|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A profitable deal with what country is pending, until the findings of the troubled flight are revealed?
(b) Saudi Arabia.
2. What does the FAA official order the flight crew from the troubled flight to do?
(a) Stay on the plane.
(b) Write separate reports of what happened.
(c) Go to the infirmary.
(d) Report to FAA headquarters immediately.
3. Why does Casey receive a fax of a magazine story?
(a) Bob Richman requested it.
(b) It is a regular fax she receives weekly.
(c) She requested it.
(d) The purpose is unclear.
4. While inspecting the plane what does Casey see on nearly every surface?
(b) Engine oil.
5. While eating at a local restaurant, what does Casey see on television?
(a) A report stating that Marder is being investigated by the FAA.
(b) Actual footage of Flight 545.
(c) A report about Flight 545.
(d) Breaking news about another accident involving an N-22.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had it been since the Norton Aircraft had had trouble with slat deployment?
2. What does Casey ask the video store technician to do to the video from the cockpit?
3. What is JAA?
4. How many people were injured on the troubled flight being investigated by Norton Aircraft?
5. What does ex-FAA agent Fred Barker tell Jennifer Malone about the N-22?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the various recorders on the plane that Casey hopes to gain information from?
2. When Casey and Bob Richman board the N-22 what do they observe?
3. Why does the air traffic controller call his boss?
4. What does Casey Singleton learn about the troubled flight in the morning debriefing meeting at Norton Aircraft?
5. What does Casey do with the video she found in the cockpit?
6. Why is Casey called to a television, and why does what she sees worry her?
7. Why is Jennifer Malone trying to get a story about the N-22 incident?
8. Why does Casey believe Marder has ordered security to watch her house?
9. Explain why Casey ends up on top of an airplane that is being constructed in one of Norton's hangers.
10. What does Casey do once she gets home Wednesday night?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)