|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While inspecting the plane, what does Casey see stuck in an overhead compartment?
(a) A dead man.
(b) A piece of luggage.
(c) A video camera.
(d) The remnants of a bomb.
2. When the plane from Flight 545 is brought back to Norton, what is peculiar about the locking pin a member of the investigative team found?
(a) It is rusted.
(b) It is damaged.
(c) It is missing.
(d) It is not the original.
3. In the biggest deal in its history, Norton Aircraft is about to sell how many of the same type of plane involved in the troubled flight?
4. What reason does Bob Richman give Casey when she confronts him about his time away when he was working in marketing?
(a) He was using the company to get as many perks as possible.
(b) He was traveling to meet potential buyers.
(c) He was only in the way in marketing.
(d) He was sent away by the administration.
5. Where on the plane does a female American passenger hear a noise before the incident?
(a) On the wing.
(b) In the cockpit.
(c) In an overhead compartment.
(d) In the bathroom.
6. What causes chaos when Casey is walking through hanger 64 with Richman?
(a) An executive from China confronting Casey.
(b) Reporters who have been let into the hanger.
(c) A massive tool falling.
(d) Don Brull's confronting of Casey and Richman.
7. Who was waiting for Casey in the parking lot when she arrived at work the morning of the troubled flight?
(a) Her new assistant.
(b) The president of the company.
(c) The chief designer.
(d) Her secretary.
8. Why does Casey think Marder ordered security details for all those on the investigation team?
(a) Because of a threatening letter sent to Norton.
(b) Because of the rumors at the plant.
(c) Because it is company policy.
(d) Because of threats from the pilot's union.
9. What makes Casey rule out turbulence as the cause of the troubled flight before she even inspects the aircraft?
(a) She talks to the passengers.
(b) She reviews weather reports.
(c) She talks to the co-pilot.
(d) She reviews reports from other planes.
10. What is the condition of the locking pin?
(a) It is too big.
(b) It is in poor condition.
(c) It is too small.
(d) It is brand new.
11. How many copies of the video does Casey make?
12. What does Marder inform Casey he is going to give her for her efforts in the investigation?
(a) A two week vacation.
(b) A bonus.
(c) A raise.
(d) A promotion.
13. Why is Jennifer Malone looking for a new story?
(a) Her last story proved to be untrue.
(b) Her boss wants a story no one else had covered.
(c) She wants a promotion.
(d) One of her current stories has been cancelled.
14. Which one is not a possibility for the cause of the trouble with the flight?
(a) Loss of engine power.
(b) A problem with autopilot.
(c) An electrical malfunction.
(d) Slats deployment.
15. Where did the troubled flight leave from?
(c) Hong Kong.
(d) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Jennifer Malone Norton is having internal problems with their union?
2. How does Casey get down from the top of the plane?
3. When Casey runs into Don Brull, in addition to reminding her that the wing is going to China, what does he tell her about the wing tools?
4. Why does Casey take a copy of the tape to the audio interpretation lab?
5. What reason does the pilot of the troubled flight give for the plane's problems?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)