|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After speaking with passengers, Casey thinks part of the problem may have been uncommanded slat deployment. Why would this be dangerous?
(a) Slats are only supposed to deploy during takeoff and landing.
(b) The friction during flight can cause a fire.
(c) It causes a loss in cabin pressure.
(d) It makes the plane unbalanced.
2. At a staff meeting at Norton Aircraft, which airframe does Casey learn is involved in the troubled flight?
(a) A 747.
(b) A 757.
(c) A DC-10
(d) A N-22.
3. In the biggest deal in its history, Norton Aircraft is about to sell how many of the same type of plane involved in the troubled flight?
4. Who reports the plane's activity to the FAA?
(a) The air traffic controller.
(b) The pilot.
(c) A passenger on the flight.
(d) Casey Singleton.
5. Who is upset about the deal with China and might try to sabotage Casey's investigation of the troubled flight?
(a) The local worker's union.
(b) The engineers.
(c) The vice president of the company.
(d) Bob Richman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Casey Singleton's job at Norton Aircraft?
2. A profitable deal with what country is pending, until the findings of the troubled flight are revealed?
3. What makes Casey rule out pilot error as the cause of the troubled flight before she even inspects the aircraft?
4. While inspecting the plane what does Casey see on nearly every surface?
5. While inspecting the plane, what does Casey see stuck in an overhead compartment?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)