|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of a locking pin?
(a) It holds the Flight Data Recorder in place during flight.
(b) It holds the cockpit doors in place during flight.
(c) It holds the slats in place during flight.
(d) It holds the wheels in place during flight.
2. How many people were injured on the troubled flight being investigated by Norton Aircraft?
3. What does Casey feel may be the key to figuring out what happened on Flight 545?
(a) The conversation between the pilot and co-pilots.
(b) Speaking with the pilot and co-pilots.
(c) Taking the wing apart.
(d) The sound on the video before the incident begins.
4. While inspecting the plane what does Casey see on nearly every surface?
(b) Engine oil.
5. Why is Jennifer Malone looking for a new story?
(a) Her last story proved to be untrue.
(b) One of her current stories has been cancelled.
(c) She wants a promotion.
(d) Her boss wants a story no one else had covered.
6. When Casey arrives at Norton Wednesday morning, what does Marder ask her to do?
(a) Talk to the media waiting outside.
(b) Put together a press release.
(c) Falsify a report on the N-22.
(d) Call JAA.
7. Where did Casey Singleton send her daughter to the morning of the troubled flight?
(a) To a summer camp.
(b) To a scheduled visit with her daughter's father.
(c) To a scheduled visit with Casey's father.
(d) To a scheduled visit with Casey's mother.
8. Why hasn't Casey spoken with the pilot and co-pilots from Flight 545?
(a) They left immediately after the incident.
(b) They won't return her phone calls.
(c) They only speak Chinese.
(d) Their lawyer told them not to speak to her.
9. What does the JAA press release say?
(a) N-22s have been approved for further travel.
(b) It is refusing to certify N-22s.
(c) It is ordering all N-22s to be grounded,
(d) Norton aircraft is under investigation for installing fraudulant parts.
10. According to Jack Rogers, why does he think rumors in the plant stem from John Mader?
(a) Because Jack finds a note from Mader.
(b) Because Don Brull tells him Mader started the rumor.
(c) Because he is working for Mader.
(d) Because Mader wants to be president.
11. What does Amos tell Casey about the locking pin?
(a) It did not cause the accident.
(b) All locking pins on N-22s should be replaced.
(c) It did cause the accident.
(d) It is inconclusive as to whether or not it caused the accident.
12. What are the workers doing to show their displeasure at the work being sent to China?
(a) Refusing to finish the wings.
(b) Protesting outside Norton Aircraft.
(c) Staging a work slowdown.
(d) Sending letters to John Marder.
13. Why does Casey take a copy of the tape to the audio interpretation lab?
(a) She wants another opinion on the noises she hears.
(b) She wants the screaming to be removed so she can hear other noises.
(c) She wants to isolate the conversation in the cockpit.
(d) She wants to know the source of the sound right before the incident.
14. What causes chaos when Casey is walking through hanger 64 with Richman?
(a) An executive from China confronting Casey.
(b) A massive tool falling.
(c) Reporters who have been let into the hanger.
(d) Don Brull's confronting of Casey and Richman.
15. What does the FAA official order the flight crew from the troubled flight to do?
(a) Stay on the plane.
(b) Report to FAA headquarters immediately.
(c) Go to the infirmary.
(d) Write separate reports of what happened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the flight being investigated by Norton Aircraft?
2. After speaking with passengers, Casey thinks part of the problem may have been uncommanded slat deployment. Why would this be dangerous?
3. Where does Casey decide to view the video from the camera she found in the cockpit?
4. In the morning meeting, Casey and the investigative team discuss a plane that never flew again because of one accident. What plane was this?
5. At a staff meeting at Norton Aircraft, which airframe does Casey learn is involved in the troubled flight?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)