|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A profitable deal with what country is pending, until the findings of the troubled flight are revealed?
(b) Saudi Arabia.
2. Who does Casey say usually knows everything going on at Norton Aircraft?
(a) The president of the company.
(b) Her assistant.
(c) The man in charge of the mailroom.
(d) Her secretary.
3. What is JAA?
(a) The Japanese version of the FAA.
(b) The Korean version of the FAA.
(c) The Australian version of the FAA.
(d) The European version of the FAA.
4. Why is Casey worried about the news coverage of the new accident involving the N-22?
(a) She cannot handle two investigations at one time.
(b) She fears it was caused by the same problem as Flight 545.
(c) She fears it will bring coverage to Flight 545.
(d) She is sure she will lose her job.
5. From whom does Jennifer learn about Norton's deal with China?
6. Who reports the plane's activity to the FAA?
(a) The air traffic controller.
(b) A passenger on the flight.
(c) Casey Singleton.
(d) The pilot.
7. According to Jack Rogers, why does he think rumors in the plant stem from John Mader?
(a) Because Don Brull tells him Mader started the rumor.
(b) Because he is working for Mader.
(c) Because Mader wants to be president.
(d) Because Jack finds a note from Mader.
8. When Casey arrives at Norton Wednesday morning, what does Marder ask her to do?
(a) Falsify a report on the N-22.
(b) Talk to the media waiting outside.
(c) Put together a press release.
(d) Call JAA.
9. Where did the troubled flight leave from?
(a) Hong Kong.
(b) New York City.
10. What does Casey learn about the Flight Data Recorder?
(a) The information is helpful in determining the cause of the trouble on the flight.
(b) The information does not lead to any concrete solutions.
(c) It was destroyed during the flight.
(d) The information on it is corrupt.
11. At a staff meeting at Norton Aircraft, which airframe does Casey learn is involved in the troubled flight?
(a) A 747.
(b) A N-22.
(c) A 757.
(d) A DC-10
12. During the second phase of the investigation, what does Casey decide to focus on?
(a) The air traffic controller's statement.
(b) The passenger interviews.
(c) The pilot's statements.
(d) The autopilot mechanism.
13. How many people were injured on the troubled flight being investigated by Norton Aircraft?
14. When Casey first boards the damaged plane, what does she conclude is part of the problem?
(a) An act of terrorism.
(c) A mechanical error.
15. Why is Jennifer Malone looking for a new story?
(a) Her boss wants a story no one else had covered.
(b) Her last story proved to be untrue.
(c) One of her current stories has been cancelled.
(d) She wants a promotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. During a meeting on Tuesday, a report confirms the trouble on Flight 545 was not caused by what?
2. What is the purpose of a locking pin?
3. How long had it been since the Norton Aircraft had had trouble with slat deployment?
4. While eating at a local restaurant, what does Casey see on television?
5. What causes chaos when Casey is walking through hanger 64 with Richman?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)