|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the pilot of the troubled flight make an emergency landing?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) San Diego.
2. When the flight began to experience trouble, what did a young married father drop?
(a) His briefcase.
(b) His infant daughter.
(c) His video camera.
(d) His laptop.
3. Where did Casey Singleton send her daughter to the morning of the troubled flight?
(a) To a scheduled visit with her daughter's father.
(b) To a scheduled visit with Casey's father.
(c) To a summer camp.
(d) To a scheduled visit with Casey's mother.
4. What makes Casey rule out pilot error as the cause of the troubled flight before she even inspects the aircraft?
(a) The pilot personally received training at Norton Aircraft.
(b) The co-pilot confirms the pilot's story.
(c) Pilot error does not fit in with the chain of events.
(d) The flight data recorder shows no pilot error.
5. Who reports the plane's activity to the FAA?
(a) The air traffic controller.
(b) Casey Singleton.
(c) The pilot.
(d) A passenger on the flight.
Short Answer Questions
1. After speaking with passengers, Casey thinks part of the problem may have been uncommanded slat deployment. Why would this be dangerous?
2. How long had it been since the Norton Aircraft had had trouble with slat deployment?
3. What makes Casey rule out turbulence as the cause of the troubled flight before she even inspects the aircraft?
4. How long does Casey Singleton have to investigate the incident from the troubled flight?
5. How many people were injured on the troubled flight being investigated by Norton Aircraft?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)