|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision is made about Malone's story?
(a) It will air with the truth.
(b) It will air still focusing on slat deployment.
(c) It will be cancelled.
(d) It will air after the China deal is final.
2. What does Marder tell Jennifer Malone about the slat deployment issue?
(a) Norton issued a bulletin explaining how to fix the problem.
(b) Norton issued a statement that their slats were safe.
(c) Norton rebuit all the slats on existing planes.
(d) Norton ignored the slat deployment problem to save money.
3. Who, besides Marder, tells Casey she must lie in the Friday morning interview with Jennifer Malone?
(a) Jack Rogers.
(c) Norton's lawyers.
4. What does Marder tell Casey she needs to do on Friday morning?
(a) Meet with the executives from China.
(b) Meet him in the flight simulator.
(c) Fire the investigative team.
(d) Another interview with Jennifer Malone.
5. When Casey receives the magazine Wednesday's fax is taken from, what does she see?
(a) A picture of John Chung with his family.
(b) A picture of John Chung showing his injuries from Flight 545.
(c) An interview with John Chung.
(d) A picture of John Chung with the co-pilots from Flight 545.
6. Who does Marder speak with immediately after his interview with Jennifer Malone?
(b) John Chung.
(d) Jack Rogers.
7. What causes Jennifer to stop interviewing Marder and start interviewing Casey?
(a) Marder tells Jennifer that Casey will answer the rest of the questions.
(b) Casey cuts Marder off and begins answering questions.
(c) Marder leaves the room.
(d) Marder explodes at Jennifer's questions.
8. What does Casey learn from the QAR that suggests pilot error?
(a) The pilot tells the co-pilot he isn't sure what to do.
(b) The pilot deployed the slats before landing.
(c) The pilot turned off the autopilot.
(d) The pilot was fighting the autopilot.
9. How does Jack Rogers answer questions during his interview with Jennifer Malone?
(a) In monosyllables.
(b) With lots of mumbling.
(c) With confidence.
(d) In long drawn out paragraphs.
10. How long does the plane have to fly before the test pilot can simulate the serious of events that happened on Flight 545?
(a) One hour.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Forty-five minutes.
(d) A half hour.
11. Why was it dangerous for John Chang's son to fly the plane even though he is a pilot?
(a) He did not have enough hours logged to fly.
(b) He was not certified in the N-22.
(c) He did not finish his paperwork to become certified.
(d) He had never seen the control panel of a N-22.
12. Who is the woman waiting for Casey in her office on Friday?
(a) A Chinese executive.
(b) A FAA investigator.
(c) A FBI investigator.
(d) A media trainer.
13. How does Casey's interview begin on Friday?
(a) With Casey explaining what her job is at Norton.
(b) With Casey revealing Marder's lies.
(c) With Casey explaining the details of Flight 545.
(d) With Casey reading the statement prepared by Marder.
14. What does the telex Casey received from Vancouver say further proved Casey's detailed report of what happened on Flight 545?
(a) John Chang turned his son into the FAA for causing the accident.
(b) John Chang died from injuries sustained when he fell during the flight.
(c) Chang's son committed suicide and left a note detailing what happened.
(d) Chang's son had been arrested for flying without a license.
15. What lie does Barker tell about Norton during his interview with Jennifer Malone?
(a) Casey is running a cover-up of all Norton's problems.
(b) Marder paid Casey to stay quiet.
(c) Norton has known about the problem with slat deployment but has done nothing about it.
(d) Norton knows the cause of the incident on Flight 545 but will not reveal it to the public.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who secretly follows Casey to the N-22 from Flight 545 Thursday night?
2. What does Malone obtain on Friday that surprises everyone?
3. What does Casey remind the technician of when she takes the video tape from him?
4. What does Casey do when asked about the preliminary report during the interview?
5. The morning of the interview with Jennifer Malone, when does Casey arrive at Norton?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)