Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Casey rule out pilot error as the cause of the troubled flight before she even inspects the aircraft?
(a) The flight data recorder shows no pilot error.
(b) Pilot error does not fit in with the chain of events.
(c) The co-pilot confirms the pilot's story.
(d) The pilot personally received training at Norton Aircraft.
2. How does Casey get down from the top of the plane?
(a) She is pushed off.
(b) She slides down the wing.
(c) She climbs down scaffolding.
(d) She jumps onto a tarp.
3. When Casey first boards the damaged plane, what does she conclude is part of the problem?
(a) A mechanical error.
(c) An act of terrorism.
4. Where does Casey decide to view the video from the camera she found in the cockpit?
(a) In her office.
(b) At a video store.
(c) At home.
(d) In Marder's office.
5. Who is Teddy Rawley?
(a) A investigator working for both sides.
(b) A reporter.
(c) A test pilot at Norton.
(d) An irrate union worker.
6. Since Casey is weary of Richman, where does she send him on errands during the investigation on Wednesday?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) San Diego.
(d) El Segundo.
7. At home Wednesday evening, Casey receives a call from Marder informing her about what?
(a) The security detail found someone in her backyard.
(b) A crew from Newsline will be at Norton in the morning.
(c) Another N-22 was involved in an accident.
(d) Bob Richman is missing.
8. What does the FAA official order the flight crew from the troubled flight to do?
(a) Stay on the plane.
(b) Report to FAA headquarters immediately.
(c) Go to the infirmary.
(d) Write separate reports of what happened.
9. Casey is paged to go to a television where coverage is taking place of another N22 accident in what city?
(a) New York City.
(c) Los Angeles.
10. How long had it been since the Norton Aircraft had had trouble with slat deployment?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 2 years.
11. What does Amos tell Casey about the locking pin?
(a) It did cause the accident.
(b) It did not cause the accident.
(c) It is inconclusive as to whether or not it caused the accident.
(d) All locking pins on N-22s should be replaced.
12. Who is Jennifer Malone?
(a) A magazine editor.
(b) A television news producer.
(c) A newspaper reporter.
(d) A radio broadcaster.
13. Why is Casey worried about the news coverage of the new accident involving the N-22?
(a) She cannot handle two investigations at one time.
(b) She fears it was caused by the same problem as Flight 545.
(c) She is sure she will lose her job.
(d) She fears it will bring coverage to Flight 545.
14. What is Casey Singleton's job at Norton Aircraft?
(a) Head of Quality Assurance.
(b) Chief Investigator.
(c) Head of Human Resources.
(d) Chief Financial Officer.
15. What do Casey and Kenny Burne find as they further investigate the N-22 from Flight 545?
(a) Another video camara.
(b) Another data voice recorder.
(c) More counterfeit parts.
(d) The American passenger's laptop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does ex-FAA agent Fred Barker tell Jennifer Malone about the N-22?
2. Who tells Jennifer Malone Norton is having internal problems with their union?
3. Casey's secretary Norma, discovers Richman's large expenses have been approved by whom?
4. Where does Norma learn that Richman has traveled five times in recent months?
5. Who does Casey send the Flight Data Recorder information to?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)