|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Teddy Rawley?
(a) A investigator working for both sides.
(b) A reporter.
(c) A test pilot at Norton.
(d) An irrate union worker.
2. What are the workers doing to show their displeasure at the work being sent to China?
(a) Protesting outside Norton Aircraft.
(b) Refusing to finish the wings.
(c) Staging a work slowdown.
(d) Sending letters to John Marder.
3. During a meeting on Tuesday, a report confirms the trouble on Flight 545 was not caused by what?
(b) An autopilot malfunction.
(c) Slats deployment.
(d) Pilot error.
4. Where did Casey Singleton send her daughter to the morning of the troubled flight?
(a) To a scheduled visit with Casey's mother.
(b) To a scheduled visit with her daughter's father.
(c) To a scheduled visit with Casey's father.
(d) To a summer camp.
5. Norma gives Casey a fax of a magazine page with a picture of whom?
(a) John Chung.
(b) Harold Edgarton.
(c) Bob Richmand.
(d) John Marder.
6. What is the name of the flight being investigated by Norton Aircraft?
(a) Flight 545.
(b) Flight 987.
(c) Flight 342.
(d) Flight 689.
7. While inspecting the plane what does Casey see on nearly every surface?
(c) Engine oil.
8. What do Casey and Kenny Burne find as they further investigate the N-22 from Flight 545?
(a) Another video camara.
(b) Another data voice recorder.
(c) The American passenger's laptop.
(d) More counterfeit parts.
9. When Casey runs into Don Brull, in addition to reminding her that the wing is going to China, what does he tell her about the wing tools?
(a) They are being sold off to another company.
(b) They are being sent to China as well.
(c) They are being sabatoged.
(d) They are being sent to Korea.
10. Since Casey is weary of Richman, where does she send him on errands during the investigation on Wednesday?
(b) El Segundo.
(c) San Diego.
(d) San Francisco.
11. Why does Casey think Marder ordered security details for all those on the investigation team?
(a) Because of threats from the pilot's union.
(b) Because of the rumors at the plant.
(c) Because it is company policy.
(d) Because of a threatening letter sent to Norton.
12. According to Casey and her team, what would have stopped if autopilot had taken over properly?
(a) The forward lurching.
(b) The roller coaster effect.
(c) Uncommanded slat deployment.
(d) The porpoising.
13. When Casey arrives at Norton Wednesday morning, what does Marder ask her to do?
(a) Talk to the media waiting outside.
(b) Call JAA.
(c) Put together a press release.
(d) Falsify a report on the N-22.
14. Why does Casey climb a plane that is being constructed?
(a) She wants to inspect N-22 slats for herself.
(b) She needs to talk to the chief builder.
(c) She is trying to get away from two men who are following her.
(d) She wants to look at how locking pins are installed.
15. How many people died on the troubled flight being investigated by Norton Aircraft?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jack Rogers, why does he think rumors in the plant stem from John Mader?
2. How long does Casey Singleton have to investigate the incident from the troubled flight?
3. After further investigation, what part of the N-22 does Casey realize may not have been inspected?
4. What makes Casey rule out pilot error as the cause of the troubled flight before she even inspects the aircraft?
5. Where does Casey decide to view the video from the camera she found in the cockpit?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)