|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does John Chang leave his son in charge of the flight?
(a) John had to go to the bathroom.
(b) John was paid by Marder to let his son fly.
(c) John wanted to give his son a chance to learn the N-22.
(d) John went to get a cup of coffee.
2. What lie does Barker tell about Norton during his interview with Jennifer Malone?
(a) Norton knows the cause of the incident on Flight 545 but will not reveal it to the public.
(b) Norton has known about the problem with slat deployment but has done nothing about it.
(c) Marder paid Casey to stay quiet.
(d) Casey is running a cover-up of all Norton's problems.
3. When Casey receives the magazine Wednesday's fax is taken from, what does she see?
(a) An interview with John Chung.
(b) A picture of John Chung with his family.
(c) A picture of John Chung with the co-pilots from Flight 545.
(d) A picture of John Chung showing his injuries from Flight 545.
4. What does Casey tell Malone the events on Flight 545 began with?
(a) A tired pilot.
(b) A bad part.
(c) A sabotaged proximity sensor.
(d) A money exchange between the pilot and Marder.
5. When Casey talks to the woman in accounting who translated the cockpit video, how does the woman respond?
(a) She is irritated that Casey is bothering her.
(b) She is distrubed by what she learned.
(c) She is happy that the pilot is not to blame.
(d) She is crying because of what she learned.
6. What signal does the plane give the pilot on the flight reenactment?
(a) A malfunction warning.
(b) A disagree warning.
(c) A slat deployment warning.
(d) An emergency landing required warning.
7. What decision is made about Malone's story?
(a) It will air after the China deal is final.
(b) It will air still focusing on slat deployment.
(c) It will be cancelled.
(d) It will air with the truth.
8. What does the makeup lady assume about Casey?
(a) She is an abused woman.
(b) She is used to being on camera.
(c) She is the president of the company.
(d) She is trying to become famous.
9. How does Malone plan to make her interview subjects appear the way she wants them to appear?
(a) She will only air the parts that fit her theory.
(b) She will expose their private secrets.
(c) She will edit out the parts she doesn't like.
(d) She will only allow her questions to be asked.
10. Who reveals to Casey that if the China deal falls through, a back-up deal has been made with Korea?
(a) Jennifer Malone.
11. Why does Malone attack Casey after the test flight?
(a) She thinks Casey scared her on purpose.
(b) She thinks Casey sabotaged the cameras.
(c) She thinks Casey gave her false information.
(d) She thinks Casey told the pilot to make the flight worse just to make her sick.
12. Who has to sign a document stating that information gained from the test flight was not obtained by a Norton employee?
13. According to the test flight, why does the plane begin to dive and rise during Flight 545?
(a) Chang's son didn't know how to turn off the slats.
(b) The locking pin had slipped out when the slats tried to deploy.
(c) John Chang was fighting his son for control of the plane.
(d) Chang's son was fighting the autopilot.
14. What is the only new information Casey learns at the Thursday morning meeting with the investigative crew?
(a) The wheel deployment malfunctioned.
(b) One of the slats malfunctioned.
(c) The autopilot malfunctioned.
(d) One of the proximity sensors malfunctioned.
15. How does Marder react to Jennifer Malone's questions?
(a) By asking questions of his own.
(b) With anger.
(c) With patience.
(d) With surprise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Casey after the investigation is final?
2. What will Casey be doing at Norton on Saturday that Jennifer Malone insists on being a part of?
3. What was mistakenly put into the press packets that Reardon surprises Casey with during the interview?
4. How does John's son try to clear the disagree warning that came up?
5. What happens when the pilot deploys the slats mid flight?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)