|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amos tell Casey about the locking pin?
(a) All locking pins on N-22s should be replaced.
(b) It is inconclusive as to whether or not it caused the accident.
(c) It did cause the accident.
(d) It did not cause the accident.
2. What is the purpose of a locking pin?
(a) It holds the cockpit doors in place during flight.
(b) It holds the slats in place during flight.
(c) It holds the wheels in place during flight.
(d) It holds the Flight Data Recorder in place during flight.
3. Where did Casey Singleton send her daughter to the morning of the troubled flight?
(a) To a scheduled visit with her daughter's father.
(b) To a summer camp.
(c) To a scheduled visit with Casey's mother.
(d) To a scheduled visit with Casey's father.
4. Why is Casey worried about the news coverage of the new accident involving the N-22?
(a) She is sure she will lose her job.
(b) She fears it will bring coverage to Flight 545.
(c) She cannot handle two investigations at one time.
(d) She fears it was caused by the same problem as Flight 545.
5. Why is the cockpit recorder of no help in Casey's investigation?
(a) Because it cannot be used in a lawsuit.
(b) Because it was destroyed when the incident happened.
(c) Because it was purposely destoyed by someone trying to cover up what happened.
(d) Because it was too early for it to be turned on.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jennifer Malone looking for a new story?
2. What does Casey feel may be the key to figuring out what happened on Flight 545?
3. What reason does the pilot of the troubled flight give for the plane's problems?
4. From whom does Jennifer learn about Norton's deal with China?
5. Who tells Casey the pilot said the problem was caused by uncommanded slat deployment?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)