|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the flight began to experience trouble, what did a young married father drop?
(a) His video camera.
(b) His briefcase.
(c) His laptop.
(d) His infant daughter.
2. Casey is paged to go to a television where coverage is taking place of another N22 accident in what city?
(a) New York City.
(d) Los Angeles.
3. What does Casey tell Jack Rogers about the N-22?
(a) It has a flawed design.
(b) It will be discontinued.
(c) It has never been involved in an accident.
(d) It has a good safety record.
4. Who is upset about the deal with China and might try to sabotage Casey's investigation of the troubled flight?
(a) The engineers.
(b) Bob Richman.
(c) The local worker's union.
(d) The vice president of the company.
5. Who reports the plane's activity to the FAA?
(a) Casey Singleton.
(b) The air traffic controller.
(c) The pilot.
(d) A passenger on the flight.
6. A profitable deal with what country is pending, until the findings of the troubled flight are revealed?
(d) Saudi Arabia.
7. How long had it been since the Norton Aircraft had had trouble with slat deployment?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 6 months.
8. After speaking with passengers, Casey thinks part of the problem may have been uncommanded slat deployment. Why would this be dangerous?
(a) The friction during flight can cause a fire.
(b) Slats are only supposed to deploy during takeoff and landing.
(c) It makes the plane unbalanced.
(d) It causes a loss in cabin pressure.
9. Where did the pilot of the troubled flight make an emergency landing?
(b) San Diego.
(c) Los Angeles.
10. What is Casey Singleton's job at Norton Aircraft?
(a) Head of Human Resources.
(b) Head of Quality Assurance.
(c) Chief Investigator.
(d) Chief Financial Officer.
11. Norma gives Casey a fax of a magazine page with a picture of whom?
(a) John Chung.
(b) John Marder.
(c) Bob Richmand.
(d) Harold Edgarton.
12. What is the FAA official's conclusion as soon as he enters the troubled plane after it is evacuated?
(a) Turbulence most likely was the cause.
(b) It is the worse scene he has ever come upon.
(c) Turbulence could not have been the cause.
(d) The incident was caused by a passenger.
13. How long does Casey Singleton have to investigate the incident from the troubled flight?
(a) One week.
(b) One year.
(c) One month.
(d) As long as she needs.
14. What makes Casey rule out pilot error as the cause of the troubled flight before she even inspects the aircraft?
(a) Pilot error does not fit in with the chain of events.
(b) The flight data recorder shows no pilot error.
(c) The pilot personally received training at Norton Aircraft.
(d) The co-pilot confirms the pilot's story.
15. From whom does Jennifer learn about Norton's deal with China?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people died on the troubled flight being investigated by Norton Aircraft?
2. During the second phase of the investigation, what does Casey decide to focus on?
3. What does Marder inform Casey he is going to give her for her efforts in the investigation?
4. Why is Jennifer Malone looking for a new story?
5. What does Amos tell Casey about the locking pin?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)