|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Casey and her team, what would have stopped if autopilot had taken over properly?
(a) The porpoising.
(b) Uncommanded slat deployment.
(c) The forward lurching.
(d) The roller coaster effect.
2. What does the FAA official order the flight crew from the troubled flight to do?
(a) Go to the infirmary.
(b) Stay on the plane.
(c) Write separate reports of what happened.
(d) Report to FAA headquarters immediately.
3. What does Marder inform Casey he is going to give her for her efforts in the investigation?
(a) A bonus.
(b) A promotion.
(c) A raise.
(d) A two week vacation.
4. How many people died on the troubled flight being investigated by Norton Aircraft?
5. Where did the troubled flight leave from?
(c) Hong Kong.
(d) New York City.
6. Who does Casey say usually knows everything going on at Norton Aircraft?
(a) Her secretary.
(b) Her assistant.
(c) The president of the company.
(d) The man in charge of the mailroom.
7. Who is Jack Rogers?
(a) An investigator.
(b) A passenger that wants to sue Norton.
(c) A flight simulation pilot.
(d) A reporter.
8. Why does Casey climb a plane that is being constructed?
(a) She is trying to get away from two men who are following her.
(b) She needs to talk to the chief builder.
(c) She wants to look at how locking pins are installed.
(d) She wants to inspect N-22 slats for herself.
9. Why is the cockpit recorder of no help in Casey's investigation?
(a) Because it was purposely destoyed by someone trying to cover up what happened.
(b) Because it cannot be used in a lawsuit.
(c) Because it was destroyed when the incident happened.
(d) Because it was too early for it to be turned on.
10. Casey's secretary Norma, discovers Richman's large expenses have been approved by whom?
(a) John Marder.
(b) Casey's forged signature.
(c) The executive Norton is working with in China.
(d) Harold Edgarton.
11. Why hasn't Casey spoken with the pilot and co-pilots from Flight 545?
(a) Their lawyer told them not to speak to her.
(b) They won't return her phone calls.
(c) They only speak Chinese.
(d) They left immediately after the incident.
12. Where on the plane does a female American passenger hear a noise before the incident?
(a) In an overhead compartment.
(b) On the wing.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) In the cockpit.
13. A profitable deal with what country is pending, until the findings of the troubled flight are revealed?
(a) Saudi Arabia.
14. What does Casey learn about the Flight Data Recorder?
(a) It was destroyed during the flight.
(b) The information does not lead to any concrete solutions.
(c) The information on it is corrupt.
(d) The information is helpful in determining the cause of the trouble on the flight.
15. How many copies of the video does Casey make?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Casey the pilot said the problem was caused by uncommanded slat deployment?
2. Who reports the plane's activity to the FAA?
3. After speaking with passengers, Casey thinks part of the problem may have been uncommanded slat deployment. Why would this be dangerous?
4. Who does Marder rely on to deal with the press?
5. What reason does Bob Richman give Casey when she confronts him about his time away when he was working in marketing?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)