|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Casey begin to suspect Marder of after the interview with Jennifer Malone on Thursday morning?
(a) Paying off Chinese executives.
(b) Setting her up to take the fall.
(c) Paying off Jack Rogers.
(d) Orchestrating the incident on Flight 545.
2. What is the main thing Barker discusses when he is interviewed by Jennifer Malone?
(a) The problems the N-22 has had with slats.
(b) The deal Norton has made with China.
(c) The problems Norton is having with their union.
(d) The problems the N-22 has had with autopilot.
3. Who is the woman waiting for Casey in her office on Friday?
(a) A media trainer.
(b) A FAA investigator.
(c) A FBI investigator.
(d) A Chinese executive.
4. How does Malone plan to make her interview subjects appear the way she wants them to appear?
(a) She will edit out the parts she doesn't like.
(b) She will only allow her questions to be asked.
(c) She will only air the parts that fit her theory.
(d) She will expose their private secrets.
5. How does Malone feel about the interviews she conducted on Thursday morning?
(a) She is unhappy.
(b) She is excited about what she learned.
(c) She is very pleased.
(d) She is afraid her boss was right.
6. What is the first thing Casey learns when Wong hooks up the QAR to his computer?
(a) There was an engine malfunction.
(b) There was a report about the counterfeit locking pin before take off.
(c) There was a warning that the autopilot was broken.
(d) There was a warning before the slats deployed.
7. What happens to Malone as the pilot is reenacting what took place on Flight 545?
(a) She passes out.
(b) She cut her head on the seat in front of her.
(c) She becomes ill.
(d) She is thrown from her seat.
8. What does Casey learn from the QAR about Flight 545 that left it vulnerable to breaking apart in flight?
(a) It had counterfeit parts that weighed more than allowed.
(b) The wings were not attached properly.
(c) The cabin did not have an airtight seal.
(d) It had exceeded its G-load.
9. Who reveals to Casey that if the China deal falls through, a back-up deal has been made with Korea?
(d) Jennifer Malone.
10. Who thanks Casey for her effort after her final report is released?
(b) The FAA president.
11. What does Reardon begin questioning early in the interview?
(a) The lack of genuine parts on the N-22.
(b) Whether or not the story will lead anywhere.
(c) Casey's credentials.
(d) The safety of the N-22.
12. Why was it dangerous for John Chang's son to fly the plane even though he is a pilot?
(a) He did not finish his paperwork to become certified.
(b) He had never seen the control panel of a N-22.
(c) He was not certified in the N-22.
(d) He did not have enough hours logged to fly.
13. What safety precaution is Malone unhappy about on the plane?
(a) The seatbelt she must wear.
(b) The no smoking light.
(c) The oxygen mask she must wear.
(d) The harness she must wear.
14. When Casey receives the magazine Wednesday's fax is taken from, what does she see?
(a) An interview with John Chung.
(b) A picture of John Chung showing his injuries from Flight 545.
(c) A picture of John Chung with the co-pilots from Flight 545.
(d) A picture of John Chung with his family.
15. What does Marder tell Casey she needs to do on Friday morning?
(a) Meet him in the flight simulator.
(b) Meet with the executives from China.
(c) Fire the investigative team.
(d) Another interview with Jennifer Malone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Reardon believe Norton is hiding the video footage from the cockpit?
2. How does Jack Rogers act in front of the cameras?
3. What causes Jennifer to stop interviewing Marder and start interviewing Casey?
4. When Casey shows Malone the footage from the cockpit during the actual Flight of 545, what is the first thing Casey points out?
5. Who is the first person Jennifer Malone interviews?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)