|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Casey send the Flight Data Recorder information to?
(a) The FAA.
(b) John Marder.
(c) Flight simulations.
(d) Jack Rogers.
2. What part of the N-22 does Casey want to tear apart but can't because of time restrictions?
(a) The slats.
(b) The engine.
(c) The wing.
(d) The autopilot mechanism.
3. Which one is not a possibility for the cause of the trouble with the flight?
(a) An electrical malfunction.
(b) A problem with autopilot.
(c) Loss of engine power.
(d) Slats deployment.
4. Where did the pilot of the troubled flight make an emergency landing?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) San Diego.
5. Who is Teddy Rawley?
(a) A reporter.
(b) A investigator working for both sides.
(c) A test pilot at Norton.
(d) An irrate union worker.
6. What is the name of the flight being investigated by Norton Aircraft?
(a) Flight 987.
(b) Flight 689.
(c) Flight 342.
(d) Flight 545.
7. Where did the troubled flight leave from?
(a) New York City.
(d) Hong Kong.
8. Why is the cockpit recorder of no help in Casey's investigation?
(a) Because it cannot be used in a lawsuit.
(b) Because it was destroyed when the incident happened.
(c) Because it was purposely destoyed by someone trying to cover up what happened.
(d) Because it was too early for it to be turned on.
9. How many people died on the troubled flight being investigated by Norton Aircraft?
10. Why does Casey receive a fax of a magazine story?
(a) The purpose is unclear.
(b) Bob Richman requested it.
(c) It is a regular fax she receives weekly.
(d) She requested it.
11. In reviewing the tapes between the pilot and air traffic control, what does Casey and her team notice about the pilot?
(a) He did everything right.
(b) He sounds confused.
(c) He is confident that everything is under control.
(d) He is surprised by the malfunction.
12. What do Casey and Kenny Burne find as they further investigate the N-22 from Flight 545?
(a) More counterfeit parts.
(b) Another video camara.
(c) Another data voice recorder.
(d) The American passenger's laptop.
13. How does Casey get down from the top of the plane?
(a) She climbs down scaffolding.
(b) She slides down the wing.
(c) She is pushed off.
(d) She jumps onto a tarp.
14. During a meeting on Tuesday, a report confirms the trouble on Flight 545 was not caused by what?
(a) Slats deployment.
(b) An autopilot malfunction.
(c) Pilot error.
15. What does Casey learn about the Flight Data Recorder?
(a) It was destroyed during the flight.
(b) The information on it is corrupt.
(c) The information does not lead to any concrete solutions.
(d) The information is helpful in determining the cause of the trouble on the flight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the JAA press release say?
2. What reason does the pilot of the troubled flight give for the plane's problems?
3. When Casey first boards the damaged plane, what does she conclude is part of the problem?
4. In the biggest deal in its history, Norton Aircraft is about to sell how many of the same type of plane involved in the troubled flight?
5. Who tells Jennifer Malone Norton is having internal problems with their union?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)