|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Casey Singleton's job at Norton Aircraft?
(a) Head of Quality Assurance.
(b) Head of Human Resources.
(c) Chief Investigator.
(d) Chief Financial Officer.
2. What makes Casey rule out pilot error as the cause of the troubled flight before she even inspects the aircraft?
(a) The flight data recorder shows no pilot error.
(b) The pilot personally received training at Norton Aircraft.
(c) The co-pilot confirms the pilot's story.
(d) Pilot error does not fit in with the chain of events.
3. Who reports the plane's activity to the FAA?
(a) The pilot.
(b) A passenger on the flight.
(c) The air traffic controller.
(d) Casey Singleton.
4. After speaking with passengers, Casey thinks part of the problem may have been uncommanded slat deployment. Why would this be dangerous?
(a) The friction during flight can cause a fire.
(b) Slats are only supposed to deploy during takeoff and landing.
(c) It causes a loss in cabin pressure.
(d) It makes the plane unbalanced.
5. Who is upset about the deal with China and might try to sabotage Casey's investigation of the troubled flight?
(a) The vice president of the company.
(b) Bob Richman.
(c) The engineers.
(d) The local worker's union.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Casey Singleton send her daughter to the morning of the troubled flight?
2. What makes Casey rule out turbulence as the cause of the troubled flight before she even inspects the aircraft?
3. What is the FAA official's conclusion as soon as he enters the troubled plane after it is evacuated?
4. While inspecting the plane, what does Casey see stuck in an overhead compartment?
5. What does the FAA official order the flight crew from the troubled flight to do?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)