|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is upset about the deal with China and might try to sabotage Casey's investigation of the troubled flight?
(a) The vice president of the company.
(b) The engineers.
(c) The local worker's union.
(d) Bob Richman.
2. What part of the N-22 does Casey want to tear apart but can't because of time restrictions?
(a) The autopilot mechanism.
(b) The engine.
(c) The slats.
(d) The wing.
3. Where does Norma learn that Richman has traveled five times in recent months?
(a) To China.
(b) To Korea.
(c) To Bombay.
(d) To Java.
4. Who was waiting for Casey in the parking lot when she arrived at work the morning of the troubled flight?
(a) Her new assistant.
(b) The chief designer.
(c) Her secretary.
(d) The president of the company.
5. Casey is paged to go to a television where coverage is taking place of another N22 accident in what city?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York City.
6. Why does Casey climb a plane that is being constructed?
(a) She needs to talk to the chief builder.
(b) She wants to look at how locking pins are installed.
(c) She wants to inspect N-22 slats for herself.
(d) She is trying to get away from two men who are following her.
7. When the plane from Flight 545 is brought back to Norton, what is peculiar about the locking pin a member of the investigative team found?
(a) It is damaged.
(b) It is rusted.
(c) It is missing.
(d) It is not the original.
8. If Jennifer goes forward with her report, who does she want as one of the central figures?
(a) John Marder.
(c) Fred Barker.
(d) Bob Richman.
9. During a meeting on Tuesday, a report confirms the trouble on Flight 545 was not caused by what?
(b) Slats deployment.
(c) Pilot error.
(d) An autopilot malfunction.
10. At home Wednesday evening, Casey receives a call from Marder informing her about what?
(a) The security detail found someone in her backyard.
(b) A crew from Newsline will be at Norton in the morning.
(c) Another N-22 was involved in an accident.
(d) Bob Richman is missing.
11. Where on the plane does a female American passenger hear a noise before the incident?
(a) In the cockpit.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) On the wing.
(d) In an overhead compartment.
12. Who confirms Casey's conclusion that slat deployment did not cause the trouble on the flight?
13. How long does Casey Singleton have to investigate the incident from the troubled flight?
(a) One year.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) As long as she needs.
14. What is the name of the flight being investigated by Norton Aircraft?
(a) Flight 689.
(b) Flight 987.
(c) Flight 545.
(d) Flight 342.
15. During the second phase of the investigation, what does Casey decide to focus on?
(a) The passenger interviews.
(b) The pilot's statements.
(c) The autopilot mechanism.
(d) The air traffic controller's statement.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Casey arrives at Norton Wednesday morning, what does Marder ask her to do?
2. Who reports the plane's activity to the FAA?
3. Norma gives Casey a fax of a magazine page with a picture of whom?
4. When Casey runs into Don Brull, in addition to reminding her that the wing is going to China, what does he tell her about the wing tools?
5. Where did the troubled flight leave from?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)