|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Casey feel may be the key to figuring out what happened on Flight 545?
(a) Taking the wing apart.
(b) The sound on the video before the incident begins.
(c) The conversation between the pilot and co-pilots.
(d) Speaking with the pilot and co-pilots.
2. At a staff meeting at Norton Aircraft, which airframe does Casey learn is involved in the troubled flight?
(a) A 757.
(b) A 747.
(c) A N-22.
(d) A DC-10
3. How many copies of the video does Casey make?
4. When the flight began to experience trouble, what did a young married father drop?
(a) His laptop.
(b) His infant daughter.
(c) His video camera.
(d) His briefcase.
5. Who does Casey say usually knows everything going on at Norton Aircraft?
(a) The man in charge of the mailroom.
(b) Her secretary.
(c) Her assistant.
(d) The president of the company.
6. How does Casey get down from the top of the plane?
(a) She climbs down scaffolding.
(b) She slides down the wing.
(c) She jumps onto a tarp.
(d) She is pushed off.
7. Who does Marder rely on to deal with the press?
(b) Bob Richman.
(c) Norton's Press Department.
(d) He always handles the press himself.
8. During the second phase of the investigation, what does Casey decide to focus on?
(a) The autopilot mechanism.
(b) The pilot's statements.
(c) The air traffic controller's statement.
(d) The passenger interviews.
9. What are the workers doing to show their displeasure at the work being sent to China?
(a) Sending letters to John Marder.
(b) Protesting outside Norton Aircraft.
(c) Refusing to finish the wings.
(d) Staging a work slowdown.
10. Why does Casey take a copy of the tape to the audio interpretation lab?
(a) She wants the screaming to be removed so she can hear other noises.
(b) She wants to know the source of the sound right before the incident.
(c) She wants to isolate the conversation in the cockpit.
(d) She wants another opinion on the noises she hears.
11. What does Casey learn about the Flight Data Recorder?
(a) It was destroyed during the flight.
(b) The information on it is corrupt.
(c) The information is helpful in determining the cause of the trouble on the flight.
(d) The information does not lead to any concrete solutions.
12. While eating at a local restaurant, what does Casey see on television?
(a) Breaking news about another accident involving an N-22.
(b) A report stating that Marder is being investigated by the FAA.
(c) A report about Flight 545.
(d) Actual footage of Flight 545.
13. How many people were injured on the troubled flight being investigated by Norton Aircraft?
14. A profitable deal with what country is pending, until the findings of the troubled flight are revealed?
(c) Saudi Arabia.
15. What reason does Bob Richman give Casey when she confronts him about his time away when he was working in marketing?
(a) He was sent away by the administration.
(b) He was traveling to meet potential buyers.
(c) He was using the company to get as many perks as possible.
(d) He was only in the way in marketing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused the accident of the N22 being covered on television?
2. When Casey runs into Don Brull, in addition to reminding her that the wing is going to China, what does he tell her about the wing tools?
3. What makes Casey rule out pilot error as the cause of the troubled flight before she even inspects the aircraft?
4. Who is Jack Rogers?
5. Who tells Casey the pilot said the problem was caused by uncommanded slat deployment?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)