|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Casey's interview begin on Friday?
(a) With Casey explaining the details of Flight 545.
(b) With Casey explaining what her job is at Norton.
(c) With Casey reading the statement prepared by Marder.
(d) With Casey revealing Marder's lies.
2. What lie does Barker tell about Norton during his interview with Jennifer Malone?
(a) Norton has known about the problem with slat deployment but has done nothing about it.
(b) Casey is running a cover-up of all Norton's problems.
(c) Norton knows the cause of the incident on Flight 545 but will not reveal it to the public.
(d) Marder paid Casey to stay quiet.
3. What proof does Casey offer Malone concerning what happened on Flight 545?
(a) A statement of the details signed by Chang's son.
(b) A video of John Chang telling FAA investigator's what happened.
(c) The translated transcript from the cockpit.
(d) The transcript of an interview Casey did with John Chang.
4. How does John's son try to clear the disagree warning that came up?
(a) By calling flight control for direction.
(b) By deploying the slats.
(c) By turning off the autopilot.
(d) By looking through the flight manual.
5. Who thanks Casey for her effort after her final report is released?
(c) The FAA president.
6. What happens to Jennifer Malone?
(a) She quits.
(b) She is fired by her boss.
(c) She is hired by Norton to work in the press department.
(d) She moves to another news magazine.
7. What is the first thing Casey learns when Wong hooks up the QAR to his computer?
(a) There was a report about the counterfeit locking pin before take off.
(b) There was a warning before the slats deployed.
(c) There was a warning that the autopilot was broken.
(d) There was an engine malfunction.
8. When Casey shows Malone the footage from the cockpit during the actual Flight of 545, what is the first thing Casey points out?
(a) The view through the cockpit window.
(b) The lights on the control panel.
(c) The pilot's short hair and earring.
(d) The drink next to the pilot's chair.
9. How does Jack Rogers answer questions during his interview with Jennifer Malone?
(a) In monosyllables.
(b) With confidence.
(c) With lots of mumbling.
(d) In long drawn out paragraphs.
10. What is determined as the final cause of the incident on Flight 545?
(a) Fraudulant pilot certification.
(b) Pilot error.
(c) Commanded slat deployment.
(d) Counterfeit part malfunction.
11. What is the main thing Barker discusses when he is interviewed by Jennifer Malone?
(a) The deal Norton has made with China.
(b) The problems the N-22 has had with autopilot.
(c) The problems Norton is having with their union.
(d) The problems the N-22 has had with slats.
12. What does Casey find when she wakes up Friday morning?
(a) Her fall the day before resulted in a bruised wrist.
(b) Her fall the day before resulted in a bruise on her face.
(c) Her fall the day before resulted in a sprained ankle.
(d) Her fall the day before resulted in a black eye.
13. What safety precaution is Malone unhappy about on the plane?
(a) The no smoking light.
(b) The seatbelt she must wear.
(c) The oxygen mask she must wear.
(d) The harness she must wear.
14. How does Malone's boss react when she details for him what took place during the test flight?
(a) He is glad Malone was not hurt.
(b) He is angry with Casey for taking Malone on the flight.
(c) He demands that Norton pays for the broken cameras.
(d) He is unhappy.
15. How does Malone plan to make her interview subjects appear the way she wants them to appear?
(a) She will only allow her questions to be asked.
(b) She will expose their private secrets.
(c) She will only air the parts that fit her theory.
(d) She will edit out the parts she doesn't like.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Casey going to lunch with to celebrate the end of the investigation?
2. Why does Malone insist on being aboard the test flight?
3. What does Casey remind the technician of when she takes the video tape from him?
4. What does Reardon begin questioning early in the interview?
5. What will Casey be doing at Norton on Saturday that Jennifer Malone insists on being a part of?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)