|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the biggest deal in its history, Norton Aircraft is about to sell how many of the same type of plane involved in the troubled flight?
2. Where did the pilot of the troubled flight make an emergency landing?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) San Diego.
3. What does Casey call the footage from the camera she found in the cockpit?
4. What is Amos's job at Norton Aircraft?
(a) He is the chief designer.
(b) He is the assistant to the president.
(c) He is a metallurgy expert.
(d) He is a test pilot.
5. What does the FAA official order the flight crew from the troubled flight to do?
(a) Report to FAA headquarters immediately.
(b) Stay on the plane.
(c) Go to the infirmary.
(d) Write separate reports of what happened.
Short Answer Questions
1. While eating at a local restaurant, what does Casey see on television?
2. Who confirms Casey's conclusion that slat deployment did not cause the trouble on the flight?
3. What part of the N-22 does Casey want to tear apart but can't because of time restrictions?
4. According to Casey and her team, what would have stopped if autopilot had taken over properly?
5. How long had it been since the Norton Aircraft had had trouble with slat deployment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the various recorders on the plane that Casey hopes to gain information from?
2. Why is Jennifer Malone trying to get a story about the N-22 incident?
3. Why is uncommanded slat deployment thought to be a possibility for the trouble experienced on the flight?
4. Explain why Casey ends up on top of an airplane that is being constructed in one of Norton's hangers.
5. When Casey and Bob Richman board the N-22 what do they observe?
6. What reason does Richman give for racking up so much travel time while working for the marketing department?
7. Explain what happened to the young American parents and their infant daughter during the troubled flight.
8. Why is Felix, the man in charge of Flight Simulations, so sure that slats could not have been the cause of the problem on Flight 545?
9. Why is Casey called to a television, and why does what she sees worry her?
10. Why is there a strange car parked outside of Casey's home?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)