|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of a locking pin?
(a) It holds the slats in place during flight.
(b) It holds the cockpit doors in place during flight.
(c) It holds the wheels in place during flight.
(d) It holds the Flight Data Recorder in place during flight.
2. What makes Casey rule out pilot error as the cause of the troubled flight before she even inspects the aircraft?
(a) Pilot error does not fit in with the chain of events.
(b) The flight data recorder shows no pilot error.
(c) The pilot personally received training at Norton Aircraft.
(d) The co-pilot confirms the pilot's story.
3. According to Casey and her team, what would have stopped if autopilot had taken over properly?
(a) The forward lurching.
(b) The porpoising.
(c) Uncommanded slat deployment.
(d) The roller coaster effect.
4. What does Casey warn Marder about in their meeting on Tuesday night?
(a) Jack Rogers' intentions.
(b) Don Brull's intentions.
(c) Harold Edgarton's intentions.
(d) John Chung's intentions.
5. If Jennifer goes forward with her report, who does she want as one of the central figures?
(a) Bob Richman.
(c) Fred Barker.
(d) John Marder.
6. Where did the troubled flight leave from?
(a) New York City.
(c) Hong Kong.
7. Why does Casey receive a fax of a magazine story?
(a) The purpose is unclear.
(b) It is a regular fax she receives weekly.
(c) Bob Richman requested it.
(d) She requested it.
8. What does Amos tell Casey about the locking pin?
(a) All locking pins on N-22s should be replaced.
(b) It did cause the accident.
(c) It is inconclusive as to whether or not it caused the accident.
(d) It did not cause the accident.
9. In reviewing the tapes between the pilot and air traffic control, what does Casey and her team notice about the pilot?
(a) He did everything right.
(b) He is confident that everything is under control.
(c) He is surprised by the malfunction.
(d) He sounds confused.
10. When Casey arrives at Norton Wednesday morning, what does Marder ask her to do?
(a) Call JAA.
(b) Talk to the media waiting outside.
(c) Falsify a report on the N-22.
(d) Put together a press release.
11. When Casey runs into Don Brull, in addition to reminding her that the wing is going to China, what does he tell her about the wing tools?
(a) They are being sent to China as well.
(b) They are being sabatoged.
(c) They are being sent to Korea.
(d) They are being sold off to another company.
12. What is the FAA official's conclusion as soon as he enters the troubled plane after it is evacuated?
(a) Turbulence could not have been the cause.
(b) It is the worse scene he has ever come upon.
(c) The incident was caused by a passenger.
(d) Turbulence most likely was the cause.
13. Who does Casey say usually knows everything going on at Norton Aircraft?
(a) Her secretary.
(b) The president of the company.
(c) Her assistant.
(d) The man in charge of the mailroom.
14. Who is Jack Rogers?
(a) An investigator.
(b) A flight simulation pilot.
(c) A passenger that wants to sue Norton.
(d) A reporter.
15. What does Marder inform Casey he is going to give her for her efforts in the investigation?
(a) A raise.
(b) A two week vacation.
(c) A bonus.
(d) A promotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. During a meeting on Tuesday, a report confirms the trouble on Flight 545 was not caused by what?
2. Who was waiting for Casey in the parking lot when she arrived at work the morning of the troubled flight?
3. While inspecting the plane, what does Casey see stuck in an overhead compartment?
4. At a staff meeting at Norton Aircraft, which airframe does Casey learn is involved in the troubled flight?
5. How long does Casey Singleton have to investigate the incident from the troubled flight?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)