|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What finally causes the plane to right itself?
(a) When Chang's son allows the autopilot to take over.
(b) When Chang' son lowers the altitude of the plane.
(c) When Chang's son listens to flight control's instructions.
(d) When Chang's son deploys the slats.
2. What is determined as the final cause of the incident on Flight 545?
(a) Fraudulant pilot certification.
(b) Commanded slat deployment.
(c) Counterfeit part malfunction.
(d) Pilot error.
3. When Casey arrives at Norton Friday morning, how many hours does she have until the interview?
4. Casey learns it will take how long to recreate the events on Flight 545 using the information from the flight data recorder?
(a) One year.
(b) One hour.
(c) One day.
(d) One month.
5. What is the only new information Casey learns at the Thursday morning meeting with the investigative crew?
(a) One of the slats malfunctioned.
(b) The wheel deployment malfunctioned.
(c) The autopilot malfunctioned.
(d) One of the proximity sensors malfunctioned.
6. What does Casey learn from the QAR that suggests pilot error?
(a) The pilot was fighting the autopilot.
(b) The pilot turned off the autopilot.
(c) The pilot tells the co-pilot he isn't sure what to do.
(d) The pilot deployed the slats before landing.
7. What will Casey be doing at Norton on Saturday that Jennifer Malone insists on being a part of?
(a) Revealing the details of her report.
(b) Interviewing the pilots.
(c) A test flight.
(d) Meeting with the FAA.
8. According to Casey's source, what would the deal with Korea involve?
(a) Moving Norton headquarters to Korea.
(b) Giving Korea the wing.
(c) Firing Edgarton.
(d) Giving Korea the majority in Norton stock.
9. How does Malone's boss react when she details for him what took place during the test flight?
(a) He is unhappy.
(b) He demands that Norton pays for the broken cameras.
(c) He is angry with Casey for taking Malone on the flight.
(d) He is glad Malone was not hurt.
10. What is the main thing Barker discusses when he is interviewed by Jennifer Malone?
(a) The problems the N-22 has had with slats.
(b) The problems the N-22 has had with autopilot.
(c) The deal Norton has made with China.
(d) The problems Norton is having with their union.
11. What is Casey told during a phone call from Vancouver?
(a) One of the pilots has died.
(b) One of the pilots wants to talk to her privately.
(c) One of the pilots has hired a lawyer.
(d) One of the pilots committed suicide.
12. What does Casey learn from the QAR about Flight 545 that left it vulnerable to breaking apart in flight?
(a) The cabin did not have an airtight seal.
(b) It had counterfeit parts that weighed more than allowed.
(c) The wings were not attached properly.
(d) It had exceeded its G-load.
13. Why does the cameraman call for a break?
(a) Because Casey is crying.
(b) Because Jennifer Malone tells him to.
(c) To go to lunch.
(d) To replace the film.
14. What happens to Malone as the pilot is reenacting what took place on Flight 545?
(a) She cut her head on the seat in front of her.
(b) She is thrown from her seat.
(c) She passes out.
(d) She becomes ill.
15. What does Malone obtain on Friday that surprises everyone?
(a) A copy of the contract between Norton and China.
(b) An audio tape of Richman and Marder discussing firing Casey.
(c) A copy of Casey's video tape.
(d) The counterfeit locking pin from Flight 545.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Richman?
2. Where is Jennifer Malone staying while waiting to interview Marder?
3. Why does Casey board the N-22 from Flight 545?
4. What lie does Barker tell about Norton during his interview with Jennifer Malone?
5. Who is the first person Jennifer Malone interviews?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)