Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Jennifer learn about Norton's deal with China?
2. What does Casey feel may be the key to figuring out what happened on Flight 545?
(a) Taking the wing apart.
(b) The conversation between the pilot and co-pilots.
(c) The sound on the video before the incident begins.
(d) Speaking with the pilot and co-pilots.
3. How many copies of the video does Casey make?
4. If Jennifer goes forward with her report, who does she want as one of the central figures?
(a) John Marder.
(b) Fred Barker.
(d) Bob Richman.
5. What makes Casey rule out pilot error as the cause of the troubled flight before she even inspects the aircraft?
(a) The co-pilot confirms the pilot's story.
(b) Pilot error does not fit in with the chain of events.
(c) The pilot personally received training at Norton Aircraft.
(d) The flight data recorder shows no pilot error.
6. While inspecting the plane what does Casey see on nearly every surface?
(a) Engine oil.
7. In the morning meeting, Casey and the investigative team discuss a plane that never flew again because of one accident. What plane was this?
8. What does the FAA official order the flight crew from the troubled flight to do?
(a) Report to FAA headquarters immediately.
(b) Write separate reports of what happened.
(c) Stay on the plane.
(d) Go to the infirmary.
9. Where on the plane does a female American passenger hear a noise before the incident?
(a) In an overhead compartment.
(b) In the cockpit.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) On the wing.
10. At a staff meeting at Norton Aircraft, which airframe does Casey learn is involved in the troubled flight?
(a) A DC-10
(b) A 747.
(c) A 757.
(d) A N-22.
11. Why does Casey receive a fax of a magazine story?
(a) She requested it.
(b) The purpose is unclear.
(c) Bob Richman requested it.
(d) It is a regular fax she receives weekly.
12. What is Jennifer's boss afraid the story about Flight 545 might turn into?
(a) A media frenzy.
(b) Jennifer's only focus.
(c) A boring piece that no one will be interested in.
(d) A faulty parts story.
13. While eating at a local restaurant, what does Casey see on television?
(a) Breaking news about another accident involving an N-22.
(b) Actual footage of Flight 545.
(c) A report about Flight 545.
(d) A report stating that Marder is being investigated by the FAA.
14. In reviewing the tapes between the pilot and air traffic control, what does Casey and her team notice about the pilot?
(a) He is surprised by the malfunction.
(b) He sounds confused.
(c) He is confident that everything is under control.
(d) He did everything right.
15. How long had it been since the Norton Aircraft had had trouble with slat deployment?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 4 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Casey decide to view the video from the camera she found in the cockpit?
2. How many people were injured on the troubled flight being investigated by Norton Aircraft?
3. What does Casey tell Jack Rogers about the N-22?
4. What do Casey and Kenny Burne find as they further investigate the N-22 from Flight 545?
5. What is JAA?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)