|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tuesday.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In reviewing the tapes between the pilot and air traffic control, what does Casey and her team notice about the pilot?
(a) He sounds confused.
(b) He did everything right.
(c) He is surprised by the malfunction.
(d) He is confident that everything is under control.
2. When the flight began to experience trouble, what did a young married father drop?
(a) His infant daughter.
(b) His briefcase.
(c) His laptop.
(d) His video camera.
3. Who does Casey send the Flight Data Recorder information to?
(a) John Marder.
(b) The FAA.
(c) Flight simulations.
(d) Jack Rogers.
4. What is the purpose of a locking pin?
(a) It holds the wheels in place during flight.
(b) It holds the Flight Data Recorder in place during flight.
(c) It holds the slats in place during flight.
(d) It holds the cockpit doors in place during flight.
5. Where did the troubled flight leave from?
(c) New York City.
(d) Hong Kong.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Casey climb a plane that is being constructed?
2. At a staff meeting at Norton Aircraft, which airframe does Casey learn is involved in the troubled flight?
3. While inspecting the plane, what does Casey see stuck in an overhead compartment?
4. Who confirms Casey's conclusion that slat deployment did not cause the trouble on the flight?
5. Why is the cockpit recorder of no help in Casey's investigation?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)