|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thursday.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Casey learn about the Flight Data Recorder?
(a) The information does not lead to any concrete solutions.
(b) The information is helpful in determining the cause of the trouble on the flight.
(c) The information on it is corrupt.
(d) It was destroyed during the flight.
2. During a meeting on Tuesday, a report confirms the trouble on Flight 545 was not caused by what?
(a) Slats deployment.
(b) Pilot error.
(d) An autopilot malfunction.
3. In reviewing the tapes between the pilot and air traffic control, what does Casey and her team notice about the pilot?
(a) He is confident that everything is under control.
(b) He did everything right.
(c) He sounds confused.
(d) He is surprised by the malfunction.
4. When the plane from Flight 545 is brought back to Norton, what is peculiar about the locking pin a member of the investigative team found?
(a) It is not the original.
(b) It is rusted.
(c) It is damaged.
(d) It is missing.
5. Why does Casey ask an accountant to view the video from the cockpit?
(a) The accountant can translate the conversation.
(b) The accountant is a friend of Casey.
(c) The accountant is the wife of the pilot.
(d) The accountant used to be a designer at Norton.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people died on the troubled flight being investigated by Norton Aircraft?
2. What is JAA?
3. What is the FAA official's conclusion as soon as he enters the troubled plane after it is evacuated?
4. How long had it been since the Norton Aircraft had had trouble with slat deployment?
5. What does Casey call the footage from the camera she found in the cockpit?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)