|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Casey arrives at Norton Wednesday morning, what does Marder ask her to do?
(a) Call JAA.
(b) Falsify a report on the N-22.
(c) Talk to the media waiting outside.
(d) Put together a press release.
2. Who does Richman meet with several times a day?
(a) Jennifer Malone.
(b) Executives from China.
3. How many people were injured on the troubled flight being investigated by Norton Aircraft?
4. What is the name of the flight being investigated by Norton Aircraft?
(a) Flight 987.
(b) Flight 342.
(c) Flight 689.
(d) Flight 545.
5. At home Wednesday evening, Casey receives a call from Marder informing her about what?
(a) Another N-22 was involved in an accident.
(b) A crew from Newsline will be at Norton in the morning.
(c) Bob Richman is missing.
(d) The security detail found someone in her backyard.
6. What reason does the pilot of the troubled flight give for the plane's problems?
(a) Loss of an engine.
(b) Low fuel.
(c) Severe turbulence.
(d) A deranged passenger.
7. If Jennifer goes forward with her report, who does she want as one of the central figures?
(a) John Marder.
(c) Fred Barker.
(d) Bob Richman.
8. How many people died on the troubled flight being investigated by Norton Aircraft?
9. What are the workers doing to show their displeasure at the work being sent to China?
(a) Protesting outside Norton Aircraft.
(b) Staging a work slowdown.
(c) Sending letters to John Marder.
(d) Refusing to finish the wings.
10. What is Jennifer's boss afraid the story about Flight 545 might turn into?
(a) A faulty parts story.
(b) A boring piece that no one will be interested in.
(c) Jennifer's only focus.
(d) A media frenzy.
11. Who is Jennifer Malone?
(a) A television news producer.
(b) A newspaper reporter.
(c) A radio broadcaster.
(d) A magazine editor.
12. Who tells Casey the pilot said the problem was caused by uncommanded slat deployment?
(a) A stewardess.
(b) A passenger.
(c) The FAA inspector.
(d) The co-pilot.
13. What is the purpose of a locking pin?
(a) It holds the wheels in place during flight.
(b) It holds the slats in place during flight.
(c) It holds the cockpit doors in place during flight.
(d) It holds the Flight Data Recorder in place during flight.
14. What does Casey feel may be the key to figuring out what happened on Flight 545?
(a) Taking the wing apart.
(b) Speaking with the pilot and co-pilots.
(c) The conversation between the pilot and co-pilots.
(d) The sound on the video before the incident begins.
15. Who reports the plane's activity to the FAA?
(a) The pilot.
(b) The air traffic controller.
(c) A passenger on the flight.
(d) Casey Singleton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why hasn't Casey spoken with the pilot and co-pilots from Flight 545?
2. Where did the troubled flight leave from?
3. Why does Casey climb a plane that is being constructed?
4. What does Casey tell Jack Rogers about the N-22?
5. During the second phase of the investigation, what does Casey decide to focus on?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)