|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does ex-FAA agent Fred Barker tell Jennifer Malone about the N-22?
(a) All models should be rebuilt.
(b) It should be grounded.
(c) It has trouble with slat deployment.
(d) It has trouble with autopilot.
2. Where did the troubled flight leave from?
(a) New York City.
(b) Hong Kong.
3. Where did Casey Singleton send her daughter to the morning of the troubled flight?
(a) To a scheduled visit with Casey's mother.
(b) To a summer camp.
(c) To a scheduled visit with Casey's father.
(d) To a scheduled visit with her daughter's father.
4. What makes Casey rule out turbulence as the cause of the troubled flight before she even inspects the aircraft?
(a) She talks to the co-pilot.
(b) She reviews reports from other planes.
(c) She talks to the passengers.
(d) She reviews weather reports.
5. Where does Norma learn that Richman has traveled five times in recent months?
(a) To Korea.
(b) To China.
(c) To Java.
(d) To Bombay.
6. After further investigation, what part of the N-22 does Casey realize may not have been inspected?
(a) The autopilot.
(b) The slats.
(c) The locking pins.
(d) The proximity sensor.
7. What does Casey ask the video store technician to do to the video from the cockpit?
(a) Edit it.
(b) Speed it up.
(c) Slow it down.
(d) Destroy it.
8. Who confirms Casey's conclusion that slat deployment did not cause the trouble on the flight?
9. When Casey runs into Don Brull, in addition to reminding her that the wing is going to China, what does he tell her about the wing tools?
(a) They are being sold off to another company.
(b) They are being sent to China as well.
(c) They are being sent to Korea.
(d) They are being sabatoged.
10. What do Casey and Kenny Burne find as they further investigate the N-22 from Flight 545?
(a) Another video camara.
(b) The American passenger's laptop.
(c) Another data voice recorder.
(d) More counterfeit parts.
11. Who is Jennifer Malone?
(a) A radio broadcaster.
(b) A magazine editor.
(c) A newspaper reporter.
(d) A television news producer.
12. If Jennifer goes forward with her report, who does she want as one of the central figures?
(a) John Marder.
(b) Fred Barker.
(c) Bob Richman.
13. Why is Casey worried about the news coverage of the new accident involving the N-22?
(a) She cannot handle two investigations at one time.
(b) She is sure she will lose her job.
(c) She fears it was caused by the same problem as Flight 545.
(d) She fears it will bring coverage to Flight 545.
14. Norma gives Casey a fax of a magazine page with a picture of whom?
(a) John Chung.
(b) Bob Richmand.
(c) John Marder.
(d) Harold Edgarton.
15. Who does Casey say usually knows everything going on at Norton Aircraft?
(a) The man in charge of the mailroom.
(b) The president of the company.
(c) Her secretary.
(d) Her assistant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the pilot of the troubled flight give for the plane's problems?
2. What causes chaos when Casey is walking through hanger 64 with Richman?
3. What is Jennifer's boss afraid the story about Flight 545 might turn into?
4. At a staff meeting at Norton Aircraft, which airframe does Casey learn is involved in the troubled flight?
5. What is the purpose of a locking pin?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)