|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where on the plane does a female American passenger hear a noise before the incident?
(a) In the bathroom.
(b) On the wing.
(c) In the cockpit.
(d) In an overhead compartment.
2. Why is Jennifer Malone looking for a new story?
(a) She wants a promotion.
(b) Her boss wants a story no one else had covered.
(c) Her last story proved to be untrue.
(d) One of her current stories has been cancelled.
3. When the plane from Flight 545 is brought back to Norton, what is peculiar about the locking pin a member of the investigative team found?
(a) It is damaged.
(b) It is missing.
(c) It is rusted.
(d) It is not the original.
4. In reviewing the tapes between the pilot and air traffic control, what does Casey and her team notice about the pilot?
(a) He is confident that everything is under control.
(b) He did everything right.
(c) He sounds confused.
(d) He is surprised by the malfunction.
5. What do Casey and Kenny Burne find as they further investigate the N-22 from Flight 545?
(a) More counterfeit parts.
(b) Another data voice recorder.
(c) Another video camara.
(d) The American passenger's laptop.
6. While eating at a local restaurant, what does Casey see on television?
(a) Breaking news about another accident involving an N-22.
(b) A report stating that Marder is being investigated by the FAA.
(c) A report about Flight 545.
(d) Actual footage of Flight 545.
7. While inspecting the plane what does Casey see on nearly every surface?
(b) Engine oil.
8. Who is Jennifer Malone?
(a) A newspaper reporter.
(b) A magazine editor.
(c) A television news producer.
(d) A radio broadcaster.
9. How long had it been since the Norton Aircraft had had trouble with slat deployment?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 4 years.
10. What is the FAA official's conclusion as soon as he enters the troubled plane after it is evacuated?
(a) Turbulence could not have been the cause.
(b) It is the worse scene he has ever come upon.
(c) Turbulence most likely was the cause.
(d) The incident was caused by a passenger.
11. How does Casey get down from the top of the plane?
(a) She climbs down scaffolding.
(b) She is pushed off.
(c) She slides down the wing.
(d) She jumps onto a tarp.
12. What makes Casey rule out pilot error as the cause of the troubled flight before she even inspects the aircraft?
(a) Pilot error does not fit in with the chain of events.
(b) The flight data recorder shows no pilot error.
(c) The co-pilot confirms the pilot's story.
(d) The pilot personally received training at Norton Aircraft.
13. When Casey arrives at Norton Wednesday morning, what does Marder ask her to do?
(a) Call JAA.
(b) Put together a press release.
(c) Talk to the media waiting outside.
(d) Falsify a report on the N-22.
14. What are the workers doing to show their displeasure at the work being sent to China?
(a) Refusing to finish the wings.
(b) Staging a work slowdown.
(c) Protesting outside Norton Aircraft.
(d) Sending letters to John Marder.
15. Who is Jack Rogers?
(a) A passenger that wants to sue Norton.
(b) An investigator.
(c) A reporter.
(d) A flight simulation pilot.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people died on the troubled flight being investigated by Norton Aircraft?
2. At home Wednesday evening, Casey receives a call from Marder informing her about what?
3. If Jennifer goes forward with her report, who does she want as one of the central figures?
4. After speaking with passengers, Casey thinks part of the problem may have been uncommanded slat deployment. Why would this be dangerous?
5. What makes Casey rule out turbulence as the cause of the troubled flight before she even inspects the aircraft?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)