|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Casey ask an accountant to view the video from the cockpit?
(a) The accountant is a friend of Casey.
(b) The accountant can translate the conversation.
(c) The accountant used to be a designer at Norton.
(d) The accountant is the wife of the pilot.
2. What is Jennifer's boss afraid the story about Flight 545 might turn into?
(a) A faulty parts story.
(b) Jennifer's only focus.
(c) A media frenzy.
(d) A boring piece that no one will be interested in.
3. During a meeting on Tuesday, a report confirms the trouble on Flight 545 was not caused by what?
(b) Pilot error.
(c) An autopilot malfunction.
(d) Slats deployment.
4. How many copies of the video does Casey make?
5. What does ex-FAA agent Fred Barker tell Jennifer Malone about the N-22?
(a) It should be grounded.
(b) It has trouble with autopilot.
(c) All models should be rebuilt.
(d) It has trouble with slat deployment.
6. What do Casey and Kenny Burne find as they further investigate the N-22 from Flight 545?
(a) Another video camara.
(b) The American passenger's laptop.
(c) More counterfeit parts.
(d) Another data voice recorder.
7. What is Amos's job at Norton Aircraft?
(a) He is the chief designer.
(b) He is a test pilot.
(c) He is the assistant to the president.
(d) He is a metallurgy expert.
8. What is the name of the flight being investigated by Norton Aircraft?
(a) Flight 342.
(b) Flight 545.
(c) Flight 689.
(d) Flight 987.
9. When the plane from Flight 545 is brought back to Norton, what is peculiar about the locking pin a member of the investigative team found?
(a) It is missing.
(b) It is not the original.
(c) It is damaged.
(d) It is rusted.
10. Where did the pilot of the troubled flight make an emergency landing?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) San Diego.
11. Why is the cockpit recorder of no help in Casey's investigation?
(a) Because it was purposely destoyed by someone trying to cover up what happened.
(b) Because it was too early for it to be turned on.
(c) Because it cannot be used in a lawsuit.
(d) Because it was destroyed when the incident happened.
12. What does Casey learn about the Flight Data Recorder?
(a) The information does not lead to any concrete solutions.
(b) The information is helpful in determining the cause of the trouble on the flight.
(c) The information on it is corrupt.
(d) It was destroyed during the flight.
13. What causes chaos when Casey is walking through hanger 64 with Richman?
(a) An executive from China confronting Casey.
(b) Don Brull's confronting of Casey and Richman.
(c) A massive tool falling.
(d) Reporters who have been let into the hanger.
14. When Casey follows the repair reports for the N-22 involved in Flight 545, what does she find?
(a) The locking pin and other parts had been replaced.
(b) The slats had been damaged.
(c) The autopilot had been replaced.
(d) The locking pin had never been replaced.
15. Where did the troubled flight leave from?
(a) Hong Kong.
(d) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people died on the troubled flight being investigated by Norton Aircraft?
2. While eating at a local restaurant, what does Casey see on television?
3. Norma gives Casey a fax of a magazine page with a picture of whom?
4. What makes Casey rule out pilot error as the cause of the troubled flight before she even inspects the aircraft?
5. When Casey runs into Don Brull, in addition to reminding her that the wing is going to China, what does he tell her about the wing tools?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)