|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does ex-FAA agent Fred Barker tell Jennifer Malone about the N-22?
(a) It has trouble with slat deployment.
(b) All models should be rebuilt.
(c) It should be grounded.
(d) It has trouble with autopilot.
2. When Casey arrives at Norton Wednesday morning, what does Marder ask her to do?
(a) Call JAA.
(b) Talk to the media waiting outside.
(c) Falsify a report on the N-22.
(d) Put together a press release.
3. At a staff meeting at Norton Aircraft, which airframe does Casey learn is involved in the troubled flight?
(a) A 757.
(b) A N-22.
(c) A DC-10
(d) A 747.
4. Where does Norma learn that Richman has traveled five times in recent months?
(a) To China.
(b) To Java.
(c) To Bombay.
(d) To Korea.
5. Why does Casey ask an accountant to view the video from the cockpit?
(a) The accountant can translate the conversation.
(b) The accountant is the wife of the pilot.
(c) The accountant is a friend of Casey.
(d) The accountant used to be a designer at Norton.
6. Who does Casey send the Flight Data Recorder information to?
(a) John Marder.
(b) Jack Rogers.
(c) Flight simulations.
(d) The FAA.
7. When Casey first boards the damaged plane, what does she conclude is part of the problem?
(b) An act of terrorism.
(c) A mechanical error.
8. Who reports the plane's activity to the FAA?
(a) A passenger on the flight.
(b) The air traffic controller.
(c) Casey Singleton.
(d) The pilot.
9. Who is upset about the deal with China and might try to sabotage Casey's investigation of the troubled flight?
(a) The local worker's union.
(b) The engineers.
(c) The vice president of the company.
(d) Bob Richman.
10. Where did the troubled flight leave from?
(a) Hong Kong.
(d) New York City.
11. When Casey runs into Don Brull, in addition to reminding her that the wing is going to China, what does he tell her about the wing tools?
(a) They are being sabatoged.
(b) They are being sent to China as well.
(c) They are being sold off to another company.
(d) They are being sent to Korea.
12. Casey's secretary Norma, discovers Richman's large expenses have been approved by whom?
(a) The executive Norton is working with in China.
(b) Casey's forged signature.
(c) John Marder.
(d) Harold Edgarton.
13. What do Casey and Kenny Burne find as they further investigate the N-22 from Flight 545?
(a) Another video camara.
(b) The American passenger's laptop.
(c) More counterfeit parts.
(d) Another data voice recorder.
14. What part of the N-22 does Casey want to tear apart but can't because of time restrictions?
(a) The engine.
(b) The slats.
(c) The wing.
(d) The autopilot mechanism.
15. What does Marder inform Casey he is going to give her for her efforts in the investigation?
(a) A bonus.
(b) A promotion.
(c) A two week vacation.
(d) A raise.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the flight began to experience trouble, what did a young married father drop?
2. Why is Casey worried about the news coverage of the new accident involving the N-22?
3. What is the FAA official's conclusion as soon as he enters the troubled plane after it is evacuated?
4. Who confirms Casey's conclusion that slat deployment did not cause the trouble on the flight?
5. What does Casey warn Marder about in their meeting on Tuesday night?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)