|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While inspecting the plane what does Casey see on nearly every surface?
(a) Engine oil.
2. Which one is not a possibility for the cause of the trouble with the flight?
(a) Loss of engine power.
(b) A problem with autopilot.
(c) Slats deployment.
(d) An electrical malfunction.
3. What caused the accident of the N22 being covered on television?
(a) A engine explosion.
(b) A malfunction of autopilot.
(c) Slat deployment.
(d) Pilot error.
4. Who is Teddy Rawley?
(a) A investigator working for both sides.
(b) An irrate union worker.
(c) A reporter.
(d) A test pilot at Norton.
5. Who tells Casey the pilot said the problem was caused by uncommanded slat deployment?
(a) The FAA inspector.
(b) A passenger.
(c) The co-pilot.
(d) A stewardess.
6. Where does Norma learn that Richman has traveled five times in recent months?
(a) To Java.
(b) To Bombay.
(c) To Korea.
(d) To China.
7. How many people died on the troubled flight being investigated by Norton Aircraft?
8. Why is Jennifer Malone looking for a new story?
(a) Her boss wants a story no one else had covered.
(b) One of her current stories has been cancelled.
(c) She wants a promotion.
(d) Her last story proved to be untrue.
9. How does Casey get down from the top of the plane?
(a) She slides down the wing.
(b) She is pushed off.
(c) She jumps onto a tarp.
(d) She climbs down scaffolding.
10. Since Casey is weary of Richman, where does she send him on errands during the investigation on Wednesday?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) San Diego.
(d) El Segundo.
11. If Jennifer goes forward with her report, who does she want as one of the central figures?
(b) Fred Barker.
(c) Bob Richman.
(d) John Marder.
12. What makes Casey rule out turbulence as the cause of the troubled flight before she even inspects the aircraft?
(a) She talks to the passengers.
(b) She talks to the co-pilot.
(c) She reviews weather reports.
(d) She reviews reports from other planes.
13. While eating at a local restaurant, what does Casey see on television?
(a) Actual footage of Flight 545.
(b) Breaking news about another accident involving an N-22.
(c) A report about Flight 545.
(d) A report stating that Marder is being investigated by the FAA.
14. In the morning meeting, Casey and the investigative team discuss a plane that never flew again because of one accident. What plane was this?
15. What causes chaos when Casey is walking through hanger 64 with Richman?
(a) Don Brull's confronting of Casey and Richman.
(b) Reporters who have been let into the hanger.
(c) A massive tool falling.
(d) An executive from China confronting Casey.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the second phase of the investigation, what does Casey decide to focus on?
2. Why does Casey take a copy of the tape to the audio interpretation lab?
3. What do Casey and Kenny Burne find as they further investigate the N-22 from Flight 545?
4. When Casey arrives at Norton Wednesday morning, what does Marder ask her to do?
5. When Casey follows the repair reports for the N-22 involved in Flight 545, what does she find?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)