|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Casey take a copy of the tape to the audio interpretation lab?
(a) She wants another opinion on the noises she hears.
(b) She wants to isolate the conversation in the cockpit.
(c) She wants to know the source of the sound right before the incident.
(d) She wants the screaming to be removed so she can hear other noises.
2. What is the purpose of a locking pin?
(a) It holds the cockpit doors in place during flight.
(b) It holds the wheels in place during flight.
(c) It holds the Flight Data Recorder in place during flight.
(d) It holds the slats in place during flight.
3. While inspecting the plane, what does Casey see stuck in an overhead compartment?
(a) The remnants of a bomb.
(b) A piece of luggage.
(c) A video camera.
(d) A dead man.
4. Who does Marder rely on to deal with the press?
(a) Norton's Press Department.
(b) He always handles the press himself.
(c) Bob Richman.
5. Who does Richman meet with several times a day?
(b) Executives from China.
(c) Jennifer Malone.
6. Who tells Casey the pilot said the problem was caused by uncommanded slat deployment?
(a) A stewardess.
(b) A passenger.
(c) The FAA inspector.
(d) The co-pilot.
7. What does Casey call the footage from the camera she found in the cockpit?
8. What does Casey tell Jack Rogers about the N-22?
(a) It has never been involved in an accident.
(b) It has a good safety record.
(c) It has a flawed design.
(d) It will be discontinued.
9. During the second phase of the investigation, what does Casey decide to focus on?
(a) The pilot's statements.
(b) The autopilot mechanism.
(c) The passenger interviews.
(d) The air traffic controller's statement.
10. What is Casey Singleton's job at Norton Aircraft?
(a) Chief Investigator.
(b) Head of Human Resources.
(c) Head of Quality Assurance.
(d) Chief Financial Officer.
11. Where did Casey Singleton send her daughter to the morning of the troubled flight?
(a) To a summer camp.
(b) To a scheduled visit with Casey's mother.
(c) To a scheduled visit with Casey's father.
(d) To a scheduled visit with her daughter's father.
12. A profitable deal with what country is pending, until the findings of the troubled flight are revealed?
(a) Saudi Arabia.
13. How many people were injured on the troubled flight being investigated by Norton Aircraft?
14. Where does Casey decide to view the video from the camera she found in the cockpit?
(a) At home.
(b) In her office.
(c) In Marder's office.
(d) At a video store.
15. Why does Casey think Marder ordered security details for all those on the investigation team?
(a) Because of a threatening letter sent to Norton.
(b) Because of threats from the pilot's union.
(c) Because of the rumors at the plant.
(d) Because it is company policy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Casey learn about the Flight Data Recorder?
2. From whom does Jennifer learn about Norton's deal with China?
3. When the plane from Flight 545 is brought back to Norton, what is peculiar about the locking pin a member of the investigative team found?
4. Why hasn't Casey spoken with the pilot and co-pilots from Flight 545?
5. What reason does Bob Richman give Casey when she confronts him about his time away when he was working in marketing?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)