|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Jennifer learn about Norton's deal with China?
2. What is the condition of the locking pin?
(a) It is too big.
(b) It is brand new.
(c) It is in poor condition.
(d) It is too small.
3. During a meeting on Tuesday, a report confirms the trouble on Flight 545 was not caused by what?
(a) Pilot error.
(b) An autopilot malfunction.
(d) Slats deployment.
4. When Casey follows the repair reports for the N-22 involved in Flight 545, what does she find?
(a) The autopilot had been replaced.
(b) The locking pin had never been replaced.
(c) The slats had been damaged.
(d) The locking pin and other parts had been replaced.
5. How many people were injured on the troubled flight being investigated by Norton Aircraft?
6. Why is Casey worried about the news coverage of the new accident involving the N-22?
(a) She fears it will bring coverage to Flight 545.
(b) She fears it was caused by the same problem as Flight 545.
(c) She cannot handle two investigations at one time.
(d) She is sure she will lose her job.
7. When Casey arrives at Norton Wednesday morning, what does Marder ask her to do?
(a) Falsify a report on the N-22.
(b) Call JAA.
(c) Put together a press release.
(d) Talk to the media waiting outside.
8. Which one is not a possibility for the cause of the trouble with the flight?
(a) An electrical malfunction.
(b) Loss of engine power.
(c) Slats deployment.
(d) A problem with autopilot.
9. How does Casey get down from the top of the plane?
(a) She jumps onto a tarp.
(b) She slides down the wing.
(c) She is pushed off.
(d) She climbs down scaffolding.
10. Where did the pilot of the troubled flight make an emergency landing?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) San Diego.
11. If Jennifer goes forward with her report, who does she want as one of the central figures?
(b) Fred Barker.
(c) Bob Richman.
(d) John Marder.
12. According to Jack Rogers, why does he think rumors in the plant stem from John Mader?
(a) Because he is working for Mader.
(b) Because Mader wants to be president.
(c) Because Jack finds a note from Mader.
(d) Because Don Brull tells him Mader started the rumor.
13. Who does Casey say usually knows everything going on at Norton Aircraft?
(a) Her assistant.
(b) The president of the company.
(c) The man in charge of the mailroom.
(d) Her secretary.
14. In the morning meeting, Casey and the investigative team discuss a plane that never flew again because of one accident. What plane was this?
15. Who does Casey send the Flight Data Recorder information to?
(a) The FAA.
(b) John Marder.
(c) Jack Rogers.
(d) Flight simulations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Bob Richman give Casey when she confronts him about his time away when he was working in marketing?
2. Why is the cockpit recorder of no help in Casey's investigation?
3. At home Wednesday evening, Casey receives a call from Marder informing her about what?
4. In reviewing the tapes between the pilot and air traffic control, what does Casey and her team notice about the pilot?
5. After further investigation, what part of the N-22 does Casey realize may not have been inspected?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)