|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the FAA official order the flight crew from the troubled flight to do?
(a) Go to the infirmary.
(b) Report to FAA headquarters immediately.
(c) Stay on the plane.
(d) Write separate reports of what happened.
2. Who does Marder rely on to deal with the press?
(a) Norton's Press Department.
(b) He always handles the press himself.
(d) Bob Richman.
3. After further investigation, what part of the N-22 does Casey realize may not have been inspected?
(a) The autopilot.
(b) The slats.
(c) The proximity sensor.
(d) The locking pins.
4. What makes Casey rule out turbulence as the cause of the troubled flight before she even inspects the aircraft?
(a) She talks to the co-pilot.
(b) She talks to the passengers.
(c) She reviews reports from other planes.
(d) She reviews weather reports.
5. When Casey first boards the damaged plane, what does she conclude is part of the problem?
(b) An act of terrorism.
(c) A mechanical error.
6. Why is the cockpit recorder of no help in Casey's investigation?
(a) Because it was purposely destoyed by someone trying to cover up what happened.
(b) Because it was destroyed when the incident happened.
(c) Because it cannot be used in a lawsuit.
(d) Because it was too early for it to be turned on.
7. Where does Norma learn that Richman has traveled five times in recent months?
(a) To Java.
(b) To China.
(c) To Bombay.
(d) To Korea.
8. Where did the troubled flight leave from?
(b) Hong Kong.
(d) New York City.
9. While eating at a local restaurant, what does Casey see on television?
(a) Breaking news about another accident involving an N-22.
(b) A report stating that Marder is being investigated by the FAA.
(c) Actual footage of Flight 545.
(d) A report about Flight 545.
10. When Casey follows the repair reports for the N-22 involved in Flight 545, what does she find?
(a) The slats had been damaged.
(b) The locking pin and other parts had been replaced.
(c) The autopilot had been replaced.
(d) The locking pin had never been replaced.
11. What does the JAA press release say?
(a) It is ordering all N-22s to be grounded,
(b) It is refusing to certify N-22s.
(c) Norton aircraft is under investigation for installing fraudulant parts.
(d) N-22s have been approved for further travel.
12. How long had it been since the Norton Aircraft had had trouble with slat deployment?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 5 years.
13. During the second phase of the investigation, what does Casey decide to focus on?
(a) The pilot's statements.
(b) The autopilot mechanism.
(c) The passenger interviews.
(d) The air traffic controller's statement.
14. What is Jennifer's boss afraid the story about Flight 545 might turn into?
(a) A media frenzy.
(b) A faulty parts story.
(c) Jennifer's only focus.
(d) A boring piece that no one will be interested in.
15. While inspecting the plane, what does Casey see stuck in an overhead compartment?
(a) The remnants of a bomb.
(b) A dead man.
(c) A video camera.
(d) A piece of luggage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Richman meet with several times a day?
2. Casey's secretary Norma, discovers Richman's large expenses have been approved by whom?
3. What does Casey learn about the Flight Data Recorder?
4. What part of the N-22 does Casey want to tear apart but can't because of time restrictions?
5. What does Casey ask the video store technician to do to the video from the cockpit?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)