the DC-10 incident have to do with the N-22 investigation?
3. Explain what the JAA press release says.
4. What are the various recorders on the plane that Casey hopes to gain information from?
5. What does Casey notice about the pilot while listening to the taped conversations between the pilot and air traffic controllers, and why is this surprising?
6. What reason does Richman give for racking up so much travel time while working for the marketing department?
7. Why does John Marder call Casey late Wednesday night?
8. What fax does Norma give to Casey and why?
9. In the meeting on Tuesday, what does Casey learn about the idea that turbulence caused the trouble on Flight 545?
10. Why is Jennifer Malone trying to get a story about the N-22 incident?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)