|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reardon tell Malone about Barker that could make Barker look bad?
(a) Barker left the FAA under suspicious circumstances.
(b) Barker was fired from Norton two years ago.
(c) Barker used to be Casey's lover.
(d) Barker is married to Marder's sister.
2. What does Marder tell Jennifer the FAA did about the slat problem?
(a) The FAA forced all airlines to fix the problem.
(b) The FAA forced domestic airlines to fix the problem.
(c) The FAA forced foreign airlines to fix the problem.
(d) The FAA did nothing about the problem.
3. What does Malone obtain on Friday that surprises everyone?
(a) The counterfeit locking pin from Flight 545.
(b) A copy of the contract between Norton and China.
(c) A copy of Casey's video tape.
(d) An audio tape of Richman and Marder discussing firing Casey.
4. To get him away from the office on Thursday morning, what errand does Casey send Richman on?
(a) To get breakfast for the investigative crew.
(b) To review the data from the flight simulator.
(c) To pick up the in flight magazine.
(d) To bring paperwork to Norma.
5. What decision is made about Malone's story?
(a) It will be cancelled.
(b) It will air with the truth.
(c) It will air after the China deal is final.
(d) It will air still focusing on slat deployment.
6. What happens to Jennifer Malone?
(a) She is fired by her boss.
(b) She is hired by Norton to work in the press department.
(c) She quits.
(d) She moves to another news magazine.
7. How does Marder react to Jennifer Malone's questions?
(a) With anger.
(b) By asking questions of his own.
(c) With surprise.
(d) With patience.
8. What is the main thing Barker discusses when he is interviewed by Jennifer Malone?
(a) The problems the N-22 has had with autopilot.
(b) The problems Norton is having with their union.
(c) The problems the N-22 has had with slats.
(d) The deal Norton has made with China.
9. What lie does Barker tell about Norton during his interview with Jennifer Malone?
(a) Norton knows the cause of the incident on Flight 545 but will not reveal it to the public.
(b) Marder paid Casey to stay quiet.
(c) Casey is running a cover-up of all Norton's problems.
(d) Norton has known about the problem with slat deployment but has done nothing about it.
10. Why does Reardon believe Norton is hiding the video footage from the cockpit?
(a) Because Marder wants to be president.
(b) Because Casey is protecting her job.
(c) Because the video would end the deal with China.
(d) Because Norton is guilty of causing the accident.
11. What finally causes the plane to right itself?
(a) When Chang's son listens to flight control's instructions.
(b) When Chang's son allows the autopilot to take over.
(c) When Chang' son lowers the altitude of the plane.
(d) When Chang's son deploys the slats.
12. What will Casey be doing at Norton on Saturday that Jennifer Malone insists on being a part of?
(a) Revealing the details of her report.
(b) Meeting with the FAA.
(c) A test flight.
(d) Interviewing the pilots.
13. What does Casey tell Reardon about the official Flight 545 Report?
(a) It will show that Marder is guilty.
(b) It will prove Norton's innocence.
(c) It will be released the next day.
(d) It will show that the cause of the incident is undetermined.
14. When Casey shows Malone the footage from the cockpit during the actual Flight of 545, what is the first thing Casey points out?
(a) The view through the cockpit window.
(b) The drink next to the pilot's chair.
(c) The lights on the control panel.
(d) The pilot's short hair and earring.
15. How does Jack Rogers act in front of the cameras?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jennifer Malone staying while waiting to interview Marder?
2. Who is the first person Jennifer Malone interviews?
3. What happens to Malone as the pilot is reenacting what took place on Flight 545?
4. Who thanks Casey for her effort after her final report is released?
5. What does Casey do when asked about the preliminary report during the interview?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)