|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one is not a possibility for the cause of the trouble with the flight?
(a) Slats deployment.
(b) Loss of engine power.
(c) A problem with autopilot.
(d) An electrical malfunction.
2. What is Casey Singleton's job at Norton Aircraft?
(a) Chief Financial Officer.
(b) Chief Investigator.
(c) Head of Quality Assurance.
(d) Head of Human Resources.
3. After speaking with passengers, Casey thinks part of the problem may have been uncommanded slat deployment. Why would this be dangerous?
(a) The friction during flight can cause a fire.
(b) It makes the plane unbalanced.
(c) It causes a loss in cabin pressure.
(d) Slats are only supposed to deploy during takeoff and landing.
4. Who tells Casey the pilot said the problem was caused by uncommanded slat deployment?
(a) The co-pilot.
(b) The FAA inspector.
(c) A passenger.
(d) A stewardess.
5. How long had it been since the Norton Aircraft had had trouble with slat deployment?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 5 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. While inspecting the plane, what does Casey see stuck in an overhead compartment?
2. Who does Casey say usually knows everything going on at Norton Aircraft?
3. Who reports the plane's activity to the FAA?
4. Where on the plane does a female American passenger hear a noise before the incident?
5. Why is the cockpit recorder of no help in Casey's investigation?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)