|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While eating at a local restaurant, what does Casey see on television?
(a) Actual footage of Flight 545.
(b) A report about Flight 545.
(c) Breaking news about another accident involving an N-22.
(d) A report stating that Marder is being investigated by the FAA.
2. What is the purpose of a locking pin?
(a) It holds the cockpit doors in place during flight.
(b) It holds the Flight Data Recorder in place during flight.
(c) It holds the slats in place during flight.
(d) It holds the wheels in place during flight.
3. Which one is not a possibility for the cause of the trouble with the flight?
(a) Loss of engine power.
(b) An electrical malfunction.
(c) A problem with autopilot.
(d) Slats deployment.
4. What does the JAA press release say?
(a) Norton aircraft is under investigation for installing fraudulant parts.
(b) It is refusing to certify N-22s.
(c) It is ordering all N-22s to be grounded,
(d) N-22s have been approved for further travel.
5. In the morning meeting, Casey and the investigative team discuss a plane that never flew again because of one accident. What plane was this?
6. What does the FAA official order the flight crew from the troubled flight to do?
(a) Report to FAA headquarters immediately.
(b) Stay on the plane.
(c) Go to the infirmary.
(d) Write separate reports of what happened.
7. Who tells Casey the pilot said the problem was caused by uncommanded slat deployment?
(a) A stewardess.
(b) The co-pilot.
(c) The FAA inspector.
(d) A passenger.
8. What is the name of the flight being investigated by Norton Aircraft?
(a) Flight 342.
(b) Flight 545.
(c) Flight 987.
(d) Flight 689.
9. What is the FAA official's conclusion as soon as he enters the troubled plane after it is evacuated?
(a) The incident was caused by a passenger.
(b) Turbulence most likely was the cause.
(c) It is the worse scene he has ever come upon.
(d) Turbulence could not have been the cause.
10. In reviewing the tapes between the pilot and air traffic control, what does Casey and her team notice about the pilot?
(a) He did everything right.
(b) He sounds confused.
(c) He is confident that everything is under control.
(d) He is surprised by the malfunction.
11. At home Wednesday evening, Casey receives a call from Marder informing her about what?
(a) Another N-22 was involved in an accident.
(b) A crew from Newsline will be at Norton in the morning.
(c) The security detail found someone in her backyard.
(d) Bob Richman is missing.
12. Why does Casey think Marder ordered security details for all those on the investigation team?
(a) Because of threats from the pilot's union.
(b) Because it is company policy.
(c) Because of a threatening letter sent to Norton.
(d) Because of the rumors at the plant.
13. Why does Casey receive a fax of a magazine story?
(a) She requested it.
(b) It is a regular fax she receives weekly.
(c) Bob Richman requested it.
(d) The purpose is unclear.
14. Why does Casey ask an accountant to view the video from the cockpit?
(a) The accountant is a friend of Casey.
(b) The accountant used to be a designer at Norton.
(c) The accountant can translate the conversation.
(d) The accountant is the wife of the pilot.
15. When the plane from Flight 545 is brought back to Norton, what is peculiar about the locking pin a member of the investigative team found?
(a) It is damaged.
(b) It is missing.
(c) It is rusted.
(d) It is not the original.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marder inform Casey he is going to give her for her efforts in the investigation?
2. What causes chaos when Casey is walking through hanger 64 with Richman?
3. What is Casey Singleton's job at Norton Aircraft?
4. Who was waiting for Casey in the parking lot when she arrived at work the morning of the troubled flight?
5. Who is Jennifer Malone?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)