|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Marty Reardon question about his credentials?
2. What does Casey tell Malone the events on Flight 545 began with?
(a) A money exchange between the pilot and Marder.
(b) A bad part.
(c) A sabotaged proximity sensor.
(d) A tired pilot.
3. What is determined as the final cause of the incident on Flight 545?
(a) Commanded slat deployment.
(b) Pilot error.
(c) Counterfeit part malfunction.
(d) Fraudulant pilot certification.
4. Why was it dangerous for John Chang's son to fly the plane even though he is a pilot?
(a) He was not certified in the N-22.
(b) He did not finish his paperwork to become certified.
(c) He had never seen the control panel of a N-22.
(d) He did not have enough hours logged to fly.
5. How does Malone feel about the interviews she conducted on Thursday morning?
(a) She is excited about what she learned.
(b) She is afraid her boss was right.
(c) She is unhappy.
(d) She is very pleased.
6. What decision is made about Malone's story?
(a) It will be cancelled.
(b) It will air still focusing on slat deployment.
(c) It will air after the China deal is final.
(d) It will air with the truth.
7. What happens to Richman?
(a) He is fired.
(b) He joins Marder's consulting company.
(c) He is arrested on drug charges.
(d) He moves to Korea.
8. After speaking with the audio technician, what does Casey confirm about the sound at the beginning of the video she found in the cockpit?
(a) It was the autopilot shutting off.
(b) It was a small explosion.
(c) It was the slats deploying.
(d) It was the proximity sensor breaking.
9. What was mistakenly put into the press packets that Reardon surprises Casey with during the interview?
(a) A report about the malfunctioning proximity sensors on the N-22.
(b) A report about the autopilot malfunction tendencies of the N-22.
(c) A report about the N-22's counterfeit parts.
(d) A report about the N-22's flight characteristics.
10. Who secretly follows Casey to the N-22 from Flight 545 Thursday night?
(a) Jennifer Malone.
11. What happens to Jennifer Malone?
(a) She moves to another news magazine.
(b) She is hired by Norton to work in the press department.
(c) She is fired by her boss.
(d) She quits.
12. What happens to Malone as the pilot is reenacting what took place on Flight 545?
(a) She passes out.
(b) She cut her head on the seat in front of her.
(c) She becomes ill.
(d) She is thrown from her seat.
13. What happens when the pilot deploys the slats mid flight?
(a) Nothing significant happens.
(b) The plane begins to porpoise.
(c) The locking pin comes lose.
(d) The autopilot comes on.
14. What lie does Barker tell about Norton during his interview with Jennifer Malone?
(a) Marder paid Casey to stay quiet.
(b) Norton knows the cause of the incident on Flight 545 but will not reveal it to the public.
(c) Casey is running a cover-up of all Norton's problems.
(d) Norton has known about the problem with slat deployment but has done nothing about it.
15. Where is Norton's Test Facility located?
(a) Los Angeles, California.
(b) Yuma, Arizona.
(c) Boise, Idaho.
(d) Denver, Colorado.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Casey do when asked about the preliminary report during the interview?
2. What does Casey remind the technician of when she takes the video tape from him?
3. To get him away from the office on Thursday morning, what errand does Casey send Richman on?
4. What is the first thing Casey learns when Wong hooks up the QAR to his computer?
5. How does Malone's boss react when she details for him what took place during the test flight?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)