|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the troubled flight leave from?
(b) Hong Kong.
(d) New York City.
2. What is the purpose of a locking pin?
(a) It holds the slats in place during flight.
(b) It holds the wheels in place during flight.
(c) It holds the Flight Data Recorder in place during flight.
(d) It holds the cockpit doors in place during flight.
3. Who tells Casey the pilot said the problem was caused by uncommanded slat deployment?
(a) A passenger.
(b) The co-pilot.
(c) The FAA inspector.
(d) A stewardess.
4. What does Casey warn Marder about in their meeting on Tuesday night?
(a) Don Brull's intentions.
(b) Jack Rogers' intentions.
(c) Harold Edgarton's intentions.
(d) John Chung's intentions.
5. Who is Jack Rogers?
(a) An investigator.
(b) A flight simulation pilot.
(c) A passenger that wants to sue Norton.
(d) A reporter.
6. What is JAA?
(a) The Japanese version of the FAA.
(b) The Australian version of the FAA.
(c) The Korean version of the FAA.
(d) The European version of the FAA.
7. Norma gives Casey a fax of a magazine page with a picture of whom?
(a) Harold Edgarton.
(b) Bob Richmand.
(c) John Chung.
(d) John Marder.
8. What does Casey tell Jack Rogers about the N-22?
(a) It has a flawed design.
(b) It has a good safety record.
(c) It has never been involved in an accident.
(d) It will be discontinued.
9. In reviewing the tapes between the pilot and air traffic control, what does Casey and her team notice about the pilot?
(a) He is confident that everything is under control.
(b) He is surprised by the malfunction.
(c) He sounds confused.
(d) He did everything right.
10. Since Casey is weary of Richman, where does she send him on errands during the investigation on Wednesday?
(a) San Diego.
(b) San Francisco.
(d) El Segundo.
11. What are the workers doing to show their displeasure at the work being sent to China?
(a) Sending letters to John Marder.
(b) Protesting outside Norton Aircraft.
(c) Refusing to finish the wings.
(d) Staging a work slowdown.
12. What is the name of the flight being investigated by Norton Aircraft?
(a) Flight 689.
(b) Flight 342.
(c) Flight 987.
(d) Flight 545.
13. Who reports the plane's activity to the FAA?
(a) The pilot.
(b) A passenger on the flight.
(c) The air traffic controller.
(d) Casey Singleton.
14. What is the condition of the locking pin?
(a) It is too big.
(b) It is in poor condition.
(c) It is too small.
(d) It is brand new.
15. If Jennifer goes forward with her report, who does she want as one of the central figures?
(a) Bob Richman.
(b) John Marder.
(d) Fred Barker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the cockpit recorder of no help in Casey's investigation?
2. Casey is paged to go to a television where coverage is taking place of another N22 accident in what city?
3. While inspecting the plane, what does Casey see stuck in an overhead compartment?
4. What does the JAA press release say?
5. How many people were injured on the troubled flight being investigated by Norton Aircraft?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)