|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Norma gives Casey a fax of a magazine page with a picture of whom?
(a) John Marder.
(b) Harold Edgarton.
(c) John Chung.
(d) Bob Richmand.
2. After further investigation, what part of the N-22 does Casey realize may not have been inspected?
(a) The slats.
(b) The autopilot.
(c) The proximity sensor.
(d) The locking pins.
3. How long had it been since the Norton Aircraft had had trouble with slat deployment?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 4 years.
4. Why does Casey climb a plane that is being constructed?
(a) She wants to look at how locking pins are installed.
(b) She needs to talk to the chief builder.
(c) She is trying to get away from two men who are following her.
(d) She wants to inspect N-22 slats for herself.
5. If Jennifer goes forward with her report, who does she want as one of the central figures?
(a) Bob Richman.
(b) Fred Barker.
(d) John Marder.
6. When Casey arrives at Norton Wednesday morning, what does Marder ask her to do?
(a) Falsify a report on the N-22.
(b) Talk to the media waiting outside.
(c) Put together a press release.
(d) Call JAA.
7. When the flight began to experience trouble, what did a young married father drop?
(a) His briefcase.
(b) His video camera.
(c) His infant daughter.
(d) His laptop.
8. What is Jennifer's boss afraid the story about Flight 545 might turn into?
(a) Jennifer's only focus.
(b) A boring piece that no one will be interested in.
(c) A faulty parts story.
(d) A media frenzy.
9. What is JAA?
(a) The Korean version of the FAA.
(b) The European version of the FAA.
(c) The Japanese version of the FAA.
(d) The Australian version of the FAA.
10. When Casey follows the repair reports for the N-22 involved in Flight 545, what does she find?
(a) The locking pin had never been replaced.
(b) The locking pin and other parts had been replaced.
(c) The slats had been damaged.
(d) The autopilot had been replaced.
11. What are the workers doing to show their displeasure at the work being sent to China?
(a) Sending letters to John Marder.
(b) Staging a work slowdown.
(c) Protesting outside Norton Aircraft.
(d) Refusing to finish the wings.
12. Why is Jennifer Malone looking for a new story?
(a) Her boss wants a story no one else had covered.
(b) She wants a promotion.
(c) Her last story proved to be untrue.
(d) One of her current stories has been cancelled.
13. How many people were injured on the troubled flight being investigated by Norton Aircraft?
14. What does the JAA press release say?
(a) N-22s have been approved for further travel.
(b) It is refusing to certify N-22s.
(c) Norton aircraft is under investigation for installing fraudulant parts.
(d) It is ordering all N-22s to be grounded,
15. Who does Casey say usually knows everything going on at Norton Aircraft?
(a) Her secretary.
(b) Her assistant.
(c) The man in charge of the mailroom.
(d) The president of the company.
Short Answer Questions
1. After speaking with passengers, Casey thinks part of the problem may have been uncommanded slat deployment. Why would this be dangerous?
2. What does Casey ask the video store technician to do to the video from the cockpit?
3. Where did Casey Singleton send her daughter to the morning of the troubled flight?
4. Where did the troubled flight leave from?
5. How many people died on the troubled flight being investigated by Norton Aircraft?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)